快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: MIDI FIGHTER TWISTER controller modes (1-4) have the same functionality when connected to virtual dj
I followed all the steps described in the virtual dj hardware manual (https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/djtechtools/fightertwister/setup.html) for the set up of my new MIDI FIGHTER TWISTER controller.
When connected to Virtual DJ ,this controller has 4 modes ( 1=effects, 2=full stems, 3=eq&effects, 4=deck&mixer) but all of them are doing the same things, controlling the same effects in the same way as mode 1. The only difference is the used color around the rotaries. I repeated the set up procedure several times but it still doesn't work as it should be according to the manual. What am I doing wrong? Pls, help before I decide to return the controller.

ps. I already sent an email to support but I thought this info might also be interesting for other people to read

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 2:09 pm
I assume you have:
1) updated the firmware to the latest version. (Dated: 02 Oct 2109)

2) Downloaded the and Imported the VDJ's Settings to the MFT. Required for VDJ's mapping to interface with the MFT. (each encoder and button has many modes that it can function, and one needs to have the MFT configured to the state, the definitions & mappings were created for.)

3) are using the default mapping for the MFT.

For further troubleshooting:

1) Would be great to have a screen shot of the MFT Utility, showing the Encoder Setting Tab, pic of Bank 1 and one of Bank 2 and last, a screenshot of the Global Settings Tab with Side Key Functions drop down expanded.

2) use midi Ox to check that the side buttons are functioning properly. (guess could also use VDJ's varlist with Auto Update box checked and check the value of the variable @$twistermode changes. it should be 0 for mode 1, and 3 for mode 4, ie it should change when pressing the side MODE buttons.) (Update: assume this is probably NOT an issue, since the led change with each mode)

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 2:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your MIDI Fighter is at the latest available firmware ? Check with the Utility

What names do you get in VirtualDJ Settings->MAPPING tab (Key Learn area) when you move a rotary in the 4 modes ? Names should contain the mode .. like .. MD1_ENC_ or MD2_ENC etc.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 2:58 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
I assume you have:
1) updated the firmware to the latest version. (Dated: 02 Oct 2109)

Yes

2) Downloaded the and Imported the VDJ's Settings to the MFT. Required for VDJ's mapping to interface with the MFT. (each encoder and button has many modes that it can function, and one needs to have the MFT configured to the state, the definitions & mappings were created for.)

3) are using the default mapping for the MFT.

I've imported this mfs file :
https://virtualdj.com/files/tools/Midi%20Fighter%20Twister%20Settings.mfs
and also sent to midifighter.

For further troubleshooting:

1) Would be great to have a screen shot of the MFT Utility, showing the Encoder Setting Tab, pic of Bank 1 and one of Bank 2 and last, a screenshot of the Global Settings Tab with Side Key Functions drop down expanded.

2) use midi Ox to check that the side buttons are functioning properly. (guess could also use VDJ's varlist with Auto Update box checked and check the value of the variable @$twistermode changes. it should be 0 for mode 1, and 3 for mode 4, ie it should change when pressing the side MODE buttons.) (Update: assume this is probably NOT an issue, since the led change with each mode)

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 3:24 pm
Awesome :)

The screenshots are to confirm that the both the Firmware update and the Setting Import were successfully completed.

And.
djdad wrote :
What names do you get in VirtualDJ Settings->MAPPING tab (Key Learn area) when you move a rotary in the 4 modes ? Names should contain the mode .. like .. MD1_ENC_ or MD2_ENC etc.

what are your results?

------------------
PS when you did the MFT firmware update, was the MFT connected directly to the PC, NOT connected with a USB Hub.

Don't want to go down a rabbit hole if not needed. Need more info to before one would want to do a factory reset then repeat your initial steps.

And good to get the thoughts of DJDAD the Pro ! before you go that route .

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 3:49 pm
djdad wrote :
Your MIDI Fighter is at the latest available firmware ? Check with the Utility

You're right. When I push the middle button om the (left/right) side to switch between modes I see : mode_1, or mode_2 or mode_3, or mode_4 but when I turn the rotaries on whatever the mode then I always see md1 ( for example md1_enc_1_1, md1_enc_1_2, mid1_enc_1_3, mid1_enc_1_4 ............ mid1_enc_4_3, mid1_enc_4_4 ) instead of the prefix md2 in case of mode 2 or md3 in case of mode 3 or md4 in case of mode 4 while the right mappings are there.

do you have any idea about what's happening ?

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 3:54 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Awesome :)

The screenshots are to confirm that the both the Firmware update and the Setting Import were successfully completed.

And.
djdad wrote :

what are your results?

When I push the middle button om the (left/right) side to switch between modes I see : mode_1, or mode_2 or mode_3, or mode_4 but when I turn the rotaries on whatever the mode then I always see md1 ( for example md1_enc_1_1, md1_enc_1_2, mid1_enc_1_3, mid1_enc_1_4 ............ mid1_enc_4_3, mid1_enc_4_4 ) instead of the prefix md2 in case of mode 2 or md3 in case of mode 3 or md4 in case of mode 4 while the right mappings are there.

PS when you did the MFT firmware update, was the MFT connected directly to the PC, NOT connected with a USB Hub.

I didn't update it. Update was not necessary. the last firmware was already installed.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 3:58 pm
Guys , thank you very much for helping !

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 4:03 pm
for me to help more, I would have to see the screenshots of the MFT Utility listed above. As it should work, if the MFT is configured correctly.

Quote :
1) Would be great to have a screen shot of the MFT Utility, showing the Encoder Setting Tab, pic of Bank 1 and one of Bank 2
(the 3rd screenshot NOT necessary since the side buttons are working)

Maybe DJDAD has the solution.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 4:05 pm

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 4:19 pm
As you can see in the printscreens, some encoder settings of bank 1 are different from the settings of bank 2,3 and 4

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 4:24 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
for me to help more, I would have to see the screenshots of the MFT Utility listed above. As it should work, if the MFT is configured correctly.

Quote :
1) Would be great to have a screen shot of the MFT Utility, showing the Encoder Setting Tab, pic of Bank 1 and one of Bank 2
(the 3rd screenshot NOT necessary since the side buttons are working)

screenshots added. I hope the right ones :-)

Maybe DJDAD has the solution.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks for the screenshots.. all looks great !

think next step of troubleshooting is to look at the midi output from the MFT with Midi OX or Pocket Midi (prerfer Pocket Midi), to see that the midi outputs from the encoders has changed when in different modes.

This will check that the MFT is outputting the correct Midi for each mode.

here is screenshot of pocket midi connected to MFT.

the test is:
1) connect the MFT to Pocket Midi or Midi Ox
2) set the Input and Output to the MFT
3) then slightly turn any encoder and see output.. should be ch1 w CC B0 00 XX for first encoder of bank 1
4) then change bank to bank 2 (pictured above) by sending a midi value of 127 on channel 4 to CC 001, click the transmit button. (send 127 on CC 002 to change to bank 3, etc)
5) then slightly turn any encoder and see the output on bank 2.. should be Ch1 CC B0 1X XX for bank 2.

A) the above picture shows adjusting encoder on bank 1 bank 2, bank 3 and bank 4, shown on the left blue window, the midi output for the encoders on different banks. (the 1st digit of the middle yellow column, represents the bank of the encoder. The same encoder should output different midi for each bank)

B) and one sees the transmitted midi to change the bank, in the right side blue window.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Post your screen shot of your test if possible.

--------------------
And if the above is not functioning correctly, then I would suggest, doing a factory reset and redo the firmware update, (connecting MFT directly to computer) and then once again importing the VDJ settings.

NOTE: you may want to get advice from either DJDAD or from DJTECHTOOLS before doing the reset.
(at one time my MFT was not working as it should, (not outputting midi correctly after the first firmware update), and the factory reset and 2nd firmware update fixed it for me) Hate advising that without a second opinion though. Do not want to void a warranty, if DJTECHTOOLS does not recommend that . .and maybe, if needed, with the above midi data, contact DJTECHTOOLS (Stevan) to get their thoughts on what they feel is best, a replacement or reset.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 5:41 pm
My test output with pocket midi

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 6:44 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Thanks for the screenshots.. all looks great !

think next step of troubleshooting is to look at the midi output from the MFT with Midi OX or Pocket Midi (prerfer Pocket Midi), to see that the midi outputs from the encoders has changed when in different modes.

This will check that the MFT is outputting the correct Midi for each mode.

here is screenshot of pocket midi connected to MFT.

the test is:
1) connect the MFT to Pocket Midi or Midi Ox
2) set the Input and Output to the MFT
3) then slightly turn any encoder and see output.. should be ch1 w CC B0 00 XX for first encoder of bank 1
4) then change bank to bank 2 (pictured above) by sending a midi value of 127 on channel 4 to CC 001, click the transmit button. (send 127 on CC 002 to change to bank 3, etc)
5) then slightly turn any encoder and see the output on bank 2.. should be Ch1 CC B0 1X XX for bank 2.

A) the above picture shows adjusting encoder on bank 1 bank 2, bank 3 and bank 4, shown on the left blue window, the midi output for the encoders on different banks. (the 1st digit of the middle yellow column, represents the bank of the encoder. The same encoder should output different midi for each bank)

B) and one sees the transmitted midi to change the bank, in the right side blue window.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Post your screen shot of your test if possible.

Amadeo: screenshot of my pocket midi test added.

--------------------
And if the above is not functioning correctly, then I would suggest, doing a factory reset and redo the firmware update, (connecting MFT directly to computer) and then once again importing the VDJ settings.

NOTE: you may want to get advice from either DJDAD or from DJTECHTOOLS before doing the reset.
(at one time my MFT was not working as it should, (not outputting midi correctly after the first firmware update), and the factory reset and 2nd firmware update fixed it for me) Hate advising that without a second opinion though. Do not want to void a warranty, if DJTECHTOOLS does not recommend that . .and maybe, if needed, with the above midi data, contact DJTECHTOOLS (Stevan) to get their thoughts on what they feel is best, a replacement or reset.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 6:47 pm
IIDEEJAYII, Thank you very much!!!! I've reinstalled the last MFT firmware and finally it works as it should. I really appreciate all your help and assistance.
And thanks to DJDAD as well :-)

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 8:10 pm
Awesome .. enjoy :)

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 8:37 pm