快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Replace audio files but keep hotcues and beatgrid
Hi,
I started off with all my files in mp3-format. Now I am thinking of switching to lossless format (FLAC), by re-converting every track and replacing it within my inventory. So same tracks, same folder structure, but different audio format.

I recognize hotcues and beatgrids are assigned to the files: Is there any way to reassign the information to the new files, so I don’t lose endless hrs of work?

Thank you!

发表时间 Sat 24 Sep 22 @ 8:54 pm
The file data won't match so no point.

发表时间 Sat 24 Sep 22 @ 10:58 pm
This data is stored in the database, not in the files.

In theory, you could open your database.xml in a text editor, do a find-replace for ".mp3" to ".flac" and the data would be preserved.

HOWEVER, that comes with the big caveat that re-encoding a file can *slightly* change its length, and if that happens, the saved data for each song could become inaccurate for each file.

发表时间 Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 7:03 am
And gain, and beatgrid, and mix points etc.

I replace SD videos with HD ones in the using the same method, but once the foles are replaced I reload tags, re-analyze in VDJ then set cues again.

发表时间 Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 7:24 am
While in theory it sound simple enough, as others said in reality it's not that easy.
I have also replaced a lot of mp3 files with flac the last 2-3 years and despite using some "hacks" to "copy" most data between the two different files, at the end I always ended up redoing the hotcues on about 90% of the songs I replaced.
Also I had to do mass editing (replacement) on my history files e.t.c.

So while it sounds simple it's not.

发表时间 Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 10:35 am
Makes perfect sense.
Thank you guys a lot!

发表时间 Thu 29 Sep 22 @ 5:43 am