快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How to move files/folder structure without losing data?
apster07ControlleristMember since 2022
Hey everyone,

Quick question, what happens if I move an entire folder of music i have and it's structure to a different place on my HD? Will all the hot cues, bpms and comments go away?

If so, how do i move them without losing all the info?

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 4:17 am
check this recent thread, from a few days ago:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/248248/General_Discussion/Flattening_Music_Folder_Question.html

No can answer it better then, PhantomDeejay, in the last post.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Ok, to make things clear:

1. You can use a filter folder as suggested above.
A filter folder will show contents based on a set of rules. Therefore you can tell a filter folder to show all files of "C:\Full Library\Current Hits\Promo Only Radio" folder AND it's subfolders without the need to mess with the actual files.

2. You can move files around, but you need to do it through VirtualDJ browser.
Since you want to move a lot of files from a lot different folders here's what you need to do and pay attention to:
A) Right click a folder and select "Recurse" to get a flat list of the contents of that folder and all it's subfolders
B) Click on a track on main browser area and hit CTRL+A on your keyboard to select all files
C) Right click on a file, select "File operations -> Move to"
D) Choose a new location to move your files at.
E) WAIT
Depending on the number of files this process may take some time to complete.
Also VirtualDJ will try to update all your playlists, History files and Virtual Folders with the new location of your files.
Depending on how many files you moved and how many playlists/history files you have this process also may take a long time to complete.
DO NOT close VirtualDJ before you sure that this process has ended.

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 7:42 am
apster07ControlleristMember since 2022
Thanks so much man, so when moving folders/files within Virtual, it automatically writes and updates the Database.xml file? That's good to know

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 8:06 am