快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How to create own Stem files ("Stem creator" for VDJ) - Page: 3
belacmuPRO InfinityMember since 2012
ok, thank you! Would it be possible to have an option to have the stems and master seperated or together? For my uses I'm pretty sure it would be best to be able to have the stems in their own seperate file from the master.

发表时间 Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 10:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure if that's really useful.
Afaik most software will simply play the first audio track in the m4a anyway, so even though it includes stems it will be compatible with other software too and just play the mixed track there.
It also has the advantage that you can't accidentally remove the stems using the 'delete precomputed stems' option in vdj.
Finally if you do need a standalone master track for other uses, it probably makes more sense to export that directly from your production software as well.

发表时间 Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 10:27 am
Sure, I get that.

Any suggestions on how to replace songs in my library with these new "stem masters" without losing the metadata/hotcues for each track? Any idea if there's a good/easy way to do that? The only thing I can think of is to go in and directly edit the vdj xml file.

发表时间 Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 12:37 pm
You can use the tag editor to rename the current songs to have the .m4a extension, then you can just replace the file afterwards.
You probably would need to rescan the file afterwards though, otherwise the autogain will not be correct.

发表时间 Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 12:43 pm
Hi,

In build 7082 :
-Stem Creator for producers to create their own precomputed stems from the original stems (use open_stem_creator to access)

but how it work : doesn't find this in my early access update ( not in options)

Please help :)

发表时间 Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 7:03 am
Use the command open_stem_creator on a custom button

Selected as best answer 发表时间 Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 7:38 am
thanks.

i've tried it on IMAC intel 2017.

i use .wav and the .m4a output have only 2 channel AAC..... (With 4 Stems not optional...)

and no progress bar when encoding. Still beta ?

发表时间 Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 11:24 am
With the current EA release you should get a 2-channel .m4a and a .vdjstems with the stems next to it.
Progress is shown in the vdj status bar in the browser

发表时间 Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 12:12 pm
Adion wrote :
With the current EA release you should get a 2-channel .m4a and a .vdjstems with the stems next to it.
Progress is shown in the vdj status bar in the browser

I'm looking forward to this release. Thanks Adion!

发表时间 Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 9:22 am
It's here already :) (build 7093)

发表时间 Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 9:23 am
I'm wondering what kind of audio quality the master track turns out to be? If I'm switching from 320kbps mp3s, is the quality being degraded when it turns into the m4a file?

发表时间 Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 6:47 am
Should be similar

发表时间 Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 6:52 am
It looks like some of the master tracks are dropping down to less than 200kbps, is there any way to get some control over that? It would be great to at least have the main song track at a high quality, even if the individual stem tracks are a bit lower.

发表时间 Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 8:36 am
It's vbr at the highest level, so it will depend on the track, but should be similar or better than 320kbps mp3.

发表时间 Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 8:49 am
is there a way to enable instru2 stem control in VDJ ?

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 22 @ 6:53 am
Instru2 is just a convenience when creating the stems. When creating it is mixed together with instru as there's only one instrument stem in vdj

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 22 @ 10:50 am
Hi. How awesome that this exist. Thanks a lot for the work put in creating this. Yet when I open the plugin with an custom button virtual dj freezes and I have to re-start the program. Do I need to update something? Or what can I do. Is there a log with the error which I can share?

发表时间 Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 9:57 am
Ime GeradeHouse wrote :
Hi. How awesome that this exist. Thanks a lot for the work put in creating this. Yet when I open the plugin with an custom button virtual dj freezes and I have to re-start the program. Do I need to update something? Or what can I do. Is there a log with the error which I can share?

- Update -

After some twitching I found out that after I mapped the button directly in the default skin instead via my controller and also disconnecting my controller it the plugin worked.

I also found a youtube tutorial btw named : Quick n' Dirty; Stem Creator for Producers in VDJ 8.5/2021 made by Klaus Mogensen who explains the plugin quite well.

发表时间 Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 10:08 am
Ime GeradeHouse wrote :

I also found a youtube tutorial btw named : Quick n' Dirty; Stem Creator for Producers in VDJ 8.5/2021 made by Klaus Mogensen who explains the plugin quite well.

Thank you :)

发表时间 Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 4:20 pm
Just gave the Stem Creator a first try today. It's a wonderful live tool for us producers!!!

There is still that issue already mentioned: if you just mix instruments and vocals together the drums also appear in the background. If you solo one of each all is fine. This sometimes leads to a somehow muffled sound depending on how you mix the stems together.

It would also be great to have a preview with level metering before glueing the stems together. This would make it much easier to decide on the amount of headroom needed.

Stem files do run into a dedicated limiter, right? One that's independent from the channel limiter.

发表时间 Sat 01 Oct 22 @ 1:00 am
76%