快速登录:  

Forum: Video Discussion

话题: Recording Can't Keep Up
I have an Alienware laptop with 16 gigs of RAM. Last week I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows. The computer has a 256 gig SSD and a 1 TB mechanical hard drive.

After getting the computer going I reinstalled VDJ and really the only other thing I've installed on the machine is Firefox. In other words, it should be pretty clean without a bunch of junk running on it. I don't even have antivirus software running on it yet.

I connected my Rane One to the laptop and I've been playing around but when I try to record video, I get a message that the, "RECORDING CAN'T KEEP UP."

I've rebooted the machine and tried to make sure that a lot of junk isn't running. Really, the only processes that are running are just the normal Windows things and as stated, I've installed nothing else on the laptop.

I've also tried recording to both hard drives to see if that changed anything. It didn't.

Does anyone have thoughts on what I might try to do to fix this?

Thanks.

发表时间 Wed 12 May 21 @ 10:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
fresh wiped machine, my first idea would be gfx drivers, my second idea would be is windows up to date?,
honestly the "nuclear option" [wipe and start again] is never as easy as it makes out, easier than finding the start of the problem perhaps but a rescue disc or a solid recovery point is a lot easier.

发表时间 Wed 12 May 21 @ 11:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In case you are recording as webm you could also try mp4 instead

发表时间 Thu 13 May 21 @ 4:32 am
That's more intensive?

发表时间 Thu 13 May 21 @ 10:14 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes this is possibly more intensive
webm uses CPU based encoder when mp4 uses codec that 'can possibly' be GPU "accelerated" (but one can be slower depending on CPU GPU codec optimization system load... more often this is webm)

Just to verify, does recording samples from loop panel work ?
(because only recording from recording page often fails for me; stop or do not save - very old PC - but not samples)

发表时间 Thu 13 May 21 @ 10:50 pm
I haven't recorded any loops. I'll have to check it out.

发表时间 Sat 15 May 21 @ 6:43 pm