快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Roland DJ-707m - not working properly with VDJ.
I just received my Roland DJ-707m yesterday afternoon.

Firstly, I successfully updated the firmware from 1.01 to 1.02.

Next, I installed the drivers as detailed in the downloaded installation guide. Everything seemed to be alright until I tried the drum machine on the left deck pads, they would not work. I also tried the installed sound FX on the right deck pads. They also did not work.

I decided to completely uninstall the drivers following the Roland guide. Then reinstall the drivers again, this did not make any difference.

Then I shut the 707m down and disconnected the USB connection from the computer. I started up the 707m in stand-alone mode and the drum machine pads worked perfectly fine, also, the effects pads worked too.

After closing the 707m down and reconnecting the USB cable and restart, again, the built-in drum machine and effects would not work.

My question is, are they supposed to work alongside the VDJ mapper implementation?

I also have noticed that the master output meter on the skin is not visible at all. This is on the default skin as well as every other skin I tried. Is this a problem with the Roland driver?

Your urgent response is required as I have 27 days left to return the Roland 707m if I'm not happy with it.

Cheers

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 500gb SSD, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2018 b5281 and Controllers - Denon MC6000 MkII, Denon MC7000, Roland DJ-707m.

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 1:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The TR and OSC of the DJ707M should also work with VirtualDJ.
Have you set the Source switchers to the appropriate positions ?
For TR, the Deck 3 needs to be at TR position and then you switch the left side to Decks 1-3.
Then press PLAY to start the selected pattern.
Make sure the level/volume of Deck 3 is up

Important : Make sure you have the correct/default Audio Setup with lineins included, or else the sound from TR/OSC and other auxiliary sources will not be heard.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj707m/setup.html

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 2:28 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
I also have noticed that the master output meter on the skin is not visible at all. This is on the default skin as well as every other skin I tried. Is this a problem with the Roland driver?

No problem here. The Roland DJ707M requires an "External mixer" Audio setup, so there is no "Master" actually, thus the Master VU meters will not be shown.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj707m/setup.html

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 2:30 pm
And while you are testing, keep the following in mind...

1. Best would be to add a sampler line in your Audio setup like..
sampler... DJ707M .. AUX OUT (Channels 9,10)
so that Sampler is output from the dedicated output and not all 4 mixer channels. This way, you wont have a very loud VDJ Sampler and its Volume will be only affected by the Sampler Volume knob and not the Mixer Volume faders.
This change will be included in the default audio setup in next update.

2. There is an issue with the TR sampler at the moment. When you press PLAY on the TR deck, and the TR is synced to another Deck (the MASTER one) , you may get the sample stutter at the beginning (and only then). This will be fixed in a future update.
Also keep in mind that the TR deck for VirtualDJ is a normal deck in Line In mode, so it may become MASTER as well. If you want to sync TR to a deck make sure its not the MASTER deck.

3. The FX ASSIGN buttons are not mapped, so can be customized. The FX1 and FX2 units will always apply the Effect to the Left or Right Deck.
Long press of FX ASSIGN 2 should offer the ability to apply VDJ effects to the Sampler. This is not working at the moment, but it will in next update.

Some additional information about the TR:
When the its SYNC button (CH 3 at TR and left side to Deck 3), is disabled, the TR will play at its nominal speed 100BPM and you can use the Deck 3 Pitch fader to adjust.
If you enable its SYNC button, then the Pitch fader wont work (but it will in next release) and you can set any VDJ deck to MASTER and TR will sync to that Deck.
You turn off TR Sync with SHIFT + SYNC

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 2:44 pm
Thought you bought the MC7000 Les?

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:17 pm
I definitely switched the source to TR and the deck to 3, the pad lights are flashing but no sound output. The volume fader is up.

My default sound settings appear to be different to the picture above.

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:19 pm
Yes your Audio setup is correct. When you switch CH3 to TR, dont you get the Deck 3 with Line In enabled ?
Have you tried with a 4 Deck skin ?

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:23 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Thought you bought the MC7000 Les?

Haha, yes I did. It's just a little big and I had bought it 2 or 3 days before the 707m was announced.

The 707m looked like a good follow up to the Denon MC6000MkII. It's just a fraction larger than the MC6000MkII, but, very light.

Just had it 24 hours and got 27 days left to test it with the option of returning it with free postage and get my money back. It's either the Roland or the Denon

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:28 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes your Audio setup is correct. When you switch CH3 to TR, dont you get the Deck 3 with Line In enabled ?
Have you tried with a 4 Deck skin ?

Yes the left deck 3 is showing 'Line In 3' and is playing similar to when a tune is playing. Left deck 4 is the same, but, showing 'Line In 4'.

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:39 pm
So when you press PLAY from Deck 3 on the Roland you get no sound ?
The only thing i can think of is if Mac somehow has disabled the Inputs of the Roland sound card or needs some exception from the security.
So from System Preferences->Security & privacy, check 1st tab in case you need to allow something for the driver and then check Privacy tab and make sure VirtualDJ is allowed to use Microphone (which i believe its also for Inputs)

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:43 pm
djdad wrote :
....then check Privacy tab and make sure VirtualDJ is allowed to use Microphone (which i believe its also for Inputs)

That's it!!! The microphone, VirtualDJ was not ticked. Both TR and OSC are now working! Maybe I won't send it back then :-)

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 4:10 pm
I think that needs adding to the setup guide (if it's not there already).

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 4:30 pm
Its not related to a specific controller, its a generic issue on latest Mac OSX versions affecting Microphone, Record Loopback inputs, DVS, Live inputs etc.
We will try to see if we can check this status and offer some warning, but adding to a manual is the least we can do, even though nobody reads manuals in nowadays lol
Anyways, we ll find a nice way to inform users.

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 4:35 pm
hey djles. Reading your problems and solutions here, I will have to decide if I ll buy it or not. How are the buttons of 707m ? Are they rubber or plastic? Are you happy with the response ? Overall do you like it or not?

发表时间 Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 9:36 pm
djdad i read manual before buying any controller but the feeling of the hardware is what the users only can tell you about.

发表时间 Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 9:38 pm
Mit einigen Anfangsschwierigkeiten komme ich halbwegs mit dem TR/OSC klar.

Die Installationshilfe von VDJ half hier wirklich.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj707m/trs.html

Die Drum-Machine synct (wenn aktiviert) immer mit dem aktuellen MASTER-Deck. Darauf achtet man meist nicht, weil man das im regulären VDJ-Betrieb nicht muss.
Damit ist nie klar, woher der TR seinen Beat eigentlich gerade nimmt. Der Unterschied zum TR-Line-Input-Betrieb und einem regulären VDJ-Kanal ist folgender:
Mit [SYNC] aktiviert man auf dem TR-Deck (#3) die automatische Beat-Synchronisierung. Mit [SHIFT]+[SYNC] deaktiviert man wieder. Beim Standard-Mapping kann man auf den VDJ-PC-Kanälen (#1,#2) mit [SHIFT]+[SYNC] aber den Kanal als MASTER setzen, da es hier ein "abschalten" des Sync gar nicht gibt.
Die Info, welcher Kanal gerade MASTER ist, ist somit wahnsinnig wichtig - wenn das auf einem alternativen Skin nicht angezeigt wird - blöd...
Und man muss aufpassen, dass beim mixen nicht plötzlich ein anderer Kanal zum Master wird, da sonst der TR sofort seinen Speed ändert, ohne dass man noch einmal [SYNC] gedrückt hätte. Dieses SYNC-Verhalten unterscheidet sich grundsätzlich vom normalen VDJ-Kanal.

Meine eigentliche Frage bezieht sich aber auf eine ganz andere Funktion des DJ-707M, die bei VDJ abgeschaltet ist. Und zwar der vordere AUX Input im Mono/Stereo Mode.
Läuft der Roland autark (ohne Rechner) oder unter SERATO (extra installiert), dann lässt sich das Signal der externen Quelle in den Main einmixen.
Startet man VDJ, schaltet der vordere AUX unmittelbar auf stumm... Bewegt man den Schalter auf MIC, dann gibt es wieder ein Signal, was aufgrund der Pegelunterschiede aber nicht als Line-Input nutzbar ist. Und im MIC-Mode dürften beide Kanäle (R/L) jeweils mono weiterverarbeitet werden, da sie ja als Mikrofoneingänge geroutet werden.

发表时间 Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 12:12 pm
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Did you get the front ''aux in to work? Every time I luanch VDJ, the sound from the front aux in stops. I was hoping that the "aux in" would work independently of vdj. Like when I launch Serato, it doesn't affect the sound from the front aux in. =(.

发表时间 Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 2:16 am
Nope, sent my 707m back for a refund last week.

发表时间 Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 8:58 am
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Everyone, Any new updates on this topic ?

发表时间 Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:26 pm