快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: TIMECODE VINYL PITCH IS NOT ACCURATE LIKE THE CONTROLLER IS - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have a question on timecode vinyl and virtual dj 8.2 is it possible to fix the pitch on vdj 8.2 it is not accurate with the turntable if i move the pitch on the turntable it take a second for vdj to respond to the movement. i do tricks for instance if i move the pitch on the turntable all the way to negative in a fast motion vdj take a second to respond and the same with positive .on the controller it is very accurate.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 9:05 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Same issue +1

发表时间 Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 11:21 pm
Its crazy the dev team never fix this issue i just try it on serato.audio wise when i slow down the pitch on the turntable it still at normal speed and a second or 2 later it slow down. on serato its very accurate i put the pitch fader to negative in a fast motion u here it slow down instanstly.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 11:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Does changing the setting timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend improve things at all?

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 1:31 am
No there is still a delay .it not on point at all .

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that the pitch slider responds slower than the actual sound to differentiate between a scratch and a potcg change.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 3:57 am
Angel, please stop asking the same question in different forums.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 4:15 am
angelt99 wrote :
No there is still a delay .it not on point at all .

+1

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:45 am
angelt99 wrote :
Its crazy the dev team never fix this issue i just try it on serato.audio wise when i slow down the pitch on the turntable it still at normal speed and a second or 2 later it slow down. on serato its very accurate i put the pitch fader to negative in a fast motion u here it slow down instanstly.

Hi Angel can you do me a favor can you take a picture of yours settings for timecode?
Because I have this issue plus the sensitive of sound but I asked about it and never had answer.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:50 am
Adion wrote :
Note that the pitch slider responds slower than the actual sound to differentiate between a scratch and a potcg change.

But scratches involve pitch changes all the time and can also involve using the pitch slider on the turntable, if its in vinyl mode it should just track the timecode 1:1 shouldn't it, be it pitch or direction.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:05 am
A Man and His Music

Sorrry about that did not know where to leave my message.

Adion

so how can it get fix to be when i move the pitch on the turntable and the music is playing and i slow down the pitch the music slows down at the same time i slow the pitch down ? in serato its slow down at the same time when i touch the pitch fader on the turntable and go fast or slow it respond instantly can we get this to work with virtual dj i do not want to switch software i want to use vdj but i do tricks and i need the pitch fader to work like in serato.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:07 pm
espepe

I use the serato SL3 soundcard

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will pull out my turntables shortly and test it :)

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:20 pm
Flexinoodle wrote :
Adion wrote :

But scratches involve pitch changes all the time and can also involve using the pitch slider on the turntable, if its in vinyl mode it should just track the timecode 1:1 shouldn't it, be it pitch or direction.

A turntable just sends audio to the software, there's no difference between holding the platter to make it 10% slower or using the pitch slider.
The delay allows vdj to show a stable pitch value corresponding to the pitch setting on the turntable, so that it is not jumping all around (and bpm and waveforms also jumping around) while doing scratches.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 4:12 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
IIRC, that behaviour was just changed after many people complained about BPM jumping.
Now they want it back. Funny...

But I'm with OP. It really should be instant.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:09 pm
Adion wrote :
Flexinoodle wrote :
Adion wrote :

A turntable just sends audio to the software, there's no difference between holding the platter to make it 10% slower or using the pitch slider.
The delay allows vdj to show a stable pitch value corresponding to the pitch setting on the turntable, so that it is not jumping all around (and bpm and waveforms also jumping around) while doing scratches.

I don't have timecode set up at the moment (Away from base) but i don't see how that could even work for scratches, the very nature of scratches is instant pitch tracking (Drags for instance) I suspect i am understanding the issue wrong, is this a recent addition ?

发表时间 Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:32 pm
Only the display needs some time to catch up, the actual pitch should change immediately

发表时间 Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 2:29 am
Adion wrote :
Only the display needs some time to catch up, the actual pitch should change immediately

Its does not it take a second or 2 to slow down or put it faster this is audio only not display i really don't look at the display. If u have turntable try it u will see that the pitch sound is off a second or 2 in a fast motion.

发表时间 Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 6:06 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, after playing around with tc vinyl I have to say, the sound is indeed instant.
Don't let your ears be fooled by your eyes.

My timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend is "no" btw...

发表时间 Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 8:24 am
OK everybody i got it perfect on the software set the pitchrange to 0 its disable the pitchfader on the software and on your turntables set how fast u want. mine has 10 20 50 i have it on 20 and when i move the pitchfader on the turntables it is exactly on point i have to test it on my old tech 1200 because it does not have that pitchrange to change like my EPSILON 1300 I will keep your posted.

发表时间 Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 5:28 pm
63%