快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: I'm getting somewhere.. FINALLY! :o)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am FINALLY getting somewhere with my skin-project!

The last two evenings(/sleepless nights) I've gotten most of the 3D-modeling done and yesterday I did all the XML-files for my skins just to get a break from the polygon-shuffling. :o)
I used my first schematic drawing of the skin as a template when doing this and it actually looks kinda cool in it's raw form.. just squares and rounded rectangles in bright colors and with sections of other elements as sliders/button-graphics :)

It's basically the same model in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960 and 1280x1024 resolution.
I'll just make the browser-section a bit taller for the 1280x1024-version (that's the only one with a 1.25 width/height-ratio instead of 1.333).

All I have to do now is:

(1) finish the (3D-)modeling which will take atleast a couple of days.
I have most of the controls done I just have to do the last buttons and a background-plate with my beat-taps, button/window-holes etc.

(2) do all the renderings in different resolutions which will take an hour or so once I'm satisfied with the 2 models and all their surfaces.

(3) cut'n'paste from the different renderings to make structured bitmap-images that can be used by the skin(s).

Even though it might seem to take forever to make a skin in a 3D-program I highly recommend it if you are already familiar with such programs..
Just drawing the basics with circles and squares in a 2D-drawing and then popping them out into 3D is sooo cool. :)
And if you don't like the result, just change the model your not pleased with, no need to repaint and worry about clipmasks etc...

Anyways.. I hope you guys will see the finished skin within a week.. but I'm also thinking about publishing the work in progress as sort of a tutorial (/teaser :o)

发表时间 Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:18 am
lookin' forward to your skin dude. i wish i had the time to make my own.. i will in a couple of weeks once finals are over :) what prog did you use to design your skin?

also, my 800x600 version of the pioneer cdj-1000 will be done tomorrow. the fonts are nice and big, had to resize some windows.

i know what you mean about the sleepless nights.. i bet it's a heck of a lot more fun tho since you're making a brand new skin. i'm just a modder and resizer for now, but it's still a lot of fun.

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:43 am

It's too damned fun.. that's why I can't get no sleep :)

I have my head full of ideas.. I tweaked a few things this morning when I had a minute or two to spare and I couldn't stop thinking about the layout on the way to work either :)

I've been modeling in Lightwave 3D for some years now and I still feel like a novice since it's a pretty advanced tool so I'm sticking with the first version I started using just to gradually learn it :)

Being a modder isn't that bad either.. your work is highly appreciated from what I've seen.. they're even asking you to speed it up :)

I only wish that the plugin-forum had this many inspired and creative minds.. it seems there are only one or two people left doing plugins at all, the rest are just requesters.

发表时间 Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:00 am
I might as well show you guys what I'm aiming at...

At the moment this in NO way represents the final skin but is more of a work in progress.. see the 0.1 version as a "blueprint" for my real skin, not really useable at all but it's still under construction.

I have a LOT of hard work with the 3D-modeling left so I only have buttons and sliders done at the moment but it'll give you a hint of what's to come..

Check it out at ftp://atomix-skin-project@2tall.no-ip.info

/T2T, a man with a serious hangover at the moment.

发表时间 Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 7:03 pm

Haven't spent a single minute 3D-modeling all weekend,
I just got a few hours of XML'ing and played around with my 2D-drawing as mentioned in the "simple skin.."-thread...
In the process I noticed that making a 640x480 version of the "real" won't be that hard if you accept the fact that the graphics will obviously be a lot rougher than the high-res-versions

I'll get back to the modeling today I think... it's starting to look good but I'm still waiting for some creative ideas for my effect-/play-pause-cue-stop/deck-selection-buttons..

发表时间 Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 9:21 am
I got some new test-renders done yesterday and now you can actually see what I'm getting at..

I still have the interior design of the green screen (text and such), 1200-style pitch-sliders and a few minor details such as the entire surface of the decks left to do and I don't think I'll go with those big ugly deck-selector-pads at the bottom.. I'll remake those two completely during the weekend.

OH, I realised that my "simple skin wanted"-thingie wasn't accessible to anyone until now.. it's found under the ExsPee-rience-folder

This skin WILL rock! :)

发表时间 Fri 03 May 02 @ 10:21 am
I wasn't at home much this weekend and as you can tell by one of my test-renders I was in a slightly intoxicated state most of the time...

AND besides that my friggin PC has gone berserk on me:
explorer.exe causes some kind of error or access violation of just generally crashes or all of the above in 20 second intervals..
I will most likely be forced to reinstall it with a fresh copy of Windows 2000 Proffessional sometime this week 'cause I'm getting frustrated just looking at that damned piece of buggy shite :oP

发表时间 Mon 06 May 02 @ 9:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)