快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Just for your information for those interested in broadcasting licensing, from an email I got from BMI
I had a (ACAP license(cost me 300.00 a year)*** They base on how many plays each year***for years about 3 years. It was specify for broadcasting live on the internet(website). But they limitations some Artist/record label,etc. still don't want to give license for years, so there are still some you can NOT have a licenses, I wanted to add another license from BMI, but when I reached out to them they did not offer that type of licenses at that time (2years ago), But they asked me what platform I was using to broadcast with (LIVE), I told them YouTube, they responded say since I was broadcasting with YouTube, I could use YouTube Licenses , because YouTube has license's with ACAP BMI, but there are still exceptions, like I said before, some Artist/ Record label- some licenses are good in some countries, and some not, But YouTube pays a lot for licenses, and they have the most licenses more any other platform for the internet. BMI offer's different license ---"quote from the email they sent me---Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance"
*** from 2018 email ***I hope this email finds you well today. Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance, licensing is generally handled by the website from which music is made available. For example, Youtube is currently licensed with BMI for public performances of music on their platform and within their embedded players on third-party websites. If YouTube embeds are the only music on your website or you are only uploading videos to your YouTube channel, you are not responsible for licensing with BMI to obtain public performance rights for the video(s).

Here is more from BMI!! quote***However, in order to use music in conjunction with visual images or to use sound recordings, you may need to seek permission from the applicable music publisher(s) and record label(s) for additional rights including synchronization rights and master use rights. For your convenience, publisher contact information for songs in the BMI Repertoire is available on our website via our "Repertoire Search". If you need further assistance in locating complete publisher information, you can contact our Research Department and call our BMI repertoire information hotline at 1-800-800-9313 where you can request information on 3 song titles per call. Please contact the publishers and labels directly for these rights.
here is another cut & paste from my email.

DigitalLicensing <digitallicensing@bmi.com>
Mar 29, 2018, 5:36 PM
to me

Hey Scotty,

发表时间 Tue 05 Jul 22 @ 6:09 pm