快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: NEW UPDATE (v8.5-64 b6503) MESSED UP MY K2 MAPPERS !!!
Hello,

I've updated to latest VDJ version (v8.5-64 b6503) and all my customized mappers for my Xone K2 have become useless. Can you tell me what's wrong?
It seems that now VDJ recognizes all the K2 buttons differently (I've tried using the 'factory default' to notice that all the commands and buttons have changed their names). I hope this is a bug and to be fixed soon enough!

I expect some feedback on this matter, please.
Thanks

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 11:11 am
If you had a custom mapper, it should still be there in the drop down at top right corner in the mapper settings in the software. Did you also have a custom definition file?

As for the default factory mapping see here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/allenheath/k2/setup.html

There was two A&H mixers added recently, but not sure if the K2 definition files changed in that regards.
But will check and ask the guys mapping it ;-)

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 11:19 am
Yes, it seems with this new build (b6503) that they have changed the definitions for the buttons of my K2 (and many of them are simply MISSING).

I've had my custom mapping for years now without any problem.

Now, when I choose to use my custom mapper, the button list read like this:

But when I change to 'factory default' it seems that all commands and buttons have now a different name.

Any solution to this? Even if I had to map all over again, many of the functions and buttons featured on my K2 seems to have been erased from VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 11:30 am
Hello, thanks for your reply.

It is actually a shame you had to change the K2 mappings for good.
I wouldn't mind coming up with a new mapping matching the old definitions with the new, but I've tried that yesterday and it seems that many of the former features / button names / functions are now gone ...

Since I can't currently afford a PRO version (plus I've already spent 99 usd on my K2 license), I'd be happy to send you my custom mappings to see if you can make them work with this new setting... that would be really appreciated.

I'm sending you an email.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope we can sort this out.

发表时间 Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 9:10 am
Hi! I'm having this exact same issue and I was wondering where could I get the old definition file or if this will be sorted out any other way. Thanks in advance!

发表时间 Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 3:48 pm
djdad wrote :
Email me your custom mapping file

This happened to me as well (at a very bad time no less).
I'm confused about what you mean DJDAD by us sending a custom mapping file. Can you make it so the old knobs and such appear? Right now it seems that the knobs are symmetrical with the "outer"/"inner" demoniations, reducing flexibility. By sending you a custom file you can change it back? Or do you mean that you can take an existing file and adapt it to the new setup?

发表时间 Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 9:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@DJ Anarkodandy Sent you an email with instructions

发表时间 Sat 26 Jun 21 @ 4:14 pm
Send me those instructions too please.

The new "upgraded" definitions file only has one name for all sliders/buttons in a row!

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 5:56 pm
After new update my controller is again behaving differently. I'll try following the instructions I was kindly given last time, but will this happen everytime the VDJ software updates?

发表时间 Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 10:06 am
I have this problem too and it's not the first time I have trouble after updating virtual dj.
Like other people mentioned these new definitions have missing buttons making it impossible to redo my mappings. It's the 2nd time I need to cancel a dj set because of virtual dj updates.

I'm a pro user, maybe support can explain me how to downgrade and disable updates ?

发表时间 Sat 26 Feb 22 @ 1:59 pm
Please send me too... I've same problem.😢

发表时间 Thu 31 Mar 22 @ 6:28 pm
Also seeing this issue, when I use a skin in 4-decks mode it only recognizes 1 column at a time and with 2 decks it does this INNER / OUTER thing. Is there any way in VDJ to just do a completely custom MIDI mapping to a generic MIDI controller?

Or if anyone has the XML files for these mappings that one could adjust manually?

发表时间 Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 3:16 am
hello everybody,
Someone can send me the instructions and files !
Regards,

发表时间 Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 2:51 pm
Ok. what email do we send to..... what's the current process... VDJ... I get this was an un expected side effect but wow.... mapping files are very time consuming... and alll my playlists disappeared with the latest release... it's scary how much has changed and I'm glad I'm not a pro... I'd be out of a job... I'm still trying to get stems to work and now unsure if the release has more pros or cons.... may have to go back a release ... Let me see if I can find that installer.

发表时间 Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 4:55 pm