快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Filter group by genre bug
Hello, I have assigned more than one genre to my music in Virtual DJ. Since the last update, the title is only displayed with the first genre when grouping by genre, so of course I miss it in all the other folders. is this a bug or is it on purpose?

As an example, if a title is in the genre Pop and Black, it only appears in the Pop folder, the title is missing in the Black folder

发表时间 Thu 06 May 21 @ 4:40 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
that was depending on genre separator
settings -> options -> Browser : filterFolderSplitGenreBySlash
and leading and trailing space were sometimes taken in consideration

But This effectively stopped to work in automated group action
was splitting correctly to create virtual subfolder and appearing in every genres, now track only appears in first genre
Hip-Hop/Urban
Dance/Electro
Hip-Hop/Rap
Rap/RnB

发表时间 Thu 06 May 21 @ 6:24 pm
MT-Production wrote :
Since the last update, the title is only displayed with the first genre

Probably just a bug after the new Quick Filter was added..
We're checking ;-)

发表时间 Thu 06 May 21 @ 7:13 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
No words any more

发表时间 Fri 07 May 21 @ 12:40 am
You may need to modify script by adding "Range all" to make them appear again

发表时间 Fri 07 May 21 @ 1:24 am
EA b6439 fixes the #1 issue :
track with multiple genre appear in genre, new genre entry created if needed

发表时间 Fri 07 May 21 @ 12:23 pm
AsTheDJ wrote :
No words any more

Is Stem in your image probably has no results (no files with that criteria) in current view.
Hence there is no user 1 to show..

For example say there is nothing matching "NEW" in the below example, there are no genres to show for new files since there doesnt exist any new files

发表时间 Fri 07 May 21 @ 12:35 pm
Yay !
The Genres is working properly in the latest release (today)
Thank you for fixing this so fast

发表时间 Fri 07 May 21 @ 2:22 pm
Before I started a new thread I wanted to see if my problem falls under this category.

In my genre filters-by-group I am seeing dozens of redundant fields (e.g. "70s Pop", "80s Alternative", "Classic Rock), and I suspect it's being caused by files that have multiple genres separated by a forward slash (e.g. "80s Pop/Classic Rock" or "80s Metal/80s Pop"), etc.

In this example, I would want a listing of just "80s Pop", "80s Metal", and "Classic Rock". Instead I'm getting multiple lines of "80s Pop".

I suspect the application is splitting up combined genres and making each part its own group, creating the redundancies, instead of grouping all the individual parts of a combined genre together with an singular genre of the same name. I've attached a screen shot. Again, I think each example of a redundant genre is caused by a different type of combined genre, separated by a slash.

If I'm right, can we classify this as a bug that can get fixed with an upcoming release? Thanks, developers!

Release in use is b6444.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 21 @ 8:14 pm
70s / Pop, perhaps....
If you want to can turn off seeing that as 70s and Pop..
In settings, look for filterfolderSplitGenreBySlash

发表时间 Mon 31 May 21 @ 9:36 pm
Naturally I tried that, and that just ends up grouping each combined genre on its own line in the list. But that's not what I want. I want each individual genre grouped together with a corresponding part of a combined genre that has a forward slash separator :-) I even tried some fancy operation conditions in the filter but to no avail.

Another example. Let's pretend I only have three files in my library, but the genres are
file 1: "New Wave"
file 2: "New Wave/80s Top 40"
file 3: "80s Top 40/New Wave/Hair Metal/Classic Rock"

Current Options filter unchecked for slash would give a genre filter list exactly like above.

Options filter checked for slash would give
New Wave
New Wave
New Wave
80s Top 40
80s Top 40
Hair Metal
Classic Rock

What is desired is a grouping that goes like this:
New Wave
80s Top 40
Hair Metal
Classic Rock

发表时间 Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:16 pm
If it ends up that way, it sounds like a bug.. will test some my end

发表时间 Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:21 pm
Thank you so much! I personally don't like to report bugs unless I really think it might be one.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 6:02 am

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 6:59 am
Did this bug ever get resolved? I had thought I had recently fixed it by changing the slash to a semi-colon in the Genre tags. Same grouping bug as above still exists.

发表时间 Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 6:40 pm