快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: PIONEER XDJ-RX2 Randomly Shuts Off!
This is an ongoing problem.
My $2600 controller randomly shuts off and I need a solution or this 13 year veteran of VirtualDJ will have to switch to Rekordbox.

I have a copy of 2018 software on an old computer that works fine with a few quirks.

I purchased a new computer last summer and installed the most updated version of the software and the controller randomly shut off with no rhyme or reason.

I figured there was a conflict between OBS Studio and Virtual DJ at that time, so I continued to use the old computer and put up with the quirks of the outdated software.

I just bought a state of the art laptop, install the newest version of Virtual DJ (different from the version from last summer) . NO OTHER PROGRAM WAS RUNNING.

The controller shut off.

I am comfortable using virtual DJ and do not want to switch but if I can't get a solution to this, I ALREADY HAVE Rekordbox and just got to learn how to use it.

Sorry I am frustrated and this problem should have been solved long ago and I am still waiting...

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 6:17 am
If it's the controller that "shuts off", what makes you believe that software has anything to do with it ?

Unless the controller doesn't shut off..

Unless you mean the controller disconnects ? Or maybe the program shuts off ? Or maybe the computer shuts off ?

In order for us to be able to help you, we need a better explanation of what's happening and when/how.
So, if the controller shuts off, it's a hardware problem of that given controller and you need to get it serviced.
If the controller disconnects (sound stops and screen may or may not go blank but still the controller has power and it's leds are working e.t.c.) you need to check it's connection with your OS. Some times even a "brand new" USB cable may be broken and cuase issues. Start with that.
If the program (VirtualDJ) shuts off or restarts we need you to tell us how we can reproduce. It's not a common case, nor we have complains from other XDJ-RX2 users. That means that your case is unique and that the possible cause is quite limited to your workflow/files/system

So, please try to give us as much details as possible.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 6:45 am
The controller does not "shut off." The music and video both stop and the controller does not respond (including the sound from the mixer portion) until I restart the controller. This happens randomly and only using later versions of Virtual DJ. (More specific: the version from July 2020 and the latest version)

This does not happen when using Rekordbox, or even just using it as a straight up mixer (which I have done).

Also, like I stated above...it works (with quirks) with 2018 Virtual DJ.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 7:11 am
I do have Rekordbox like I stated, I am just more comfortable with Virtual DJ.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 7:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is this happening when you record/broadcast using OBS as u mentioned, or can happen without ?

Have you optimized your computer - especially prevent USB ports from auto-disable ?
Have u tried different USB port/cable ?

If you lose both sound and control then probably it's a USB brief disconnection. If you enable createMidilog setting from VDJ Options, the generated Log report.txt in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder may capture the disconnection next time it happens.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 8:10 am
I will try that, but why would this happen on two totally different computers? Two different versions of the software. There must be someone else using the XDJ-RX2 who would know?

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 8:59 am
I enabled createMidilog, but as a test....I unplugged the usb cable to see what would happen during use.
- First thing, the mixer of the XDJ-RX2 still functioned....
- Second, the Virtual DJ software continued playing (the sound disconnect tho)
- Third, I did not have to restart the controller, I only had to reload both players.

When my problem occurs, the whole controller freezes, software stops and mixer does not function until i turn the controller off and on again.

ALSO, my issue happens regardless if OBS is running or not.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 12:37 pm
It sounds like the controller is not getting enough power I may be wrong but have you tried a powered usb hub as the hub will power the controller.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 6:57 pm
I connected my Pioneer to my USB 3.2 port and it went 2 and a half weeks without crashing. It finally crashed again but I enabled createMidilog. What is the process of creating a report and who do I send it to?

发表时间 Sat 08 May 21 @ 8:34 am
I have had a think about your problem i don't have the same controller but it sounds like a dry joint or something like that in side the units power supply I may be wrong but if it is still under warranty speak to the store you purchased it from to get it checked out or get a electronics engineer that's all I can suggest.

发表时间 Sun 09 May 21 @ 12:03 am