快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: How do I assign text presets to custom buttons?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

OK so I have a bunch of preset texts that I want to trigger from different custom buttons.

I can toggle the text effect on/off by using video_fx 'text' but how do I tell it to show a specific preset?

I can't find any examples.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 11:12 am
Dont think that part of the effect is available as button or slider.. .

You can easily query any effect and expose whats available by setting a custom button with name query and using the actions below using "text" effect as example:

get_effect_button_count "text"
get_effect_slider_count "text"

- and -

get_effect_button_name "text" 1
get_effect_button_name "text" 2
get_effect_slider_name "text" 1

What you can do (for now) is putting the texts you want to use directly in the custom button (and each custom button can have many "presets" if you use the [ + ] feature next to button name in the button editor, creating a drop down to select...)

effect_string 'text' 2 "Hello World!"

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 12:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would indeed make sense though, will add
effect_string 'text' 3 "presetname"

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 1:02 pm
Thanks Adion. If only Denon DJ responded to things as quickly :-(

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 5:02 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

effect_string 'text' 2 "Hello World!"

Tried that - doesn't do anything. I also tried get_effect_string 'text' 2 "Hello World!" as effect_string is not listed as an option, but that doesn't do anything either.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 5:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Works fine here. You are using text on the decks right? Otherwise you'll have to add "deck master" in the front

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 5:55 pm
OK adding deck master works (I'm using text from the master video fx).

Ideally though the button should turn the effect on and display the text, and turn off when clicked again. I'll work that out.

[edit] finally getting somewhere now. I can make two buttons, each with different text, work - but pressing either one makes both light up.

1) deck master effect_active 'text' & deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "DOGS"

2) deck master effect_active 'text' & deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "CATS"

How do I prevent both lighting when I press one button?

VDJ is great, but sometimes things that should be so simple get really complex.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 6:43 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Just swap the actions

deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "CATS" & effect_active 'text'
deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "DOGS" & effect_active 'text'

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 7:29 pm
Thanks, that's better - but the button still stays lit, regardless of on or off.

Hopefully Adion won't take too long to add the ability to run a text preset, so we have a choice of font, colour, position and so on.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 7:34 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "CATS" && effect_active 'text'
deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "DOGS" && effect_active 'text'

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 7:56 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :
ability to run a text preset, so we have a choice of font, colour, position and so on.

preset has been said it's coming, colour seems reasonable but doesn't exist yet [I think]

position is a very interesting idea; [which expands to anything that has a position box]
how would I do it; 4 dials - top left corner 2 dials, 1 x , 1 y - bottom right corner 2 dials [same again] but I'm imagining the most basic way how existing script works

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 8:30 pm
groovindj wrote :
Thanks, that's better - but the button still stays lit, regardless of on or off.

Just put the part that is on/off first in the script, for simplicity .. . that will display the button as lit only when on

deck master effect_active 'text' & effect_string 'text' 2 "Hello World !"

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 8:40 pm
Nicotux wrote :
&&

Thanks Nicotux, that did it :-)

Looking forward now to maybe having a pad page that can trigger different words/phrases.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 9:02 pm
Thanks Atomix for adding the ability to trigger saved text presets from custom buttons/pads :-)

发表时间 Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 3:07 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)