快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: How to set gain more than 100%

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Grok32Home userMember since 2019
I have a number of songs with low audio that need the gain setting to be more than the control allows. I can do this by using the tag editor to put whatever value I need in the gain field but I would like to do this with an action cue. This works well with an action cue but the action will not set a value higher that 12db. I have tried both "gain 110%" and "gain 14 db" and both only result in 100% gain. Is there a way to do this? Maybe a way to increase the range of the gain control?

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 5:08 pm
Best to use an audio editor to boost the level, or re-rip if they're tracks you've recorded from vinyl.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 5:54 pm
Mostly videos. I can edit the audio levels on videos but I prefer not to re-encode them.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have autoGain on it should be handled by autogain already. If the autogain detection was incorrect, you could further adjust it in the tag editor.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:12 pm
Autogain is off but I have tried it. It works on some songs but not on others.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:24 pm
Here is an example.
First, I understand there is something wrong with the file and that setting the gain this high is not a proper thing to do but it works.

Autogain has set the gain to -11. I adjust the gain control to max but still not enough. Hit autogain again and autogain moves it back to -11. I then edit the gain to 22 with tag editor and everything is ok.

My question is - if I can edit the gain to 22 with the tag editor, can I do the same thing with an action cue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPJDxap1Kg

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 7:02 pm
If you re-encode the videos with handbrake it allows you to set the gain plus or minus up to 20db

I use this all the time .... it's pretty quick and fixes the file forever.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 8:07 pm
Thanks kradcliffe
I do use Handbrake for this but it is my last resort. I do have a good many files like this. It would be quicker just to set the gain.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 9:29 pm
Why do your files have such bad volume? are they ripped from DVD or something?

Generally if you use a pool like Xtendamix then 98% of the files have decent audio levels and quality.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 9:43 pm
I have music dating back over 20 years. Some I recorded, some have been downloaded. Some are even older, recorded on VHS and then later converted to digital. I no longer DJ. These songs are just my personal music collection.

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 11:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)