快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Why buy CDJ3000, if VDJ can do everything?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

//

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 11:40 am
I assume you're asking why DJs in general are still buying CDJs (or Denon SC's for that matter).
The reason is that CDJs, XDJs and all Denon Prime devices are first and foremost Media Players. They don't require a laptop to play music.
Almost all other devices are only Controllers which just tell a computer what buttons were pressed, but you need a software to actually process the audio.
Since laptops aren't perfect and you always have a risk of one breaking down, most DJs especially in the early days of DJ software resorted to media players. With many players getting closer to being computers, and laptops becoming more stable, this reason is fading over time. CDJs can also die, it's just a lot less likely.
One more reasonable argument is that media players are generally easier to understand and handle. The music is processed inside the device, so if you pull out the audio cable, the audio is gone and you can plug it in somewhere else. With software, you need to take care of your DJ computer, install updates, make sure it runs stable, learn about HID / sound setups and it's just a bit more work to get comfortable.

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:04 pm
Anyone using the CDJ with a DJ software uses it as a controller..
So why have a controller I guess the question would be...

To control the software, much like using a joystick to play a game, or a midi keyboard to compose music etc .
Its a human interface between the computer and the DJ :)

But maybe the implied more subliminal meaning of the post was something along "why buy such an expensive controller"..
Dont really need to, to be able to DJ... But depending on budget and needs, some might find it worth it, for looks, durability or function ;-)

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:19 pm
Quote :
why buy such an expensive controller

Because everyone needs a plan B, if the computer fails. You can switch the player from controller mode to stand alone mode and continue playing.

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 8:11 pm
VDJ Monty

The second laptop is several times cheaper to buy.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 6:07 am
user9298534 wrote :
The second laptop is several times cheaper to buy.

Yes, but the stand alone player is on the desk already, you just need to switch the mode. If the crowd is waiting and whistling, you dont have time to remove your first laptop and set up and boot your second laptop. You can switch the mode during a small announcement over the microphone, maybe for the next song wish.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 12:46 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
everyone needs a plan B

I think if you're spending a lot of money on a standalone media player, then that would be your plan A. Using it as just a controller would be plan B.

IMO anyone buying a CDJ-3000 just to use as a controller for DJ software has more money than sense!

I bought a Denon Prime 4 - because I wanted a standalone player that did not need a computer to operate. Being able to use it as a controller is a bonus, but not the main reason for purchase. There are cheaper options for use with a computer.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 2:16 pm
If the Prime 4 is plan A, then you dont have any plan B anymore, if plan A fails.

We are in a Virtual DJ forum, so everyone here has a reason why he wants to use the laptop and not a stand alone player. For my personal reason: I play music video clips.
(VDJ Monty doest not mean VirtualDJ Monty :c)
As long as the Pioneer VDJ-X1 ist the only one stand alone player with video, i will keep with my laptop. I have some audio only gigs, too, but, I dont want buy different players and controllers for different situations. And i also want to work with an expensive high-end-controller/player for my personal hobby and orgasm.

There are different possibilities for plan A and B:
A: stand alone
B: stand alone

A: laptop
B: stand alone

A: stand alone
B: laptop

A: laptop
B: laptop

So (for audio only) the new sc6000 has a lot of benefits, because he has 2 outputs per deck. If you have two decks, then you dont need plan B, if one of them fails. And, together with an laptop, you can also play videos.

So the cheapest combination does not fit to all situations and the best combination does not fit to every wallet (or to every space limited DJ desk). So "every" combination is worth to exist somewhere.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 2:55 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
you dont have any plan B anymore

Do you know what equipment I take to a gig? No.

So how can you possibly what what I do or don't have?

I've been DJing for many decades. I'm well aware of the need to have backups.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 3:11 pm
I don’t needs to know what you take to a gig.

ive just tried to declare (with my limited english language knowledge) that „every“ combination is worth to exist somewhere. At your gig other devices like on my gigs and these are other devices like on a gig of someone else, because everyone has other priorities.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 4:00 pm
OK well I'm just saying that (from a common sense POV) somebody who spends more money on a standalone unit is likely to be using it as such first and foremost, with use as a controller coming second. I'm not saying you're wrong, or that there are no alternatives.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 4:48 pm
Then it's cheaper to have a cdj-100 while you switch the second laptop, cdj3000 is a waste of money.

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 11:08 am
If you search the cheapest - yes.

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 11:21 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you missed 50% of VDJ features... still need to add something like Roland VR-4HD to CDJ3000 to be closest to VDJ basic configuration

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 1:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)