快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: 64-bit version crashes on any right-click in skin...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I recently upgraded to a new laptop with intel i7-10875h(with integrated graphics), and an nvidia RTX 2060 discrete GPU. When running the 64-bit version any right click on anything in the skin causes an immediate crash and restart of VDJ. This does not happen with the 32 bit version. Ideas?

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 9:26 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Fine, I'm not alone anymore ^^ and not Gen 6 CPU only
Latest nVidia and Latest Intel Drivers (tested with previous too)

Can you try same config with old skin ? (it is not affected for me)

It only occurs to me only when skinengine is using Integrated graphic
As a workaround I forced the use of nvidia

some other gpu are not affected with same settings and same drivers

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 10:09 pm
Old 2 deck skin in 64-bit nets same results. Crash. Forcing the app to run solely on either integrated or discrete GPU via OS control does not help on my rig. The only solution I have found is entering the BIOS and completely disabling the integrated GPU, and running only the Nvidia. Integrated only still nets crashing every time. And to be clear this is not a "once in a while" issue, it is literally every time you attempt a right-click.

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 10:24 pm
Nicotux wrote :

It only occurs to me only when skinengine is using Integrated graphic
As a workaround I forced the use of nvidia

some other gpu are not affected with same settings and same drivers

Are you only getting the error in 64 bit as well Nicotux?

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 10:26 pm
Yes only 64bit, only with integrated GPU
rightclick any popup crashes and restarts the skin engine

not only default skin but most recent ones

no problem with 32bit, and no problem with old skins (even with 64 bit)

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 10:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try changing useLowPowerGPU?

发表时间 Tue 13 Oct 20 @ 4:17 am

发表时间 Tue 13 Oct 20 @ 6:01 am
4 days and still no resolution(pun intended) Nicotux, how long have you had your thread posted?

发表时间 Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 9:46 am
No resolution? What about your own fix?

Quote :
The only solution I have found is entering the BIOS and completely disabling the integrated GPU

Is it a problem to use the better graphics chip?

发表时间 Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 9:51 am
It is also good to set at Nvidia driver to start VDJ always with Nvidia GPU. So you can do any other things in the background with the Intel GPU.

发表时间 Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 9:57 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Have you tried downloading the latest driver directly from intel?
I am using the i7-10875H myself here without issues (intel graphics command center reports 1.100.2765.0 as driver version for me)

发表时间 Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:16 am
groovindj wrote :
No resolution? What about your own fix?

Quote :
The only solution I have found is entering the BIOS and completely disabling the integrated GPU

Is it a problem to use the better graphics chip?

Not necessarily, but if I disable the integrated GPU and go discrete only, I take some framerate hits when running multiple monitors for karaoke/shader display. When the system is allowed split the workload up, a framerate drop in one monitor, only affects that monitor. I have since went back to this method as I could find no other solution.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 7:23 pm
I have similar problem on my laptop: while using some function as poi editor or video fx settings, on closing the window the VDJ becomes "not responding" ontask manager, with the only option to hard reboot or set to sleep and resume (this unfreezes VDJ). It happens only vith 32 bits version.
I also solved the issue by disabling the integrated Intel UHD Graphics (in Windows device manager as no settings in my BIOS) and only using the NVIDIA adapter. Hope this can help some one else.

发表时间 Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 7:39 pm
same to me, freezes while manipulating the skins, effects , with no controllers conected, and i had to reebot , or close with the task manager
VDJ 2021 64 , Windows 10 Intel 11th , i5-

Thanks
GK

发表时间 Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 12:54 am
I really believe the developers should improve the overall stability of the software on common hardware expecially for laptops...

发表时间 Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 7:55 pm
No issues this weekend using VDJ , 4 hour ,

GK

发表时间 Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 7:49 pm
salsedine_IT wrote :
I really believe the developers should improve the overall stability of the software on common hardware expecially for laptops...

You are kidding right?
I haven't had a single problem in 10+ years with the software

It's the most stable DJ software there is - but like any other software it can't survive underlying problems in the operating system or drivers, or badly implemented hardware boosters or BIOS problems or bad GPUs or blocking pre-installed bloatware or any of the other horrible none-working parts the laptop vendors put in their laptops these days

发表时间 Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 10:51 pm

发表时间 Wed 20 Jan 21 @ 2:03 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)