快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: History not working....
Hey guys,
I had some issues with my config and have ironed most of them out but this one baffles me. I have searched thru the forums and nothing I try works. On July 3rd, VDJ stopped recording my play history. I have been using a Denon X1600 mixer for awhile running in midi mode that has been fairly decent. But no matter what the faders are set at, a history folder or record for the current date is not being created. The faders work as I want and they control the software just fine. Recording was and still is an issue but I can at least do it.
My history delay time was 45 secs, then I set it to 15 and now it is back to 45. Nothing helps. It appears VDJ has no record of me playing anything. Even the VDJ website in my account doesn't save my sets anymore. They stopped back in June. None of the folder permissions were messed with so they should not have been altered.
Windows 7 Pro
VDJ 2020
Any thoughts would be appreciated and I will keep hammering away and if something changes, I will update.
Thanks,

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 11:32 pm
Well, after copying the folder elsewhere, I blew away the History folder and restarted VDJ. It was recreated but nothing is entered in. At first I thought it was because I was playing music over my network from my NAS. So, I started to play tunes on my C drive. Nope, thanks for playing but nothing.
Then I had the thought of playing without the external mixer. I loaded a couple of songs and let them play for about 50 secs. Still nothing. No file is opened or created in the History folder under lists.
I also noticed that a virtualdj/database.xml file is created on the drive where you play your tunes from. This is rather annoying as when VDJ thinks it can't reach that network drive, it throws a fit.
I could re-install but I don't want to have to enter in my configuration settings again as that is a real PITA.
Any other thoughts?

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 1:58 am
Any chance you set writeHistory to no in settings?

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 9:44 am
Rune,
Thank you for getting back to me. I did check that in my configuration and it is set to yes.
I did a complete re-install of VDJ last night and it worked. I copied the Mappings files and an older Settings.xml file, and it worked again. But when I replaced the latest version of the Settings.xml file, it stopped. So, there is a difference between the July 2nd Settings file and my latest one. Now if I knew what to look for to compare I would be ahead of the game.
Ideas?

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 12:22 pm
Sure the old xml is not set writeHistory to no?
Or did you mean you checked that, and not the settings after you did a reinstall (defaults to yes, for writehistory).

Since its the settings file, thats the first thing that comes to mind at least.
Other than that, it could be that the write history interval was set to some very high number

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 12:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Upload the 2 settings files and post links here to do a comparisson.

Btw do the played tracks get the played overlay icon ?

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 1:28 pm
Hey guys,
I will need to do some checking on these and get back to you.
I do believe the played tracks get the played overlay icon but will double-check.
I will find a place I can upload the two settings files and get you the links.
Thanks and I will be in touch.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 1:49 am
Here is the link to the shared settings files and 2 pics of how they are setup.
Settings2 is how I want things setup but the history doesn't work. Settings1 works but is not how I would like my mixer setup. When settings2 is used, channels 2 and 3 are the active channels on the mixer but if settings1 is used, channels 1 and 2 are used on the mixer. I also for the life of me can't reproduce settings2 so I am glad I have it. No matter how I set the channels up within VDJ, channel 1 on the mixer controls the left deck and channel 2 controls the right deck.
Yes, when settings1 is used, the played icon pops up but I don't think it does with settings2.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18QzQksbMmBY3KZiP-ORNbot9xtt25vsa?usp=sharing

Thanks guys,

发表时间 Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 10:38 pm
From your description it sounds like you're using a custom mapping that changes which faders are controlling which channel. You'd not made this clear in your previous posts.

From that, I would assume VDJ doesn't know a track is playing, so doesn't log it. On a normal channel/deck arrangement, it does.

发表时间 Sat 25 Jul 20 @ 8:34 am
I hadn't gone in to do a custom mapping other than to kill the crossfader on my mixer. I had channel 2 and 3 working from the vdj configuration as the one pic for settings2 shows. That was after doing some real trial and error trying to figure out what was controlling what between my mixer and the sound settings in vdj.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 5:06 pm
Sorry guys as I've been on vacation and my VDJ settings were not in the forefront of my head. I will take a look again soon and may just leave then alone as they are working and I am not a fan of fixing something that ain't broke. I will update again soon.
Regards,

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 2:18 pm
I am using the VMS5.0 for a controller and if I play things from the controller it is not marking them as played and does not record them in history.

发表时间 Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 10:55 pm