快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Question for you master skinners, about multiple XML files in one folder

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

iv'e never made a skin but i know how to edit the xml files pretty good, to make skins how i like them, doing it my self & sometimes using DJ dads Browser Tweaks. with that said my question is some skins have multiple xml files in them (see my photo) and when i try to edit only one xml file it doesn't work right. one skinner told me its because i have to edit all the xml files in that folder. something i don't want to do as i'm not going to use any of those other views. so i want to know can i just delete all the xml files and just edit the one i want ? or will this cause the skin to become unstable & crash ? i have a live gig coming up & don't want VDJ jacking up on me @ the gig LOL
Example: i only want to use (2 deck bottomwave extra big) and delete all the other xml files in that folder and then just concentrate on editing the one xml file

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 1:35 am
Yes you can do that, but just don't try to switch to the other views. It won't crash, but will complain that it can't find the file.

You can create a new zip with just the files you need. You can even modify the menu of you chosen skin, and remove access to the other views.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 7:32 am
thanks groovin DJ :-) for the info

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 7:35 am
By the way, with a skin like this (that uses different XML files for each view) the reason for needing to edit all of them is that if you made a choice about (say) waveform style in one view, you'd expect it to stay when you switched to another view.

If you're never going to switch, it's not an issue.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 7:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)