快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Virtual dj 2021 crashes when I click on settings configuration window
Mjmix83PRO InfinityMember since 2009
My Laptop is a dell xps 15z i5 64bit with 8gb ram
Usually I use rekordboxdj 6 with no problem but now decide to come back to virtualdj after that massive 2021 version but the issue I can't configure nothing and Virtual dj 2021 crashes when I click on settings configuration window. Any suggestion please.
Thanks,

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 2:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what do u mean by "crash" ?
VirtualDJ shuts down and restarts automatically or freezes and u have to force-quit ?

Try to rename the settings.xml file (e.g. to old-settings.xml) from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and try again.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 2:22 pm
posting multiple times is not going to get more answers.
Can you please describe exactly what you mean by "crash" ?

if it indeed crashed meaning it closed and reopened automatically, can you make sure you are connected to the internet when this happens, so we can get the crash report and investigate?

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 2:40 pm
Vdj 2021 shut down and the reopen when I'm. Playing

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:13 pm
when ever am playing music the virtual DJ 2021 closes and reopen again. Sometime it brings a pop up saying that grudge is crush then it closes

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 1:06 am
Hi,
Is VirtualDJ 2021available for macOS High Sierra 13.1.1? As I have tried to download it on several occasions and when trying to install it says that the .pkg file is damaged, furthermore, it asks me to delete the file.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:19 am
From what I can see, MacOS is only up to 10.15.5 - there is no 13.1.1

High Sierra is 10.13

If you look on the VDJ download page, it tells you which MacOS versions are supported.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:50 am
groovindj wrote :
From what I can see, MacOS is only up to 10.15.5 - there is no 13.1.1

High Sierra is 10.13

If you look on the VDJ download page, it tells you which MacOS versions are supported.

Thanks for your help. As it seem I got my version numbers wrong. I've re-checked this and my MacOS is 10.13.6 (17G12034). Is there any reason why the program won't attach?

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 12:12 pm
Virtual DJ 2021 Keeps Shutting Down. I was streaming, and using OBS... I'm on a Macbook Pro Late 2011. It would just quit unexpectedly, and I had to re-start many times during my stream. It would lose all the songs in the Side List and autoplay. When I restarted only the 2 songs I had in the players would remain, and it would start from the point in the song that was playing when it shuts down!

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:03 pm
Mjmix83PRO InfinityMember since 2009
djdad wrote :
what do u mean by "crash" ?
VirtualDJ shuts down and restarts automatically or freezes and u have to force-quit ?

Try to rename the settings.xml file (e.g. to old-settings.xml) from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and try again.

I meant shut down. I am going to download it again and rename the xml file. Thanks

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:00 pm
My Laptop is a dell xps 15z i5 64bit with 8gb ram
Usually I use rekordboxdj 6 with no problem but now decide to come back to virtualdj after that massive 2021 version but the issue I can't configure nothing and Virtual dj 2021 crashes when I click on settings configuration window. Any suggestion please.
Thanks,

DJDad, Did you ever figure this out... I'm having the exact same problem. Thanks

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:18 am
same issue here.

Is there already a solution?

发表时间 Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 6:45 pm
I'm also suddenly getting crashes with the newly downloaded version of VDJ 2021 (v6156) and perhaps the most recent Windows update? Was working fine until 2 days ago. On an Acer laptop with i5 8th Gen CPU, 16GB of RAM and GeForce MX150 GPU. Only config value I changed was to set the math engine from GPU to Automatic, and now even changing it back or turning it off doesn't fix things.

Crashes happen intermittently but within 5 minutes of playing some tracks, and are guaranteed to happen if I go to the Settings - performance menu. Whole laptop locks up and is unresponsive, has to be cold-booted - can't even get into Task Manager. Already tried full re-install, config file deletion, moving to a different internal drive, etc. - Crashes are still happening and it's unusable at this point.

发表时间 Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 9:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

发表时间 Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 6:02 am
This crash does seem specific to the dell xps15z. After clicking on the settings cog there is 'Loading' for a few seconds then the program crashes.

发表时间 Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 1:46 pm
Early access release using your link - gives the same result

发表时间 Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 2:08 pm
I have just loaded vdj2020 successfully - build 5754 - so the problem has been introduced with 2021 version

发表时间 Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 2:38 pm
Please any solution yet coz I'm still having same problem with my HP laptop i3 raw 4gb 64bit. I don't know, my case it pop up debug and close. I have to close it and restart again. It's play like 1hr or so. I did only maping on my keyboard.

发表时间 Sun 23 May 21 @ 1:09 am
JussipPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi, also the same Problem.. open options, VDJ Crash

发表时间 Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 3:53 pm
JussipPRO InfinityMember since 2015
user11107730 wrote :
I have just loaded vdj2020 successfully - build 5754 - so the problem has been introduced with 2021 version

I can say the same - 2020 runs without issues

发表时间 Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 4:01 pm