快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Compact way to trig jingles from smartphone

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

One of my customers asked me if I could assist him. He will have some talks during a wedding. To this talk he wants to trig some sounds to enhance is talk. Preferably he would like to use his smartphone (android) to push a button which will start one of eight samples. He is not technical so it must be easy. 8 pads, one for each sound.
I think I could use a small pc running VDJ somewhere close to the soundsystem, which would recieve the wireless data from his smartphone and start the samples.
I would like any advice how to manage this and what apps is necessary to make this work. Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 7:59 am
Hi,
maybe you could try the remote app/skin then just set your jingles to a sample bank ... and hey presto ;-)
best
ray

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 1:28 pm
Hi Ray thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, that is maybe the easiest solution.

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 1:37 pm
yeah ok, but I missed out the point that it's not so easy to set up as it appears, or, at least that was was my experience way back then.

Maybe it's got easier, but I went with the route of setting up an ad hoc netz with a seperate router, quite quick to set up at a venue etc. cheap and easy.

If you run into problems just give out a shout

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 2:05 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Using his phone, getting the app on his phone, getting it connect isn't always straight forward, familiarising user to how it works and ensuring his phone doesn't go to sleep or user doesn't accidentally close it/call some other remote action, on event day...? No thanks.

Or use this

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 2:08 pm
interesting Loco, but I wouldn't trust the bluetooth connection at a wedding.
and you can pick up a used router for the same money.
@ op
if you can afford an old phone or tablet/ipad you could use the remote a lot at weddings, really practical to have control of your decks in your pocket.

发表时间 Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 3:30 pm
Thanks guys for suggestions.

The thing is that the guy is zero technical and I won't be present myself to help out. He will borrow the equipment so it must be a simple solution.
After all, it might be better if he just try to find an app in his phone and connect it to a small active speaker behind him.

发表时间 Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 8:56 am
I take it the goal is to simply just trigger these 8 or so samples during a speech?
In which case you may be better of to just download VDJ home edition on a tablet style device (not ipad/andriod), think like a small ASUS touchscreen notebook or or surface go device etc

That way you can load the samples in the 8 sample banks and he can literally just tap he screen to kick off the sample.

Device can then be wired or a bluetooth connected to a speaker near him.

Other then that i have used team viewer before over wifi to remotely trigger stuff from my DJ laptop, but i think for this case it may be excessive.

发表时间 Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 1:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)