快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Database issue can't figure out.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
So I've been do some tag clean up (All in VDJ) and notice when I recurse my entire library (24K songs)I have several songs listed twice. They appear to the same file because when I edit them or delete them both files get updated. There is only one physical file on my hard drive.

They only show up on recurse. If I have a filter folder for top plays for instance there is only one there. Can't figure out why.

All Help is appreciated.

Joe

发表时间 Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 2:27 pm
Same thing happened to me but I don't remember if it was on recurse. What I do remember is that it happen on almost all filter folders, even deleting and recreating the same filter folder didn't work (so I guess some how it had to double it on the database)
I even try putting all files on the automix side list, removing doubles, then selecting the ones on the main browser (not the automix) and removing them from the database. After that a created a back up, then move all files from automix in to a virtual folder, shut down VDJ. Open it again then adding all files from the virtual folder to the database, back up again. and guess what... It did not work.

I had to load an old back up, delete all filter folder and start from scratch. Something went wrong on the database.xml.

Funny thing is if you loaded one of the duplicates, after a while it will mark both as already play. And if you select and open on explorer it will show only one file. So corruption must of been on the database.xml.

EDIT: forgot to mention that still, today I have some duplicates but not as bad as before. Before I had even 4 times the same file, even though in reality it was just one mp3.

发表时间 Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 7:48 pm
I have removed the database and started fresh and I still shows the same problem. It is definitely only when I recurse. it doesn't show duplicates in filter folders or in the folder where the physical file is. I deleted all the virtual folders and that didn't help either. Its driving me crazy.

发表时间 Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 5:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you open 2 of those duplicate files with Tag Editor, do both have the same filepath, filename and Size ?

Do you have Playlists (m3u) files inside the folder you recurse ?
If so, try to change the setting show M3UAsFolders to No and try again

发表时间 Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 11:15 pm
They are both the exact same filepath name and size. Even when i click on open in explorer the both open to the same file. I did change the m3uafolders and that didn't work either but something clicked when you said that so....

I moved the files thru VDJ to the desktop which is a different hard drive and removed them from the search DB. I then renamed then by just adding a 1 to the end of the file. I renamed the file but NOT in VDJ. I then added them back to the hard drive with the different name then did the relocate missing file and bam there was only one file. I then put the name back to the orginal way they were and at the original location and they were all fixed. When I did correct the names I did do that in VDJ and all was good.

Not sure what u said djdad but something clicked to try this but thanks for the inspiration.

djchachi Ill be curious to see if this works for you.

发表时间 Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 1:35 am
Sounds like a solution, open to try anything.

Will try once I identify the filters with the still duplicate, which are not that much since I did almost all from scratch back again. But then I notice I still have some duplicate on some filters but didn't pay much attention because it was like a 10% of my library compare to before that it was like a 35%.

I also did exactly that: open the tag editor and check the path and had your same results, also if you play that file after its threshold of paying it would mark both files (duplicate) as played.

The playlist theory, causing the duplicates is a dam good one, didn't think of that, I will also check on that one, specially since I have the option of seen the m3u as folders active.

Thank You guys, I will try all the solutions this week end.

发表时间 Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 11:19 am
Hello
I have this problem too.
I tried the remove duplicates in auto mix, then moved back into the virtual folder crate. Recurse creates the duplicates again, looks like I lost all my cues, too.
This all started when I attempted to migrate music files from internal drive to external HD, and clone to a backup HD. VDJ manual explains, it should be a plug and play, on any VDJ laptop.
Is there a link to correct file structure with different windows drive letters? Currently reanalyzing library, and creating a back up database again.
I’m lost how to set this up. Three Windows laptops, two identical external HDs.

发表时间 Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 2:18 am
Delete 1 virtual folder? See if that gets rid of the dups. It helped me My problem is gone.

发表时间 Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 2:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)