快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Connecting Roland DJ 505 to a Mixer in Club Setup

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I've a gig coming up this weekend and I'll be using my Roland DJ 505 Controller for the first time in a club setup connected to a mixer (Yamaha MG10). I'm confused about what Master OUT option to use between the XLRs and the RCA.
1. Can I connect the Master OUT XLRs from the controller to 2 separate XLR input channels on the Mixer or is this not a recommended configuration?
2. Is the better option for me to connect the RCA Master OUTs from the controller to the RCA inputs on the Mixer?
3. Is it also a supported configuration to go from the XLR outs on the controller to the RCA inputs on the mixer?

Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 8:31 pm
In general it is always best to use XLR to XLR the RCA is for those that don't have the option to go XLR. Furthermore anytime you do not have to add an adapter to go from one connection to another is always good.

发表时间 Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 2:12 pm
It'd be better to go into the RCAs or jacks on channel 5/6, 7/8 or 9/10 as they're stereo channels.

You generally want to avoid using XLR inputs on a PA mixer for inputting line level, as they're usually mic inputs (and mono).

DJ Hi-Tech / Hi Tech Events wrote :
the RCA is for those that don't have the option to go XLR

....or more accurately RCA is for "consumer level" unbalanced equipment, and XLR is balanced.

发表时间 Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 4:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@groovin Not with the Yamaha MG series, the balanced inputs have a -26dB button to work for either mic or line.

RCA = home gamer , XLR = prosumer
Best bet is carry both, as you never know how janky the club rig might be.

发表时间 Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 4:36 pm
Yeah, I did look at a pic online before posting, Loco. :-)

That's why I said "generally". Best not to get into the habit based on one mixer.

发表时间 Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 4:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)