快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Scratch tutorials

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello Don's,
Pls my jog goes too fast and sound too noisy, can someone help me to set mine normal and scratch out great sound.
Pls again can someone teach me scratch(scratch techniques)

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 3:13 pm
There’s a million how to scratch videos on YouTube......

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 4:19 pm
I know but they don't give hard one. Mine after releasing the scratch, it doesn't march well

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 4:49 pm
Make a video of yourself scratching and myself and some other guys here can give you some tips 👌🏾

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 4:50 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
What kind of equipment, controller or mixer are you using? Are you using small jog wheels?

I find scratching on small controllers much more difficult than on full-size platters or turntables. The scratch release isn't that accurate on budget controllers and they're not as responsive as CDJ platters, but some people can make impressive scratches out of under $100 budget controllers. Even the cross fader's on some controllers are more for mixing than scratching even if you adjust the parameters for cutting/scratching.

A while back I found people using VDJ to scratch using just the keyboard and I gave it a try and it was useful and great for learning forward and backward perfect measurements (baby scratch and release). There are videos about this if you need more information, but I remember this mapping.

Scratch:

D (scratch -120ms)
F (cue_stop)
G (scratch +120ms)

Don't forget to try VDJ Scratch DNA also on the pads or from the FX. I use them once in a while on my budget controller or when I use to mix without a controller.

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 6:57 pm
I use Numark mixtrack platinum and I want to scratch like VDJ scratch DNA

发表时间 Sat 17 Aug 19 @ 11:08 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
The Numark's a great controller. I'm using a Hercules InPulse 200. I've only had it for a short while. You can try and be on beat 1 bar or less before the 1, scratch forward, cut the fader to hide the backwards motion, go forward with the fader open and repeat in even steady measures.

Try 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of those baby scratches with auto-sync on play, in vinyl mode and experiment with different cross-fader curves, even full, smooth, cut, and scratch.

I loop an intro 4 or 8 bars or use an instrumental and do drills at different BPMs. Practicing mimicking the DNA scratch patterns for like 30 min or more per day until it starts to gain skill. Try to be even in speed when you go forward each time so it sounds close to perfect with each repetition. Also, try going back and forth with the crossfader open to get comfortable with the timing of the song.

The release part's tricky and takes the right touch to get it close enough to match the beat. I'm still practicing daily with my mini jogs. One other drill's to juggle 4 bars with the jog wheels to get use to landing on beat too (instead of using the hot cues).

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 12:58 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
LoopCut effect can be useful if you want to try break chasing style scratching.

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 1:17 am
Pls help me to set the VALUE of CUT OUT and CUT IN

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 9:42 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
cut in @ 0%, cut out something really high like 95% or something it all depends on how big a loop you are working with and how tight you are when tracking back

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 10:15 am
Thanks locodog
Can I use a name as cue point but not renaming the cue point but it always named when I set that cue

发表时间 Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 4:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)