快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Wireless mics...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I need to update my wireless mic gear.
I want a dual set, good quality, decent sound, and not so extremely sensitive to feedback.
I need to go for a high quality brand like Shure, I am looking at the PG58, with BLX288 reciever.
Any comments?

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 19 @ 2:09 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The PG/BLX is more of their entry level system. If Shure is the brand I would start looking at the SM/GLXD24.
AKG and Sennheiser are also good to look at.

Get something with external or even remote mount antennas. Dual antennas for diversity as well.
Make sure the frequency range is legal in your area. There have been a lot of changes recently in the USA with allowable frequencies. This has made mics that are only a few years old Illegal. My older Shure is subject to cell phone interference due to the radio spectrum it used being moved to cellular..

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 19 @ 8:42 pm
After over 30 years using wireless mics I would highly recommend Sennheiser. You pay a bit more but the quality is outstanding.

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 19 @ 8:44 pm
Thanks for your advice.

I should also point out the use of those mics will be only for talks during wedding cermonies and not for 'DJ' use so to say.
That's why I was looking at the entry point PG58 for simplicity and a cost effective solution that does not cost a fortune if dropped and so on..
As long as it can take 30-40 foot of distance at a decent sound quality level and being of a 'known' good brand would be enough.
I will look at your options, even if I see their price ranges begins at twice the PG58 ones...

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 19 @ 7:42 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I get the cost vs abuse.

It was more about the dual receiving external antennas. The diversity reviving helps to prevent dropouts due to interference and line of site issues.

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 19 @ 11:56 am
Hi
We use KAM KWM 1940 mics - exactly for the cost reason,
We get a decent sound out of them and they've got a good range, and feel quite solid
but they're cheap enough that I can use them for pub karaoke twice a week (and the battery life is quite good)

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 19 @ 1:01 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q-Audio-QWM1940-Twin-Multi-Channel-UHF-Radio-Microphone-Dual-Wireless-Mics/311968934112?epid=2196204854&hash=item48a2cc28e0:g:jEsAAOSwtTJZy7gp:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

The Kam 1940's were replaced by a mk2 version which then transformed into the above.
I use the above branded as Kam along with more expensive Trantec radio microphones. Quality control on the above may not be that good and I had minor problems..a little glue was required and the power supply does not inspire confidence. But..they perform extremely well !

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 3:44 pm
He did say in his post that he wanted a high quality brand like Shure....

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 6:33 pm
If you read the online reviews the Kam 1940's built up a terrific reputation over a large number of years.
Just saying.

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 8:53 pm
Lamba PLC, the company behind KAM, went bust in 2017. Meanwhile Shure are still going strong (since 1925). Just saying.

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 9:10 pm
..I suppose all the parts are made in China?

No Kam drop outs in use and a range I suspect that is in excess of 50m ! That's without line of sight.
The sound quality is prefered by many to a SM58 wired !
I like my SM58's.
It really is a case of what suites your voice.
The Sennheiser (Trantec) freeports are excellent at around £150.

Note no spell checker..whatever.

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 3:36 am
I hate using my phone for posting.

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 3:55 am
Main use of those wireless mics are for wedding cermonies where people want to have a mike to speak in.
Myself ain't a big user of mics actually. I find it very hard to say something useful during a gig.
(Anouncements of missing wallets and cellphones is common though)
So I found out the entry level Shure PG58 with its reciever will be a enough for me, and the price is also totally ok at 190 USD.

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 8:59 am
be careful some of the frequency's were sold to a cell company and will have interference as of January.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 7:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)