快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Adding beat anchors automatically adjusts the grid to the adjacant anchors in BPM Editor

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I think this will be a great time saver if you have an option that when you add a beat anchor in BPM Editor, it will adjust the beat grid to the adjacent anchors so you don't have to stretch/adjust the beat grid to the next anchor every time especially when working with non-electronic music such as 80's and new wave.

发表时间 Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 7:33 pm
OK I'll bump this, as it looks like it was ignored. Basically you're asking for warping (as Ableton Live calls it), where the audio is adjusted to match the grid, not the other way around. Yes, it would be amazing if VDJ did this - and groundbreaking, as no other DJ software does this.

Come on Atomix. You've added Ableton's Link (although apparently unlicensed). The next step is to add warping. :-)

发表时间 Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 11:37 am
Yvan JPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Audio warping in VDJ would be a dream come true.

发表时间 Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 3:19 pm
I'm glad you all guys agree to this :) I mean it is so tedious and time consuming having to manually adjust the grid especially having hundreds of anchors just to keep the beat on the grid and I get a headache after all said is done.

发表时间 Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 6:48 pm
user10684098 wrote :
I'm glad you all guys agree to this :) I mean it is so tedious and time consuming having to manually adjust the grid especially having hundreds of anchors just to keep the beat on the grid and I get a headache after all said is done.

What track would need “hundreds of anchors”??

And it’s really not that tedious, well at least I do t think it is.

发表时间 Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 8:27 pm
I know from experience of warping tracks in Ableton Live that there can be very large numbers of "warp markers" or anchors in a typical track.

At least Live places them automatically, and then "pulls" the audio into time. Compared to that, having to place each one manually in VDJ is like something from the stone age.

发表时间 Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 9:17 pm
He said "HUNDREDS"!!

What track needs "hundreds" of anchors?? I would just like to know the track name so I can try it for myself is all......

发表时间 Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 11:08 pm
Like tracks of the 80's, disco, Old School and other non-electronic music that didn't use a metronome or other beat aids. "Car Wash" by Rose Royce is a great example. There are some electronic dance music that don't stay on the beat grid that I had to put quite a bit of anchors.

But as I posted this suggestion, I was meaning when you place an anchor between two anchors, It would automatically adjust the computer beat grid (CBG) to those neighboring anchors so you don't have to manually adjust the software grid every time you place an anchor in between. I hope this makes sense to you guys.

发表时间 Wed 03 Apr 19 @ 4:50 pm
Huey, I haven't sat here and counted the exact number of markers when I've been warping stuff - but there can be a very large number.

Imagine a track that's 100 BPM and six minutes long. That's a total of six hundred beats (kick drums). If the drummer was not doing a very good job that day, potentially there could be 600 warp markers required to align the kick drums to the correct locations. Usually things are not that bad, so let's assume that a marker is only required at the start of every bar. That's still 150 markers.

发表时间 Wed 03 Apr 19 @ 8:27 pm
I guess that’s where we differ then, I don’t add an anchor on every downbeat because it’s not needed, my opinion anyways.

But if y’all need that many then yes hopefully they’ll add this for you.

发表时间 Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 3:11 pm
I'm talking specifically about the way Ableton Live works (adding markers automatically). I distance myself from the editor in VDJ because (in comparison) it's awful.

发表时间 Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 4:50 pm
Yes please, auto-adjustment of BPM to match a new anchor !

发表时间 Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 9:39 pm
Dj-RFTDPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Yvan J wrote :
Audio warping in VDJ would be a dream come true.

100% agree ..... it will be life saver for new style SYNC Dj's

发表时间 Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 10:01 pm
"Add Anchor" & "Remove Anchor" actions can not be mapped to keyboard touchs or controller pads because VDJScript's verbs are not available (VirtualDJ 8).
So, mouse clicks in BPM editor are the only way to add or remove additionnal anchors.
Can this also be upgraded?

发表时间 Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 10:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)