快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Statistics for users (KPI) / Record what you did or a VDJ script

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
See it like a short unofficial survey:

1) Would you be interested to have some monthly/yearly statistics on the way you do your DJ job with VirtualDJ?
The idea behind it is to know you better as a DJ and another goal could be to improve your learning curve or optimize your dj job activity. Based on that you could take some decisions. It could be displayed as a dashboard with table, pivot table, chart if possible.

For example it could analyse the history files to display:
- total number of distinct played songs
- average number of distinct played songs/length per session/day, grouped by genre/filetype
- number of gain hit per session
- average/min/max length of played songs or bpm
- the average cost of your database (money speaking)
- number of new monthly songs

2) Another approach/idea in terms of learning curve: while recording your audio/video mix, generate a new file that records your actions list with timestamp (so you could align both files). I mean you could have one file for audio and another file to follow what you did. For example, basic steps like:
- move of level fader at 3min23sec
- activate an effect at 2min 32sec
- activate a loop
- move eq fader
- scratch at xx sec
- load a song

It's very similar to the video skin where you show what you do on the screen.

3) Record a scratch or others movement in term of vdj script. Record and play it again. See it like your virtual DJ mirror that can reproduce what you did. Only your actions not the sound. Possible to share it with other users via a record file. It could aslo help to create a vdj script when you are not an expert. Something like when you record a VBA macro in a Excel file or while recording MIDI data from your controller.
Something more advanced: imagine you want to learn how to do a baby scratch, the tool shows you then you try and record then the tool tells you if you are good or not.

What do you think? Do you see an interest or not?

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 11:07 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I like the idea of playing back the recording allowing you to see what you were doing. Like how a livebroadcast screen shows eq’s, effects, etc

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 11:59 pm
i think it would be interesting to see those stats

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 12:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm really curious on how you'd manage number 3 in terms of programming?
It would be awesome if it works reliable.

Number 1 looks interessting too.

And number 2 is something like ME works? If you record your set, just recording the actions while performing and do the actual "recording" and rendering afterwards?

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 12:22 pm
PachN wrote :
I'm really curious on how you'd manage number 3 in terms of programming?
It would be awesome if it works reliable.

It's similar to number 2 but with a higher frequency in terms of data recording. One idea is with a plugin by using GetInfo() and SendCommand() and call them each 100ms. I need to check again the latency of these 2 functions in the SDK.

Something like: x[j] between -1 and 1
Then r[ j] = X[ j] * 2 * Pi to convert in rotation

0ms : scratch x[0]
100ms : scratch x[1]
200ms: scratch x[2]

Then you could draw a curve x[ j] = f(t[ j])
Or you could analyse and convert these data in a pattern for the scratch-DNA plugin

In fact in number 2 you monitor the change of function in vdj script whereas in number 3 you monitor the change of values in the basic way (or functions + values in the advanced way)

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 10:37 pm
An example of VDJ script recording in a CSV file with SDK8 and a timer of 50ms

发表时间 Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 11:01 pm
You can use "macro_record" and "macro_play" as VDJScript to record a scratch pattern and reproduce it.

However "macro_record" only works once per VirtualDJ session and the script is not recorded in a file (as presets) in order to use it later.
It would be interesting to have a "relative mode" too (ie to start the scratch from the current point and not the absolute point recorded in the macro)

发表时间 Sat 11 May 19 @ 6:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I missed this thread first time round
Macro record [last I tried] had some strange quirks that made it practically unusable. When you played back a macro, once it completed, it set itself back in record mode. I had to hack at it to make it even partially work. But you could use it several times a session.
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188989/Old_versions/Marco_record_Macro_play.html
As far as I figured/saw it only recorded the time since recording started and the button/control used, [not the action performed] [ if you called say custom button 1 variation 1 in recording, then outside of recording switched CB1 to variation 2 playback didn't know of the switch] It also knew nothing of the track used, track time, pos, pitch, bpm etc

You could poll faster than 50ms, repeat_starts run at 30 [ish]ms [with a bit of swing] in fact when sbdj taught me about threaded plugins, that ran at 15ms with no real problems.
Interesting project/s though, especially scratch training, if anything comes to mind I'll post.

发表时间 Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:51 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
On retest there's still plenty of weirdness.

发表时间 Sun 12 May 19 @ 1:34 am
fx850PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Isn't it possible to record the things you're doing as a midifile? With a defined Start Point (settings.xml?) this should result in reproducable results (if the audio or video files are available)

It would be very nice to save such an file with every history. Reproducable Sets tadaaaa :)

发表时间 Sat 25 May 19 @ 10:05 am
Aaand maybe this results in another software like Mixmeister that can sold separately. VDJ with recording and player functions. VDJ Sequencer the editor.

发表时间 Sat 25 May 19 @ 10:12 am
Well, considering the fact that Atomix decided even simple timeline editing was not something we'd be interested in, and removed it before VDJ 8 was released, I don't think they'll be adding MIDI data recording a la Mixtape (from the Ableton Bridge project).

发表时间 Sat 25 May 19 @ 10:25 am
Maybe they rethink the choice because of Serato Studio.

I like VDJ but they are not innovative or try to be perfect. All features are only nice not really polished.

发表时间 Mon 27 May 19 @ 3:58 pm
fx850 wrote :
but they are not innovative

To be honest, I'm very surprised by this comment and to understand your point of view, could you explain why you are thinking so?

发表时间 Thu 30 May 19 @ 4:21 pm
As i said, the features are not polished. Like Windows CE 2004 or Symbian before the iphone. Did Atomix look at other software solutions?

DMX Support, yes it is there, but only rudimental. What about the features like RekordBox, to trigger some scenes automaticly. I know, i can do this with each song in the POI Editor, but the POI Editor is complicated and not smooth to handle.

Sample Banks like in Djay (latest iPad) Version. I would pay for some good banks

Better visuals, paid shader. The shader idea is nice, but most of them don´t look very professional. ATM i use external software like Luminant

Other things, like the recording feature. Why there isn´t an option to record every new set automatically? Options > Same File > New File > Delete after x recordings

And the feature to record the things in VDJ, that we are talking about. Atomix is like old microsoft. User "I want to do that" MS "You can do that with x and then this and then that" User "This is to complicated" MS "Be happy that it is there, we don´t have time for your needs"

发表时间 Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 4:29 pm
And i don´t talk about other things, like Cloud Synchronisation (ATM i helped myself with softlinks to onedrive folders, so that i can edit my VDJ settings @home and in the club everything in sync. I try to use VDJ as it fills my needs, but i watch other mothers daughters. The renaming in 7/8/2018 makes no new software, it is time to polish VDJ

发表时间 Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 4:48 pm
Ok so to sum up, it is not innovation as I thought but more design, enhancements for a better user experience, "polish VDJ" as you said?

发表时间 Sun 09 Jun 19 @ 9:05 pm
Yes. Sorry for my english :)

Many features are there, but i think many need fine tuning to really be useful.

发表时间 Mon 10 Jun 19 @ 2:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)