快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

话题: Precision/scale of variables in scripts

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

webiaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

When using the "var_list" verb to show a popup, the listed values always have a max of 3 digits to the right of the decimal point (a.k.a the scale).

In the xml-databases POI's positions are stored (in seconds) with a scale of 6, e.g. cue point 1 at "77.614451".

When using e.g. "set 'cp1' '`cue_pos 1 mseconly`'", this results in a cp1 value of "77614.000" (truncating the last "451")

Is there a way of getting the same (6 digit after decimal point) precision of values as used in the database?
Perhaps by using a different modifier other than "min", "sec", "mseconly"?

Kind regards

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 11:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is there any reason you need the position of a cue point at more than 1 millisecond precision?

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 11:42 am
Yes, to copy cue-points from one song to another.
This only makes sense in a multitrack/stems-like situation, where the length and filesize and type of these tracks are the exactly same.

You'll have one (master)track containing all the cue points and you want the same points on a vocal-track (or drum-track etc.)

There is a workaround, but it involves closing VirtualDJ, reading the xml-database for cue-points and saving the xml with the cue-points copied for the specified tracks.

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 12:48 pm
Instead of copying the cues from one stem-track to another, I'm using the main track as the one for storing all cue points. When jumping between them I can simply tell the other tracks to "goto" that position. Works like a charm.

In my setup a "deck" is no longer a single deck, but rather a group of 5 decks.
So for a traditional 2-deck setup we need 10 decks.
I assigned a controller to control 5 decks at once. It works, even scratching.

With this setup I can actually use stem-tracks:
- deck 1: main (mixed track), muted when deck 2..5 are in use
- deck 2: bass track
- deck 3: synth track
- deck 4: vox track
- deck 5: drum track

(Above setup repeats in my Stem skin, so the second "deck" contains deck 6,7,8,9,10)

I'm not using the NI-Stem format (mp4), but rather the stems are stored as individual files.
And yes, there's a bit of scripting involved in loading the seperate tracks, but the tracks load at the push of a button.

We can actually do one better than the original Stem format...we can add video to them as well!

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 7:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)