快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: .avi video files

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am just back from a race night event. I have done these for years using VDJ with zero issues, ever.

Tonight videos were glitching but the audio was fine. I changed to another PC expecting it to be OK but it was exactly the same. I downloaded and installed the 64 bit version and still the same.

I had no choice but to persevere so I tried extra troubleshooting. I then noticed that all my music videos were fine as well as .mpg and .mp4 race files. The issue was isolated to .avi files.

Just home and tried it again on my home PC and it is the same.

All 3 PC's are very capable of running video and a lot more at the same time if needed. VDJ was the only software running at the time.

Has something changed with the latest update which is causing this issue?

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 1:47 am
I just tried some AVI files here and they play fine. Can you be more specific regarding resolution, bit rate etc?

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 10:49 am
I have been deleting my .avi videos for a few years now. I've been doing video since 2005, and because I can't remember shet, It's hard to tell where I got these videos. I have noticed that they are wavy, if that's a term I can use. They did not look like that when I first got them many years ago. However, over the past several years I have noticed the wavy look or trailing, so I just delete them, because all of my newer stuff is not .avi. I don't know if you are having the same issue, and it may not be financially feasible for you to delete, so good lock.

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 9:43 pm
The only video change recently was to improve the playback of interlaced videos which does work.

You could try an earlier build or convert your .avi files to .mp4 and see if they play any better.

Do they look good in Windows Media Player and just not in VDJ?

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 9:51 pm
avi, ,mov, etc are containers. Each can handle a variety of codecs and pixel formats. Both avi and mov can handle formats similar or same as mp4. You might want to use an avi or mov for some formats that mp4 cannot handle or if you want lossless encoding for whatever reason. Some fine line technical videos are better shown sharp with lossless compression. avi and mov can also handle videos with transparency using png, rgba, etc. which would be lost converting to mp4. So you can't talk about avi as thought it was some specific format. It's a container that can contain a variety. You can't just say geeze I tested avi and it works for me. It's meaningless. You have to know what format the video is encoded as, resolution, etc.. That's easy... You just use media info which I have posted links to before. So giving advice on this kind of thing without knowing anything is ridiculous. Of course it has been mentioned a million times to post an actual video that is causing a problem if you can. That way someone can look at it to see what the problem is. Otherwise, most of the time, a pretty much useless guess. There are a lot of variations in most containers, variations in codecs, variations in mp4, on and on... The extension does not tell you much.

VDJ chokes on png, jpeg, and some other encoded types when they are of high enough resolution and appears when VDJ is getting close to it's max memory. Sort of what do i do now :) Needs better memory management and decoding.

MP4 is quite good and plays pretty much anywhere as long as the YUV 4:2:0 pixel format is used but it's not a replacement for everything. I tested a variety of videos with several players in all kinds of formats. MP4 YUV 4:2:0 played everywhere I tested but you can't say that about any other video format as far as I can tell. I like MP4 YUV 4:4:4 a lot but most players either can't play it or decode it poorly.

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 4:11 pm
We're not all experts on video like you are Don. Just trying to give some friendly help to another forum user.

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 4:36 pm
I don't call myself an expert in anything. Sometimes when I state this stuff it might sound cold but just trying to keep it short. I realize some of this sounds foreign and sure it should. Just some useful info above if you do want to help someone. Mediainfo is a good tool. It is better to have the video but not always possibly to post so posting some useful information using media info is good. Better than someone saying "My video does not play... how come? Nobody knows that so you have to dig into it.

Once mediainfo is installed, you can right click on any file and bring the information about it (mostly for audio and video files).. You don;t really have to understand it... just useful to help determine the problem. Eventually it becomes more familiar.

General
Complete name : F:\Media Files\Movies\SilverSurfer.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/avc1)
File size : 90.0 MiB
Duration : 2 min 9 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 5 843 kb/s
Movie name : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Theatrical Trailer
Performer : 20th Century Fox
Genre : Trailer
Recorded date : 2007
Encoded date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:31:32
Tagged date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:31:32
Cover : Yes
soundswitch_id : {58652843-4FED-49EE-B322-A2FF4862AC33}

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 5 719 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 12.6 Mb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.343
Stream size : 88.0 MiB (98%)
Writing library : x264 core 55 svn-655
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x13 / me=hex / subme=6 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=1 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / bitrate=5719 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Encoded date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:31:32
Tagged date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:32:19

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 124 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 148 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.90 MiB (2%)
Encoded date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:32:18
Tagged date : UTC 2007-05-21 06:32:19

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 5:23 pm
Don Moir wrote :
You can't just say geeze I tested avi and it works for me

....which is why I asked for more specific information. :-P

发表时间 Sat 24 Nov 18 @ 8:31 am
No one knows what is relevant though yet and end user may not understand it anyway and you can see how much info there can be. So a tool like MediaInfo gives a lot of information and is easy but doubt this will go anywhere and useless information will remain the status quo in these forums.

At least 3 posters have suggested to convert to MP4 or delete them and not use avi anymore. No one knows why lol except they are on occasion having problems in VDJ. So the problem never gets fixed and the thing goes on forever in an endless loop.

The best info you can give to help is to ask user to post a problem video or audio file if he can. If some problem with that, then use MediaInfo on the file and post that information here. That way, someone may know already just by looking at the info or can use that to find a video with similar characteristics and reproduce the problem.

发表时间 Sun 25 Nov 18 @ 1:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
jamesv1 wrote :
Tonight videos were glitching but the audio was fine

You can try to turn on|off videoUseDXVA setting from VDJ Settings->OPTIONS and see if it makes any difference

发表时间 Sun 25 Nov 18 @ 1:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)