快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Get BPM from TAG

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi. First time I write here. Hope someone can help me. I'm not a DJ but I use Virtual DJ to analyze the BPM of songs so that I can sort them by tempo. So I load the songs, analyze them, correct the BPM value and save this value to the BPM tag. However, once I close VDJ, open it again, and load one of the songs of which I've analyzed and saved the BPM, VDJ analyzes again and instead of showing the BPM value from the tag, it shows the new analyzed BPM. The problem is that most of the times the analyzed value is half of the real BPM. So here's what I want: I want VDJ to show the BPM value from the TAG if there is one. If not, then not to show any value, so that I know that I have to analyze it manually. Thank you in advance.

发表时间 Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 3:21 pm
Strange name for a 'not a Dj'. My question is, what type of music are you playing for it to be giving half the BPM? This is not normal at all.

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 8:35 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 3:52 pm
if you move your files around outside of VDJ they will get recognized as new again and will scan again simple as that.

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 4:09 pm
Thank you for the answers. How I choose my username in a forum has nothing to do with what I do in real life. The music I am using VDJ for is mainly Cuban (Son Cubano, Cha cha cha, Reggaeton, Timba, etc.). You might not find it normal, but many others out there on the Internet seem to know what I am talking about. I don't think it's a coincidence that VDJ offers the possibility to double the BPM.

Thank you, PhilW. Although doubling the BPM is a quick thing to do for one song, if you have to do it for 1000, it takes quite a while. However, that is not my problem.

wickedmix, I understand what you're saying. I may have moved the folder with the songs I had analyzed and saved with the correct BPM in the tag. I still don't undestand why VDJ does not read the TAG instead of analyzing and setting a new, in this case wrong, BPM.

Anyway, again: I would like to save the BPM of my songs in a TAG and be able to sort them by BPM (in VDJ or any other program you could recommend). Why? Because if you dance to music, sometimes you want/need slower and sometimes faster songs. Sorting by BPM is an easy and fast method to get a quick overview of the songs I might want to choose (use cases: Salsa party, dancing training, dancing lessons, etc.). Clear enough?

Thanks again.

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 11:38 pm
DJ LuckyLucho wrote :
nothing to do with what I do in real life

songs I might want to choose (use cases: Salsa party, dancing training, dancing lessons, etc.)

Ah right, so when you're choosing songs for those events, that's not real life?

发表时间 Sat 24 Nov 18 @ 8:15 am
DJ LuckyLucho wrote :
nothing to do with what I do in real life

songs I might want to choose (use cases: Salsa party, dancing training, dancing lessons, etc.)

Ah right, so when you're choosing songs for those events, that's not real life?

Oh my god... Don't you have anything better to do than arguing? Can you give me advice or not? If not, then please shut up.

发表时间 Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 12:09 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011

发表时间 Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 12:36 am
Thank you, hrdnx. I tried that. Unfortunately that does not work for the BPM. I think there's no option in VDJ for what I want.

发表时间 Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 1:59 pm
Ok, let me explain to you how it works:

1) VirtualDJ will NOT write the BPM it calculates on the tag of the files unless "setTagsauto" option is enabled
2) VirtualDJ will read tag data when it sees a new file ONLY if "getTagsauto" option is enabled
3) VirtualDJ WILL read track's BPM from the tag if such info exists among with the other data.
4) However, VirtualDJ will NOT rely on the BPM it reads. It is "smart" enough to know the origin of the BPM and therefore it WILL scan the track for it's BPM when you load it on a deck or sideview.
5) When VirtualDJ scans a track it stores it's BPM on it's own DATABASE. Also if "setTagsauto" is enabled it will write that value on tag (see Nr1)
6) The database itself is a complex thing and critical for VirtualDJ operation. The "key" for a track that tells VirtualDJ if a track is part of it's database or not, is it's full filepath.
7) If the filepath changes in ANY way outside VirtualDJ, then VirtualDJ won't recognize the track on it's new location (or new filename) as an old track. Instead it will consider it as a new track and it will scan it again.
8) The only reasons that VirtualDJ would "rescan" a file for BPM are:
8.1-> An update on the SCAN engine of the software.
8.2-> VirtualDJ thinks that this is a new track (in other words you moved/renamed the track outside VirtualDJ)
8.3-> VirtualDJ thinks that this is a new track because it's database is READ ONLY or because you don't have enough access rights on the folder the database gets saved (for NTFS drives) and therefore it can't update it when scanning.

So, depending on your settings and your workflow you should now be able to tell what's going wrong and BPM's don't stick.
Please let us know so that we can advise how to solve your issue

发表时间 Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 2:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)