快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

话题: Script retrieving data from videoskin?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello there,
I have created a videoskin in which I am able to show both decks. However, with the press of a custombutton I can only show one of the decks. Since the Skin I wrote is not quite done, it needs some automization. My question is whether it is possible to create a script in virtualDJ that extracts or looks at the text that it shown by the videoskin, and can toggle a custombutton (through a toggle script). For example, if title from deck 1 (as portrayed by the videoskin, thus as decided by the videoskin) equals title from deck 2, then toggle variable X.
Hope you understand what I mean and can help me solve this puzzle.
Kind regards, Paul

发表时间 Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 4:54 pm
Yyy

发表时间 Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 5:13 pm
No, VDJ Script doesn't work like that.
What you're after can be done with a repeat script (in other words an action that you start manually and repeats itself every X ms) but most likely there are other more effective ways to achieve your final goal.
Therefore please let us know what you're after and we may be able to provide you another way to achieve it instead of a repeat script

发表时间 Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 6:50 pm
Hi Phantom, thank you for your response,

Let me give some background information before I go into the details of my wish. I am preparing myself to play at latin parties. The usual routine is to play 2 songs of one genre and then move on to the next genre. I have created a video plugin which shows the song that is currently playing. Since it is desirable to know which (genre) the next song will be, I have programmed the video plugin such that it shows the currently active deck, and the (upcoming) song that is loaded on the other deck. The visibility of this “upcoming section” is toggled on and off with a global variable called ‘future’. Once I use the crossfader to switch deck, the currently playing song information automatically changes into what was the upcoming song before. The problem is that the upcoming song section still displays the same information.

As an example:
- Song A is playing on deck 1 and shown in the “currently playing” section.
- Song B is loaded on deck 2 and shown in the “upcoming track” section.
Crossfader moves from 0 to 100, now:
- Song B is playing on deck 2 and shown in the “currently playing” section.(that’s good)
- Song B is playing on deck 2 and shown in the “upcoming track” section.(that has to be changed)

I can reach my goal in two possible ways.
1. Either the variable future has to be toggled, which sets the visibility of the “upcoming track” section to false.
2. Or the deck which is not active has to be unloaded.
Option 1 would be the most elegant and preferred way. The que for this script to be active would (according to me) be that the text from both “currently playing” and “upcoming track” are similar. However these text are loaded in the xml document from the plugin.

I hope this clarifies what I would like to achieve. I only recently started DJing and am totally not knowledgable in coding or making scripts, so all help is appreciated. If I need to explain additional things, please let me know.

发表时间 Mon 08 Oct 18 @ 2:49 pm

发表时间 Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 2:34 pm
Will you be sharing this videoskin with the community? Obviously take out your logo first!

发表时间 Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 3:02 pm
I can, when it is working. The logo is in the background, which is just a slideshow so sharing it is not a problem. But first I'll have to fix the problem above.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 9:23 am
Hey everyone, is my newer explanation more clear?
I have to DJ in one and a half week so if anyone can help me out, it will be much appreciated.
Kind regards, Pauly P

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 9:36 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think i get it, with the script changing upcomming to current you need to blank the upcomming until something new has been loaded,

I'll give it a poke when at my machine.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 5:31 am
Currently the deck selection is based on the active deck but I think its better to do it in the way as described in the following.
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pIBHn2UROH96x6nj6TQdh8vlkRRz34H8rFeXe_JEu2Y/edit?usp=sharing
This explains it a bit with an attempt to make it more technical... dont know if this would produce the result I want to.

As far as the code itself for testing it, I will post the plugin here. Remember that this is work in progress!
To get it to work, you will need to create a custombutton with the following script 'toggle $future'.
- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fW4a8ZArTgEub8eyHaaS3Y-lxPA9rqOh?usp=sharing

Thanks everyone!

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 7:56 am

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 8:30 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)