快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Is the new Pioneer DDJ-400 controller supported by VirtualDJ? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi guys, I would like to know if the new entry-level controller Pioneer DDJ-400 is supported or is going to be supported by VirtualDJ software...

I know that I will be able to map buttons, sliders, knobs and pads anyway but I will probably not be able to map the LEDs if VirtualDJ doesn't support the console, right?

Let me know, thanks!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 12:25 am
1) Atomix never provide dates for support of controllers. It will be "when it's ready".

2) Any VDJ user can map a controller by writing definition and mapping files. Details in the wiki.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 6:32 am
groovindj wrote :
1) Atomix never provide dates for support of controllers. It will be "when it's ready".

I've seen there is a "Cooming soon" section here on the website anyways...

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

groovindj wrote :
2) Any VDJ user can map a controller by writing definition and mapping files. Details in the wiki.

As I said before, I know but mapping LEDs is a little bit more complicated they may require System Exclusive MIDI Messages.

As you said I've seen that VirtualDJ supports controller definition file some time ago which is great I will try that in case as soon as I get the device... ;)

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 9:58 am
Thanks for the information. Is it foreseeable until when the mapping will be available? So it lulls months or just 4 weeks that's the question behind it.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jul 18 @ 1:08 pm
As stated, VDJ does not give timelines. You're lucking though, because they also stated that it's "coming soon", which means they are working on it, as well as other controllers. Don't worry, when it's done they release it.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jul 18 @ 3:49 pm
I recently purchased the DDJ400 myself and am not a fan of Rekordbox or Serato, my preference if Virtual DJ as I have all my hotcues etc all ready set and I don't want to have to start going through music again to do this in the other software, TBH, I think Virtual DJ is a better software

I should have done abit more research as I wasn't aware the DDJ400 isn't compatible with Virtual DJ but if any one has any indication as to when this will likely be I would appreciate it. if its not anytime soon I may leave the controller back and use my other controller that I can use with Virtual DJ

thanks

发表时间 Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 3:42 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The post directly above yours, djdad states it's in beta and you can help.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 4:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have pushed the mapping files for Pioneer DDJ-400 as a silent patch for the current Early Access (Build 4514)
So in order to have your DDJ-400 working with VirtualDJ, you will need to ..

1. Enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting from VDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab
2. Restart VirtualDJ and wait for the updated Build to be downloaded.
3. Accept the Update
4. Once VDJ is opened, wait for a few seconds and then restart.

If you are on Build 4514 (Early Access), you just need to follow Step 4.

If not working, verify that you have a controllers.dat file in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder. If not repeat the steps above.

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 9:08 am
Hi

I have just done this and Virtual DJ works with the DDJ400, I am so happy now, was going to sell my DDJ400 but think I might hang onto it, is this ok to use in gigs etc?

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 10:42 am
owentreanor wrote :
Hi

I have just done this and Virtual DJ works with the DDJ400, I am so happy now, was going to sell my DDJ400 but think I might hang onto it, is this ok to use in gigs etc?

I would say yes

- The build is still an Early Acces build, but the devs wrote yesterday, that unless a bad bug is found soon, it will be the next public build - so it should be pretty safe

- The mapping is just a mapping. So if it works the first time you push a button, it will also work and do the same the next time you press the button.
So if you find it to be valid for all you are doing when you test it at home, you should be good to go

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 11:07 am
frankinioul wrote :
[quote=frankinioul][quote=djdad]We have pushed the mapping files for Pioneer DDJ-400 as a silent patch for the current Early Access (Build 4514)

3. Accept the Update

If not working, verify that you have a controllers.dat file in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder. If not repeat the steps above.

un grand merci à la personne qui à pris le temp de donner une explication concernent le pioneer dj ddj-400 jais aussi pu suivre les instructions est je suis content d'avoir pu configurer mon controleur dj ddj-400
vais me remettre tout doucement a refaire des set,, d ici peu sortira le dj virtuel pour ddj-400 faudra til l 'installer ou laisser selui qui a été modifier merci encore ,,,francois

je ne c est pas se qu'il ses passer mes lorsque je relie se que jais écrit je voie des mot qui ne veule rien dire allors que je vien de relire mon écriture donc désolé bizard,, bonne soirée à tous

发表时间 Wed 08 Aug 18 @ 9:49 pm
This is an English speaking forum only. Please post in English, or try our French forum located, here, thank you.

发表时间 Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 8:04 am
can any one email me the mappings for the ddj 400 thanks @ email removed

Sorry non license holders are not permitted to post email addresses.

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 18 @ 5:11 am
dj sarfo wrote :
can any one email me the mappings for the ddj 400 thanks @

It's included in the software. So there are no mapping files.
Simply download the latest version and upgrade, and you are good to go

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 18 @ 6:29 am
Is anybody else not getting any master output sound in their headphones? Everything else seems to work as expected but, no matter what I do, I get silence when I turn the cue/master knob to master. When I turn the knob to cue, I hear the cued deck just fine.

发表时间 Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 4:49 am
allstar720 wrote :
Is anybody else not getting any master output sound in their headphones? Everything else seems to work as expected but, no matter what I do, I get silence when I turn the cue/master knob to master. When I turn the knob to cue, I hear the cued deck just fine.

You need to enable the master cue button under the master level knob for it to work.
This is a little strange, but I think it's a hardware thing that Pioneer has recently started adding.
The cue/master knob is also hardware based, so it's actually the unit and not the software that handles it (the heaphones and masster volume on the unit are also hardware based - I believe the rest is midi)

Edit: It's mentioned in the VDJ hardware manual under point 25, but maybe it should also be mentioned under point 22
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj400/controls.html

发表时间 Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 8:50 am
Interesting. You're the man! I should read the manual before running to the forums next time. Thank you for everything you do!!

klausmogensen wrote :
allstar720 wrote :

You need to enable the master cue button under the master level knob for it to work.
This is a little strange, but I think it's a hardware thing that Pioneer has recently started adding.
The cue/master knob is also hardware based, so it's actually the unit and not the software that handles it (the heaphones and masster volume on the unit are also hardware based - I believe the rest is midi)

Edit: It's mentioned in the VDJ hardware manual under point 25, but maybe it should also be mentioned under point 22
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj400/controls.html

发表时间 Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 2:03 pm
[quote=Luigi Piscopo (DJ Gi)]Hi guys, I would like to know if the new entry-level controller Pioneer DDJ-400 is supported or is going to be supported by VirtualDJ software...

I know that I will be able to map buttons, sliders, knobs and pads anyway but I will probably not be able to map the LEDs if VirtualDJ doesn't support the console, right?

Let me know, thanks![/ salut à tous mon controleur dj ddj-400 ne repond plus il me dit avec un usage priver domestique c gratuit meme tout les diminute il repond plus a t il une mise a jour à faire est ou la prendre merci

发表时间 Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 7:48 pm
frankinioul wrote :
if VirtualDJ doesn't support the console

VDJ does support the console, since build 4514 released 31/07/2018 (see earlier messages).

发表时间 Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 8:07 pm
frankinioul wrote :
frankinioul wrote :
[quote=frankinioul][quote=djdad]We have pushed the mapping files for Pioneer DDJ-400 as a silent patch for the current Early Access (Build 4514)

3. Accept the Update

un grand merci à la personne qui à pris le temp de donner une explication concernent le pioneer dj ddj-400 jais aussi pu suivre les instructions est je suis content d'avoir pu configurer mon controleur dj ddj-400
vais me remettre tout doucement a refaire des set,, d ici peu sortira le dj virtuel pour ddj-400 faudra til l 'installer ou laisser selui qui a été modifier merci encore ,,,francois

je ne c est pas se qu'il ses passer mes lorsque je relie se que jais écrit je voie des mot qui ne veule rien dire allors que je vien de relire mon écriture donc désolé bizard,, bonne soirée à tous

bonjour le virtual dj ne fonction plus corectement apret 10 minutes il me demande de acheter le produit,, au debut demandai payer pour dj pro essaye de 30 jour a present meme avec version domestique me demande des comptes merci de me donner une explicationbon dimanche francois

发表时间 Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 1:27 pm
56%