快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Monthly sub and not finding alot of music

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, I have just paid for a monthly sub for the first time but I search for a lot of old 60's music etc and not finding a lot of the old groups. WHY???

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 2:35 pm
Why??? Because it's not there. All pools have licensing agreements. They have what they are licensed to have. For older stuff, you will have to do the research to find a place to get that music. Unfortunately, the big boys have access to all the music in the world, iTunes and Spotify.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 7:02 pm
That's a shame I thought when I read access to thousands of tracks I would have thought it would be a lot more older stuff and not just modern. Also said it would be hard to find a song that's not there (or words to that effect).

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 8:20 pm
most pools supply new music .. nobody has promos for old stuff.

if you want old stuff your best bet is to buy it.

remember there is always ebay and amazon between those 2 I am sure you can find most music.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 8:23 pm
user15891421 wrote :
Hi, I have just paid for a monthly sub for the first time but I search for a lot of old 60's music etc and not finding a lot of the old groups. WHY???

I have The Same Problem Between Amazon ,and Itunes ,Buying them of course Im able to Do just fine , I love VDJ but this new music pool is very Different from the last at one point I cancel my sub, But I really do like VDJ, so I started it back up im loyal,The other guys don't have anything ,I had pulselocker with them,Yeah whatever

发表时间 Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:38 pm
user15891421 wrote :
That's a shame I thought when I read access to thousands of tracks I would have thought it would be a lot more older stuff and not just modern. Also said it would be hard to find a song that's not there (or words to that effect).

A few years ago something definitly changed in the online catalogue , suddenly I couldnt find a lot of songs anymore , while up to then I could find the most obscure songs , so unsubscribed my monthly payment . I contacted support about this but I got no satisfying anwer . I suspect a lot of recordcompany-licenses were withdrawn and they dont want to admit this .Its a real shame that a , in my opinion , good and honest program like virtualdj is brutalized by recordcompanies in this way . They certainly dont deserve this and I hope in the future they regain acces to all the songs they lost .

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 5:40 am
It used to be that some of the sources (i.e. Grooveshark) used by Atomix for their "find any track online" service had questionable legality. Wisely, they dumped that idea and started using a legal service.

Maybe not the best choice when it comes to variety in the library, but anything that encourages people to buy music instead of stealing or renting it is good in my opinion.

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 6:39 am
groovindj wrote :
It used to be that some of the sources (i.e. Grooveshark) used by Atomix for their "find any track online" service had questionable legality. Wisely, they dumped that idea and started using a legal service.

Maybe not the best choice when it comes to variety in the library, but anything that encourages people to buy music instead of stealing or renting it is good in my opinion.

Thanks for the clear answer , atomix could have pointed that out when I asked about it , so I wouldnt have been so angry about it . But I guess clear communication is a main problem for humankind .

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 6:55 am
By legalizing everything , the music-industry loses a lot of sympathy , and remember : money is goodwill , so in the end it will have a negative impact .

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 7:27 am
Hi all, I pay monthly for my virtual DJ and it is due to renew today, as of yet it has not renewed I am very worried as I have a gig tonight and do not have internet access so if it does not renew by the time I have to go out I am unsure what will happen, I take it i will not be able to use my mixer unless I find somewhere with wifi to see if it renews ?

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 10:51 am
Going by previous posts, I believe there is a grace period - it doesn't just fail immediately.

发表时间 Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 11:21 am
citybaseentertainmentsuk wrote :
Hi all, I pay monthly for my virtual DJ and it is due to renew today, as of yet it has not renewed I am very worried as I have a gig tonight and do not have internet access so if it does not renew by the time I have to go out I am unsure what will happen, I take it i will not be able to use my mixer unless I find somewhere with wifi to see if it renews ?

I suggest to remove posts like this , because its plain bullshit . He claims to have payed but got no access to vdj . In my opinion that is not possible . And I see more posts that make no sense at all or are plain unreadable like above . Why are they not removed ?

edit : he might be joking about my remark on clear communication ; in that case : good joke !!!

发表时间 Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 9:36 am
The thing is.........in order for VDJ to check at startup if his license has expired, it needs internet access.

If there is no internet access, then VDJ can't go online, so it can't check his license status, so it can't decide to delete his license or deny him access.

It'll simply default to the state it was last in - so as long as he was logged in when he last used VDJ he'll be fine.

发表时间 Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 9:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)