快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Freezing issues - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My 12s are getting serviced, I don't have a CDJ and I can't use my Serato without my 12s like I can with this program. I Installed and used latest vers. of VDJ yesterday. Had fun with it all day and was trying to get my APC-40 to respond to it before I gave up and went to sleep. I was looking forward to doing some long overdue mixes today. Started the program, it opened as normal but when I click on a song to load, it freezes and that spinning logo appears and will hang there forever if I let it. Tried installing and reinstalling several times. Can anyone help on this matter?

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 8:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 6:47 am
I made sure nvidia and Behringer 404HD driver was the latest. The OS has updated itself, what other updates do I need? Also tried installing vers 7 with the same results: It freezes at the "Reserve your DJ name" dialog box.

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 7:03 pm

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 7:11 pm
Uninstalled it, ran the fix, reinstalled. Freezes at the same dialog box again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...All I wanna do is mix man. Why is that so difficult?

Edited for language

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 7:21 pm
Does anyone in the Virutal DJ community or any admin have a possible clue as to how I can fix this issue?

发表时间 Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 7:35 pm
You need to provide a lot more detail.

First you said that it (Virtual DJ?) was freezing when you clicked on a song. What type of file? Audio? Video? Karaoke? What format is the file? Where is the file (internal drive/external drive)?

.....but then you said it freezes at the "Reserve your DJ name" box. You don't get that box when you click a song, so what's actually happening?

发表时间 Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 7:41 pm
Ok let me go back. I installed the software a few days ago for the first time since my 12s are being serviced. The application worked great (the day it was installed). My only issue at the time was trying to get the APC-40 mapping to work in conjunction with mine. The following day, I tried playing a 320k wav file like the other files I played the day prior as I was learning my way around the application, nothing special. It froze from that point onward and hasn't worked since. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times with no results. Now, as with every new re installation of the application, when I open it, it displays the "Welcome" dialog box it displays the very first time you start it up. I can't enter anything in the dialog box as the program is unresponsive. The cursor icon spins forever, the only way out of it is to Ctrl + Alt + Del. I hope I've been clear on this and thank you for your interest in the matter at the very least.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 2:29 am
Thanks for clarifying. A couple of issues here...

user17594898 wrote :
trying to get the APC-40 mapping to work in conjunction with mine

With your what? Your APC-40 or your mapping?

user17594898 wrote :
I tried playing a 320k wav file

There's no such thing. WAV files are uncompressed and have a bit rate of 1411kbps. A file with a bit rate of 320k is not a WAV (although WAV files can contain compressed audio, it's not common).

Have you tried deleting settings.xml? A wrong setting in there could be causing the problem.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 8:47 am
user17594898 wrote :
Ok let me go back. I installed the software a few days ago for the first time since my 12s are being serviced. The application worked great (the day it was installed). My only issue at the time was trying to get the APC-40 mapping to work in conjunction with mine. The following day, I tried playing a 320k wav file like the other files I played the day prior as I was learning my way around the application, nothing special. It froze from that point onward and hasn't worked since. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times with no results. Now, as with every new re installation of the application, when I open it, it displays the "Welcome" dialog box it displays the very first time you start it up. I can't enter anything in the dialog box as the program is unresponsive. The cursor icon spins forever, the only way out of it is to Ctrl + Alt + Del. I hope I've been clear on this and thank you for your interest in the matter at the very least.

So the simple explanation was. VDJ crashes on load. Can only exit with Ctrl Alt Del. It worked for a few days where I was trying to map an APC-40 and the last thing i did was play a 320k wav file (that don't exist).

Always start a technical issue post with build number and some spec.

You might want to try remove ALL traces of VDJ and reinstall or even a fresh install of your PC. You've done something naughty and it's causing a conflict.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 12:26 pm
Thank you for your reply. I'll work removing all components of it before the next reinstall. On another topic you misunderstood my abbreviation, 320Kbps wav files do exist.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 5:40 pm
user17594898 wrote :
you misunderstood my abbreviation, 320Kbps wav files do exist.

I misunderstood? Please explain. Where did you get 320k WAV files? Did you buy them? From where?

Did you encode them yourself? With what?

BTW I stand by my previous statement. Uncompressed (i.e. standard) WAVs are 1411kbps. Google it if you have doubts.

Here's a screen grab of a legally purchased WAV playing in Winamp. Note the bit rate...

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 6:29 pm
The bit rate for an uncomptessed wav file depends on:

o - number of channels 1 thru at least 8

o - frequency 8k thru at least 192k

o - bit depth 8, 16, 24, 32

the bit rate for a 16 bit, 2 channel, 44100 is at 1411kbps though

adpcm compression offers a 4 to 1 reduction which is something we used a lot in the early years and is pretty good.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 7:30 pm
Ok getting away from the topic here. I'm not here for some argument about 320kbps or wav files. Wav or not the software won't play it anyway. So this argument about specifics is pointless atm. I just want answers for my issue please. That's it.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 2:49 am
So looks like you are saying it happens with any song? You said you were playing all day long at one point. Does it happen without the APC-40?

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 4:48 am
That's exactly right. At this point I can't even get past the point of opening it and yes I've unplugged the APC-40 from my system entirely.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 6:37 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please go to ../Documents/VirtualDJ and rename your settings.xml to something like _settings.xml or backup_settings.xml

Then try to run the programm.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 8:39 am
user17594898 wrote :
the software won't play it anyway

Doesn't that ring any bells with you? If it truly was a WAV then VDJ would have no issue playing it. It's clearly related to your problem.

I notice you didn't answer my question about where the "WAV" came from. If you downloaded it from a dodgy site then who knows what it is.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 5:31 pm
Ok Inspector Clouseau you can stop focusing on my file types now. It works. To answer your question I get them from reputable sites like Traxsource, beatport and the like. The problem was with my soundcard. Let's get off the assuming train shall we. I fixed the issue and it works as designed now. Thank you all for your help.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 6:57 pm
Maybe you'd like to share with the community exactly what the solution was, so that anyone with a similar issue in the future can refer to this thread.

I'd also be interested in what this claimed 320k WAV is (name of the track, and where you bought it) so I can check it out myself.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 7:04 pm
74%