快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: WOW 15 years...Really?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I was thinking back trying to remember when I purchased VDJ. I believe it was 2003 (it may have been a year or two earlier). My first posts (that I can find) were in 2004. Looking back I realize I may have only posted on hear 2 or 3 times with an actual problem, and they were resolved very quickly.

It is a testament to Atomix's development team and support staff, along with the contributions of the members here, that VDJ as a product has been a reliable platform. 2 issues in 15 years of use. That is a great product. People have touted other software for stability, but I maintain that nothing is matches VDJ in terms of stability+reliability+longevity.

Kudo's to everyone who has made VDJ awesome for over a decade and a 1/2.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 1:30 pm
+1

We're telling our age.....

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 3:08 pm
Virtual DJ has been such a solid product through the years.

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 6:10 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djstevieray wrote :
I was thinking back trying to remember when I purchased VDJ. I believe it was 2003 (it may have been a year or two earlier)..

Um....

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 3:46 am
From the beginning:Atomix 1.0 year 2000 ;-)

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 9:09 am
TearEmUp wrote :
djstevieray wrote :
I was thinking back trying to remember when I purchased VDJ. I believe it was 2003 (it may have been a year or two earlier)..

Um....

Um, that is when I registered for the forum. I believe I purchased VDJ a couple years before. I registered because in 2004 I was working with American Audio and they were just starting to produce midi controllers at the time.

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Its been a good ride for sure.

The backside identifies users by license number, it was big in France and Europe before the states.
I know mine is #511 and I have no idea what the count is up to now.

Props to those who believed and had the nerve to jump in back then when we had to force computers to do what they were not designed for especially when video support started. If you didn't spec out a computer, you had to build it yourself, and it wasn't a big box store $499 special.

For those who remember the software wars of disbelievers, the fight was real between the fanboys, OTS users, DJ Power users and PCDJ users.
I remember sharing the news with the big shots at PCDJ, one of which replied that VDJ was "consumer grade software" while in the next months they dropped FX and crashed and burned.
Its good to see who survived and the shameless move by Serato to basically alienate the purists to support controllers and the features VDJ offered first.

Sometimes I wish the features of VDJ, SDJ and MixEmergency could be magically combined.
That would be some kind of blow your mind software considering all the features and effects these days.

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 3:20 pm
Gents, I'm new to Virtual Dj as of today. I just purchased the software but I can't get it to work with my Numark NS7. It wont recognize my controller when I plug it in so I likely need a driver but can't seem to find one. Any advice?

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 3:28 pm
tcscrewdriver wrote :
Any advice?

yes.

Id recommend you , start a new thread about it as you may get the best answer that way. :)

发表时间 Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 1:16 pm
iv been using VDJ since about 2009

i first got it packeged with a small hercules MK11 controller, at the time i was coming from using vinyl and i didnt care much what software i used.
but VDJ has stood with me all this time.
it really is a beast ! the tech support is amazing. seriously i was floored the first time i had someone from VDJ tech support fix my laptop via remote desktop.
the features are amazing, i think its the often understated king of DJ software.
i like how , via the plugins, you are free to use it in new creative ways that extend what you can do as a DJ above and beyond playing music, there is lots of head room for you to build upon your knowledge.
and the sound quality on VDJ8 is really amazing.

发表时间 Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 1:20 pm

发表时间 Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 1:25 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you want to know how fast time passes... look at these kids

Now I'm feeling old :-/

发表时间 Tue 20 Mar 18 @ 10:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)