快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Why the DDJ-1000 and not the DDJ-RZX

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just don't understand how the DDJ-1000 was just introduced and is already on the list to do a full mapper. Not the DDJ-RZX this controller has been out for almost two years and still not even on the list to have a full mapper anytime soon. I just don't get it..........
So is the DDJ-RZX ever going to make the list of controllers to be supported ???????

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 1:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The DDJ-RZX has fully-controllable screens, unlike the DDJ-1000 which screens are more similar to the CDJ's.
Since we don't get any technical information from Pioneer, it is more difficult to figure out how to properly make them work with VDJ.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 7:32 am
As I have already told you via PM, we are actively working on full official support.
We have brought the screens on a working state, but there's still left some work to do.
We are far more anxious than you to release official support with the screens working as we loose potential customers every day that we don't.
However you can't rush things. All controllers don't have the same difficulty in braking their locks, nor the require the same amount of work in order to support them.
DDJ-1000 uses more or less the same protocol as CDJ-2000NXS2 and XDJ-RX2. Therefore it required far less workload and new functions in order to operate. On the other hand RZX uses a protocol that's unique to this unit alone (never seen before on any other unit) and on top of that it doesn't look or behave similar to any other known protocol.
Decoding a protocol that you don't know anything about it is a slow process. It's the same process as going to live in a country that you don't know the native people's language and they don't know yours. You learn one step at the time -with the "hard" way- how to communicate with them.

I understand your frustration, but we are not the twisted ones that have full official support sitting in a drawer trying to decide whether or not we are going to release it, and when.
The moment the unit has it's screens working properly, the next moment we will make it available for the VirtualDJ community and everyone to use it.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 8:52 am
I agree with everything you said 100%. But my point is that this controller has been out for a long time now and me using VDJ now for 10 years I never saw such a delay on a controller this long. If you look back threads about the RZX they have been posted on the forums now for a long time. That's my point that VDJ does such a great job on making mapper available ASAP but this has been given a back seat. That's my point.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 3:29 pm
Or from the other side you bought a controller locked to Rekordbox without considering there may be a delay.

As George says, this is a whole new protocol and without the information from Pioneer it is difficult to unlock and map the screens.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 3:33 pm
I understood that going in. But a good source from virtual no mames mentioned told me that there's a beta version out and I would love to give it a try.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 9:11 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

发表时间 Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 8:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I own a DDJ-RZX and have been working on this with PhantomDeejay who also has one.

Rest assured that full support is coming, including skinnable screens and touch support.

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 12:05 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :
I own a DDJ-RZX and have been working on this with PhantomDeejay who also has one.

Rest assured that full support is coming, including skinnable screens and touch support.

So why aren't you guys using Rekordbox? :D

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 2:19 pm
Exactly my question. According to my long bearded latte drinking Pioneer and Apple loving hipster colleagues out there it's obviously the way forward.

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 4:09 pm
I can answer that. I've tried to use rekordbox now ever since the RZX controller came out. I've spent many hours on adding to collection, analyzing files and beta testing at home. It never works a solid as VIRTUAL DJ. So again I'll answer for them. Rekordbox will never be as solid and user friendly as VIRTUAL DJ........
That's why I can't wait for the mapper to come out because the RZX is an unbelievable controller...........

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 4:16 pm

They're developing at a fast rate though, and the synergy between their controllers and RB will always be second to none.

I'm going to give the latest version another test (when my DDJ-1000 arrives), if the sound engine is better than VDJs and it's stable enough, I'll probably start using it out.

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 5:46 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Exactly my question. According to my long bearded latte drinking Pioneer and Apple loving hipster colleagues out there it's obviously the way forward.

I've heard a few DJs put it this way...."using Pioneer controller X with VDJ is like buying a Ferrari and putting a Ford Focus in it" - I'm not sure what logic they applied to come to this conclusion though.

发表时间 Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 5:48 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

You can't trust them, because they will follow whatever the next trend that comes out. That's where the term "followers" comes from. Remember the mullet?

As for the RZX, I wanted that controller. I don't need it, just wanted it. Now that I have had time to think about it, the desire has faded. So Pioneer may not get my money after all for this controller. The real deal is none of us actually needs a new controller, we just like the shiny new stuff. I get it. As for Rekordbox, if you like it use it.

发表时间 Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 8:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)