快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: NUMARK NS7 mapping/ virtual dj support ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

Does anyone know if or when the Numark NS7 3 will be supported in virtual dj ?

Thanks

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 2:25 pm

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 2:34 pm
I read online that serato locked it to serato software with a firmware update ??? Am trying to find out if there was a workaround ??? Thanks

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 2:41 pm
DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
I read online that serato locked it to serato software with a firmware update ??? Am trying to find out if there was a workaround ??? Thanks

It's not Seratos controller. So they don't make the firmware for it, and can't lock anything

Numark (who make the controller) did make a new firmware at one point back in 2016 that broke the screens in VDJ, but it was fixed within a couple of weeks, as djdad (who is responsible for it) posted:

In other words: It should be supported in VDJ without any workarounds needed

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 2:54 pm
legend :o) Thanks for your help

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 3:11 pm

发表时间 Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 3:17 pm
Thanks, I had a look, I dont think I will use slip mode, I am just interested in moving the platter like you would a vinyl record, nudging forward, slowing it with my finger and spinbacks and beatmixing by ear :)

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 4:10 am
DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
Thanks, I had a look, I dont think I will use slip mode, I am just interested in moving the platter like you would a vinyl record, nudging forward, slowing it with my finger and spinbacks and beatmixing by ear :)

Makes sense. That's why i bought a used NS7 (the first one) even though it's old without pads or even an effect section. It was simply to train myself on spinning platters :-)

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 5:35 am
Good man, can't beat the feel of vinyl, I have numark ntx1000 turntables and use real vinyl but have given up with DVS, its unusable bercause of BPM fluctuations, really bad like 6-8 BPM up and down every second, useless.

I have a mixtrack 3 but it has really sensitive jogs and I cant deal with it anymore, so I want to get an ns7 2/3 to use as a vinyl replication system and be able to buy literally hundreds of tunes a month as opposed to 20 records or so at a high price.

I mix with vinyl to learn the real way and have like 100 records, shame dvs is so bad :o(

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 8:23 pm
The NS7 3 works flawlessly with vdj 8. The slip function however is the only issue, as it doesn't work with the motorized platters. It might work with serato, but I find serato unintuitive when it comes to my needs. I personally remapped the slip button to be the record off and on. If you want to be able to closely emulate the slip function found on the mixtrack 3 simply remap an unused button to clone the other deck. However long story short without slip you will be able to obtain a much more authentic sound if your going at it as a replacement to vinyl. I'd recommend numark all day

发表时间 Sat 28 Apr 18 @ 12:59 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have an NS7III and it works fine, now that Atomix found a work around for the screens (a while ago). Pretty happy at the moment, but not buying Numark anything ever again with the garbage they did pull with this unit. They did offer a firmware update for the screens that locked them down for other software like VDJ (again, this is fixed now by Atomix). Numark also did not disclose that in the release notes which I read before loading the update. Numark just talked about what the update added to the screens. Eliminating my ability to make an educated decision.

Numark basically did not care and said "we don't support VDJ" and there is no way back. They also would not offer a repair because they were forcing the new firmware on all new screens and repairs. Numark is a total garbage company that I highly recommend anyone reconsider giving them any money. I only kept mine because I was past my return date at the store and I did not have the funds to replace it. I also thought I could help here and test any fixes to be part of a solution instead of selling it used.

Their option for me of Serato Video was just a poor option. Serato Video itself has poor video playback performance without installing 3rd party video codecs. Video playback is plagued with serious issues like screen tearing, stutter, green bars... The quality of playback is unfit for a professional. I know that because I own that too. No idea why that is not more commonly acknowledged, like it is on Serato's own forums. Serato Video is also ridiculously unsupported (fixes are slow to none) by Serato and inflexible with add on video functionality. If you do video like I do, VDJ is your only option. DJing is more about your audience, entertainment value and less about what gear and software that "real DJs" say you should use. This popularity contest of gear and software that works hard to eliminate competition is flat out the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I choose not to support companies that do this and you all should too. Companies like Numark and Serato need to be exposed for their choices and deserve to go bankrupt for holding your gear hostage from you being able to do what you want with it.

Just another reason to use and support VDJ. Sorry for the rant. Sensitive subject with me. Have a read: http://community.numark.com/numark/topics/ns7-iii-dashboard-firmware-1-5-locks-down-the-screens-so-they-only-work-with-serato

Edited the political content, we can't have that discussion here. AMAHM

发表时间 Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 4:04 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Apologies, thought I toned it down enough.

发表时间 Mon 30 Apr 18 @ 12:56 am
Don't worry about it, just trying to keep the forum from catching on fire. The only way to get these companies to take us seriously, is to stop buying their equipment as soon as it comes out. The real deal is they have a contract with Serato, it's a business deal. I remember when they only dealt with VirtualDJ. I don't know what happened, but for what ever reason they went with Serato. Now they have covered their asses because they know that our members will buy their controllers, because VDJ staff work hard to support the controllers. I personally will not buy a controller until VDJ supports it, and have only bought 2 Pioneer controllers. Stop buying their controllers, and make them come to the table.

发表时间 Mon 30 Apr 18 @ 1:58 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)