快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Experiencing BMP Fluctuations in Timecode, please help advise optimum settings, is there a pitch sensitivity value like VDJ 7 ? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Please can someone help with my settings in Virtual dj 8 ( newest build ) can't finf picth sensitivity settings for timecode, how do I set it for optimum performance ?? I have tested the decks and had one track play a constant 85.05 bpm for almost a whole track, fluctuated during a break a little then went to a stable speed of 85.05 again, but most tracks are constantly fluctuating when mixing, as much as a bpm or 2 which is enough to train wreck a mix, am using concorde dj s needles, vdj 8 latest build, smart mode on timecode, not using the sync at all, have asus dual core I5 with 6gb ram and SSD harddrive, 2 x Numark NTX1000 pro turntables and a akai amx mixer , thanks

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 18 @ 3:06 pm

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 18 @ 7:07 pm
Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, I know how to set it up, I just need to know how to tweak it to stop the fluctuations , thannks

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 18 @ 8:45 pm

When I connect my vinyl turntables to my phono/line inputs, I keep getting a low signal sound regardless how much I adjust my gain. What should I do?

It is recommend that users connect the AMX to the USB port closest to their power supply. This USB port will draw the most power to their AMX controller. Since the AMX controller doesn't have a power supply, it only draws power from the USB port.

Can you try a usb hub or in the worst case another audio interface?
I used to have the same problem with my maya44, & that was also becouse the lvl's where too low.

发表时间 Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 9:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You already have this topic, there is no need to open multiple topics for the same issue, as per forum rules.

Check the timecode tab on the options window and use calibrate there.
Look at the signal there to see if the signal is entering your computer clean. If not you may have to adjust gain, or check for cables or ground loop issues.

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 10:56 am
Make sure your tone arms are set up properly. If you have too much or too little weight on them, it can cause fluctuations. Also make sure your anti-skate is set to zero.

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 2:06 pm
Thanks, I will try the anti skate at zero, I am unsure how to set the weight really, I will play around with it, thanks guys

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 10:46 pm

发表时间 Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 12:46 am
Thanks, much appreciated, I have done all that has been advised and am still getting fluctuations, maybe its because I am using serato performance control vinyl ?

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 12:28 am
That’s just how VDJ is, I’ve learned to deal with it over the years.

Maybe they can implement something like SDJ did??

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 2:01 am
I never get fluctuations when I use my TT's. Everything is spot on.

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 1:03 pm
Fluctuations here to:

Brand new out of the box VDJ8 TimeCodes (White)
=================================>
VDJ 8.2
TT's - SL1200
New Pitch on both TT's & adjusted to specs.
SL2 Box
Latency at 8ms
Pitch Quality at 0
timecodeAntiSkip - 3
timecodeNeedleDropSync - NO
timecodePitchSliderIgnorBend - NO
timecodeSilence - 0.180000

=================================>
It only happens when the pitch is at +2, +3 & +4 on both TTs with Both VDJ8 TimeCodes.

It doesn't happen with Serato V2 Time Codes. I tested 4 Serato V2 Time Codes on both TT's and pitch was steady from -8 to +8.

You know what they say, if is not on video, it never happen.

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 4:54 pm
Only odd thing I noticed is that both circles are not the same size.
Maybe check the connection of the needle.

It is strange that it's happening with vdj records but not serato records.
Could you make a recording of the timecode directly and post that?

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 5:19 pm
@Adion

What you mean, like ripping the vinyl to MP3? If that's what you mean I'll do recording at 0 pitch and at +2 where the problem shows up.

Will check connections as you suggest.

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 5:26 pm
yes, just 30 seconds or so around the position where you get the fluctuations would be fine

发表时间 Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 5:50 pm
Give me a day or two and thank you for helping out.

发表时间 Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 10:50 am

发表时间 Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 12:59 pm
visionz5 wrote :
I never get fluctuations when I use my TT's. Everything is spot on.

I don't believe you but if you say its working for you great. I for one have never not had fluctuations when using VDJ starting from ver.5 and it was the same on my 1200's, PLX's and my Relook 8000's.

I find myself riding the pitch most of the night when using VDJ but with SDJ its pretty much spot on.......

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 18 @ 4:57 am
So, I spoke too soon by saying I never had issues. Over the weekend, this started giving me fluctuations and not a steady BPM every time I adjusted the pitch on the TT. Didnt matter if I used VDJ's TC or Serato's. When I switched to SDJ, no problems and steady BPM's, so this is definitely a VDJ issue.

Tried it on 2 different set ups:

- Tech 1200's with a Z2 mixer
- Stanton ST150 with an S9 mixer

Pitch Control set at -2.

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 12:44 pm
Are you hearing these fluctuations (as in they're affecting the audio, giving a warped record sound) or just seeing them on the VDJ skin as in the video above?

The audio in the example above sounded fine to me, and it was mentioned in another thread about fluctuations that Serato round off their timecode display to make it look smooth, whereas presumably VDJ doesn't.

发表时间 Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 4:51 pm
77%