快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Any mobile DJs out there who can help with dj lighting

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So right now I only have a kinta FX light by chauvet and I'm looking to expand my lights because I have a pretty big gig coming for a birthday party lately I've been renting a giga bar from another DJ but I want to invest in my own lights I was thinking of purchasing another kinta and getting a mobile Truss what I want to know is what are some good lights that can go on the trust alongside my kinta FXs I'm going to get a couple of par lights already but that will go in the back of my setup and under my booth would the two Quintas look good under my 2 speakers? I need some thoughts and inputs please anything would help thank you

发表时间 Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 10:32 pm
Ultra difficult question to answer.....
First is budget
Second is what you want to portray....
Third, are you looking for modern LED or cheaper 'old school' lights.....expense v. cheap....

Do you want to follow the music or fill the room with light?

Some feel that lighting the dance floor is enough, personally I like to light the room/venue as you would see at a concert...

So many options and only a little info, you need to tell us what your ambition is.....

发表时间 Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 11:50 pm
Ok I guess to light the dance floor would two kinta fx be enogh, and would the look good under the speakers, also i want to get the pars to light up the walls behind me or the booth...i wanted a truss but i was unsure if its necessary if i have the two kinta under my speakers or if i should put the. On the truss along side other lights, i would like for them to move to the music aswell

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 1:16 am
For mobile gigs I am really loving my Chauvet gigbar. I would say for room that can fit up to 300 to 400 people. The Chauvet 4play works really well with the gigbar.

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 7:14 am
My advice would be not to put any kind of lights UNDER the speakers.

Ideally the speakers need to be high enough so the tweeters are above head height, so say the tops of your speakers are at 7ft. With an average full range cab, the bottom of the speaker will be at chest or shoulder height. Therefore any light you place underneath (assuming you're attaching it to a tripod) will be shining into people's stomachs. :-)

Both your speakers and your lights need to be high enough not to be blocked by people standing in front of them. Some DJs put lights on the floor for goodness sake!

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 6:16 pm
I dont have the giga bar I have 2 chauvet kinta fx, and i want to put then up on a truss along with another what would go good with my kintas is my questiin

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 7:29 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I might be going off topic..but have you got any lasers?
They are important, and always improve a light show.

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 11:36 pm
I love a good laser show, trouble is most venues don't want you to use smoke or haze , which is a great shame. And the really good lasers can be a bit of a health and safety nightmare, I have a pair of equinox Polaris, I have not actually be pulled up on there setup, but if mr h&s jobsworth was to check on me I dought there would be many venues that I could meet all the requirements.

Plenty of cheap lower power ones out there that still offer a lot of sparkle for the money.

I think for mobile work, there is plenty of modern, compact, reasonably priced LED lights out there

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 2:20 pm
bigron1 wrote :
I might be going off topic..but have you got any lasers?
They are important, and always improve a light show.

Ok...
I guess I should get more into this stuff
I have 7 different lasers sitting on a shelf
I very rarely use them

I normally just go with something that moves with a single beam (like moving heads), something that blinks and have lots of beams (like derbys), and something that wash the room with lights (like par lights).
And then they need to look good on auto mode or sound active mode, in master/slave setup, so I can just turn them on and forget about them for the major part of the event

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 2:28 pm
OldufferPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I have on my 5 ft truss 2 eliminator electro-swarms placed 1 on each end, 1 adj stinger( I don't use the strobe on it) in the center, 2 moving heads, and 2 chauvet corepar 80s. Since I do primarily weddings, I only use the corepars during the special dances to wash the dance floor. ( the brides really like it when I ask them what color lights they would like to dance to) Once the open dance starts, I fire them all up, get lots of compliments. I love the corepars, very bright when at full power, clean colors, and the remote works great. But, you can ask 100 different DJs, and get different answers for all. I may get some flak for this, but for the moving heads, I tried a pair of the 60 watt movers from china (wonsung) and so far, those work great, at a much less cost than the name brands. Bottom line, go with what you like and can afford! Good luck.

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 11:16 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Lasers don't replace other forms of lighting..but they do improve a light show.
I use use a pair of Equinox Atria Reloaded projected onto flat surfaces such as the ceiling, walls, and floor. I'm interested in the patterns they create on these surfaces and do not use a smoke machine. I tend to use LED's on the dance floor, and a combination of LED's plus lasers higher.

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 2:58 pm
Back to the OP's original question. Take a look at this. This is an updated version of the 4 Bar Flex that I have. This will work at all gigs, and you can put your 2 Kintas on top of the bar (that's what I do). I also put 2 of these, on top. They were selling these for $99.00 last week. I have two 4 Bar Flex, when I need more light. This is a simple and inexpensive way to add to what you already have, and will work at small or large functions. You can also look at this, but it comes with a tripod, and it does not have the pass through hole. I did not need another tripod.

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 7:45 am

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 8:40 pm
I am pretty happy with my Cameo Multi FX Bar. LEDs got more power than other products of this art. Had a big outsided gig and the lights were great...

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 9:13 pm
KleinerEisbaer666 wrote :
I am pretty happy with my Cameo Multi FX Bar. LEDs got more power than other products of this art. Had a big outsided gig and the lights were great...

Hahaa!! That’s just a Gigbar 2.0 rebranded, lol!!

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 2:28 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Soundswitch is the bomb, saw that life in DJ Times this year.

If you are going into this for the long run, DMX control is the way to go.
Winkie blinkie sound active lighting gets boring after an hour.
Having a sound active DMX light show will wow your crowd.

On a truss I'd have some UV, some color changers, and a couple moving heads or scans, they don't have to be expensive ones.
LED is the way to go, they are super bright, light and don't consume power like conventional lighting does.
Lasers don't need fog, they work just as well on the walls and ceiling and cheap works unless you are doing a festival.
You are painting the room, you want some light on the floor, some on the walls and some on the ceiling.

Computer interfaces can be ridiculous in cost when using certain programs like Martin.
Hit the Freestyler DMX forum and read up.
There are loads of lighting guys from big to small that can point you in the right direction.
Another big plus is that as a dj your focus is on the music, so running a light show can be difficult.
Scenes can be created for fast and slow dances and triggered with SBDJ's Freestyler plug in where the sound is sent
directly to the lighting to fire scenes or strings of scenes so your look is never the same.
You can have both running on one machine and just tab between interfaces when you want to select a different scene or string of scenes.

发表时间 Sun 10 Dec 17 @ 12:07 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)