快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: FX list bug or not ? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LDJMaxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,
I try do make a midi controller, I want an encoder to browse the list of FX but I can cycle in the list clockwise (1,2,3,1,2,3...), but counterclockwise I can't (1,2,3,2,1 stop). I would like to have 1,2,3,1,2,3... clockwise and 3,2,1,3,2,1.... counterclockwise is this a bug or it is volontary like this ?

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 3:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
script used?

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 5:36 am
not in front of my computer but as I remember is something like fx_select +1 and fx-select-1
thanks

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 7:53 am
try

param_smaller -1 ? fx_select -1 : fx_select +1

Also not sure but I think just

fx_select
May work

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 2:57 pm
tried param smaller... KO
effect_select seems to work but selection is unreliable (skip some effects)
effect_select+1 is OK, effect_select-1 is OK from bottom to top but stop at the first top effect.
!!! it's OK on the slot but if you press the triangle to open the effect list here is the problem !!!
hope you understand

发表时间 Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 7:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What controller is that (brand/model) ?

If its a custom one (you made it your self), ...
- how have you defined that or are you using that as Simple Midi (without definition) ?
- What kind of MIDI notes does it send when turned clockwise/anticlockwised

For an endless encoder (not one that starts from 0x00 and ends at 0x7F), the effect_select action should indeed work (without parameters), but will wait for your answers to the above questions before asking you to try others.

发表时间 Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 7:28 pm
did some quick test with a pioneer Ddj RB :
remaped the browser_scroll encoder with effect_select+1 is OK with effect_select-1 start at bottom of the list go to the top and then loop on the four top effect on the list...
remaped 2 buttons on the same controller : results are the same....
my controller is a midibox on breadboard(!) trying to understand the system for now, will talk about this tomorrow .For now going to bed with a (midi) headache...

发表时间 Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 8:13 pm
let's talk about my controller :
a MIDIbox base controller (a really basic one with some buttons LEDs encoders on a breadboard just for test and learning for now)

controller side in DEFAULT.NGC ( for those who knows MIOS Studio)
#encoder
EVENT_ENC id=1 bank=1 type=CC cc=50 chn=1 range=0:127 enc_mode=Inc41_Dec3F if_equal=0x41
EVENT_ENC id=1 bank=1 type=CC cc=51 chn=1 range=0:127 enc_mode=Inc41_Dec3F if_equal=0x3F
ENC n=1 sr=2 pins=0:1 type=Detented5

definition file in virtualdj/DEVICES :
<encoder cc="50" name="deck 1 slot1 effect_select+1" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<encoder cc="51" name="deck 1 slot1 effect_select-1" deck="1" channel="0"/>

mapper :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="midibox" version="802" date="2017-08-28">
<map value="deck 1 slot1 effect_select-1" action="effect_select -1" />
<map value="deck 1 slot1 effect_select+1" action="effect_select +1" />
</mapper>

mapping in virtualDj :
deck 1 slot1 effect_select+1 effect_select +1
deck 1 slot1 effect_select -1 effect_select -1

the encoder seems to be OK in virtualDj because i've mapped different actions for test :
level +1 and -1 ok
browser_scroll +1 and -1 ok (only top to bottom and bottom to top but scroll line by line like intented don't know if we can browse top bottom top bottom or bottom top bottom top indefinitely)
song_pos +1 and -1 ok
loop_adjust +1 and -1 ok
loop_move +1 and -1 ok
effect select+1 ok
effect_select -1 KO (ok when on the slot but KO when you open the effect list with the little triangle -- stop on the top first effect)

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 6:06 pm
Anyone else has this problem or I am the only one?
Dit it work for you with a regular controller because with a pioneer DDJ RB it does not work for me (or I don't know how to do...)?
thanks

发表时间 Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 3:51 am
It as bit hard to follow, but is this what you are talking about?

I've mapped...
deck 1 effect_select 1 -1
and
deck 1 effect_select 1 +1
...to 2 custom buttons on the opposite deck, so that we can still use them when the effect drop-down is opened on deck 1
This can be seen in the video from 0:00 to 0:22

This works fine, also when going from the last effect back to first (add 1) and last effect back to first (subtract 1)
My first effect is the Backspin, and my last effect is the Timeskip in the video
This can be seen in the video from 0:23 to 0:37

Then if you do it while the dropdown is opened, it detects what effect is marked, and jump one effect from there, when you press the button. The dropdown is also closed
This can be seen in the video from 0:38 to about 1:55 in different situations

But if I mark the first one, it does not jump to the last one when I press the button. The dropdown just closes
So I need two button clicks in that situation
This can be seen in the video from 1:57 to 2:07

But it's the same if I go from the last one to the first one while the dropdown is open. When I press the button, the dropdown just closes
So I need two button clicks in that situation as well
This can be seen in the video from 2:07 to 2:17
It can be a bit hard to see because the dropdown is too long and goes below the recorded area,
but you can still see it in the effect slot, when you know that TimeSkip is the last effect on the list

Is this what you are talking about?

发表时间 Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 8:30 am
To me it looks like you are missing a space between 'effect_select' and the number.

发表时间 Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 3:07 pm
@locodog : no, error typing in this forum only not in the mapping
@klausmogensen : thanks for your help and video

Maybe I need to clarify what I want to do from the start...

I want to make a midi controller (MIDIbox based) to control VirtualDJ.
I don't want to use keyboard and mouse (where it's possible).

So, I want to control every FX slot only with hardware (again no mouse, no keyboard)
I want a button to open the dropdown list, an encoder to browse the FX dropdown list, a button to validate the FX selected, a button to activate/deactivate the effect, a button to open the FX GUI,
...and some potentiometers and buttons to control the FX parameters(will see that later).

I've mapped one button to effect_select (to open the dropdown list)
I've mapped my Encoder to effect_select +1 and effect_select -1 (to browse the list)
another button to effect_active (to enable/disable the effect)
another button to effect_gui (to open the effect gui)
and I want another button to validate the choice (my encoder is the one with a button)

now what is OK and what is not OK (again no keyboard, no mouse only the hardware of the controller)

1 - KO : I can't open the effect list with the button... only with the mouse on the small triangle
so forced to open the list with the mouse to continue :-(

2 - in the effects dropdown list : OK : turn the encoder clockwise can browse the list top to bottom one effect after one effect until bottom. When you are at the bottom, continue turning the encoder clockwise the cursor jump to the top of the list...this is what I want

KO : turn the Encoder counterclockwise starting for example from bottom of the list, browse the list to the top one effect by one effect...continue turning the encoder counterclockwise the cursor jump to the fourth effect in the list and then browse only these effects not the entire list (!) this is not good. I just want it to do like turning the encoder clockwise (for example if I have a list of four effect (Beatgrid - Flanger - Echo - Filter) turn clockwise : Beatgrid - Flanger - Echo - Filter - Beatgrid - Flanger - Echo - Filter.... and so on. Counter clockwise : Filter - Echo - Flanger - Beatgrid - Filter - Echo - Flanger - Beatgrid...and so on (but for now it seems not possible to do that ->Bug or not?)

3 - when you choose one effect, you need to validate it and close the list : KO - How to do that ? for now need to use the mouse (!)

4 - activate/déactivate the effect : OK

5 - open the effect GUI : OK

So it seems that I can't control the effects only with the hardware controller :-( (

I' ve mapped my buttons for other actions (slip, vinyl, master tempo, all is good)
I've mapped the encoder with other actions (loop_move +1, loop_move -1, songpos +1, songpos -1, level, Eq, all is good so the encoder seems to be well configured)...

I've did a quick test with a pioneer DDJ RB (the browse encoder) and it's KO too

If you have a controller, map it like I want, test, and report please

sorry for long post, and thanks for your help

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 4:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry for delayed reply to your feedback..
LDJMax wrote :

EVENT_ENC id=1 bank=1 type=CC cc=50 chn=1 range=0:127 enc_mode=Inc41_Dec3F if_equal=0x41
EVENT_ENC id=1 bank=1 type=CC cc=51 chn=1 range=0:127 enc_mode=Inc41_Dec3F if_equal=0x3F
ENC n=1 sr=2 pins=0:1 type=Detented5

definition file in virtualdj/DEVICES :
<encoder cc="50" name="deck 1 slot1 effect_select+1" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<encoder cc="51" name="deck 1 slot1 effect_select-1" deck="1" channel="0"/>

So the Encoder sends 2 kind of CC notes, something like B0 50 XX when turned clockwise and something like B0 51 XX when turned anti-clickwise, right ?
If that is so, can you see what are the XX values that you get when turning the Encoder ? Do you get both 50 and 51 when you turn to one direction ?
Use MIDIOX (Google it) and provide the data you get or a screenshot

Depending on the data the encoder sends, you may need to define those as <button>s instead of encoders.

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:41 am
ok, will try this after work.

meanwhile, I made a video without a controller only mapping custom button on skin and keyboard.

the results are different with the skin buttons and the keyboard keys (and with the hardware controller)

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 11:26 am
ok, will try this after work.

meanwhile, I made a video without a controller only mapping custom button on skin and keyboard.

the results are different with the skin buttons and the keyboard keys (and with the hardware controller)

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 11:28 am
sorry, can't upload the vidéo

but mapping keyboard keys or skin custom buttons give different results...
thanks

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 11:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just tried:
-mapping "deck 1 effect_select" to a midi controller works fine for me and opens the effect selection box
-pressing this again while the fx list is open closes it
-scrolling up in the list indeed doesn't wrap around properly, this will be fixed in the next update

发表时间 Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 12:01 pm
I've tried with a DDj RB, open the list OK, close the list OK (but the list open under the windows cursor so it can open anywhere on the screen... not very convenient)

mapping the encoder of DDJ RB works like my own DIY hardware counterclockwise (so need to wait for software update to see if it's OK)

mapping a button on my DIY hardware for open/close the list KO (mapped with other actions "slip, vinyl, play,..." works OK. so do we need something special to map this action (effect_select)?. Tried different note, cc, button, toggle.... KO

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 3:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Does your own controller send both key press and release messages?
I think effect_select opens the list on key release, so it's important that that is sent

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 4:16 am
yes, my controller (midibox based) can be configured to send different types of messages;
I tried CC, note.
I tried to mimic the messages sent by the DDJ RB so noteOn and NoteOff and different mode but nothing.

I will try to make screenshots of MIDIox afterwork

I send the messages on channel 1 on my controller to correspond of channel 0 in virtualDJ
Is there a special channel? As I remember DDJ RB sent the messages on channel 5 (midiox)

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 6:22 am
95%