快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Win 10 Fall Creators update build 1709

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi all, I haven't seen any posts on this update yet. Seeing as how I didn't have any shows, I figured I would try it and start working out the bugs. Personally, when using Win 10 I like to install the updates before Win 10 forces them on me. That way I can install them when I will have enough free time to fix all the new problems (thanks MS). Instead of getting surprised at a show with a "Windows wants to restart" message at what could be the worst time possible.

VDJ does seem to start and run fine. Including playing videos. Still working on connecting my NS7 iii for testing.

Warning to laptop users Have a mouse handy as my touch pad did not work after the update was complete. You may also want to get the latest touch pad drivers before hand. I just installed the latest touch pad drivers using a USB mouse and the touch pad is working again.

Not noticing any bugs in the OS yet. But I don't see any reason to update either. That is all, hope this helps some of you get prepared and avoid surprises.

发表时间 Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did not have any problems updating here.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 3:56 am
also no issues updating here on laptop, desktop, and older desktop.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 5:32 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
if in the fast ring. dont install the redstone 4 builds just yet. very unstable and doesnt like m2 drives at all. or my ati card. etc. ver 16299.19 is where you should be for stability now...

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 6:53 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The two laptops I repaired for an accountant friend last week were interesting. I installed Win 10 fully updated on both. One had a dvd drive, and needed a new hdd, so I installed win 10 from an older dvd created maybe six months ago with an image which I thought would be ok. The initial install was good but obtaining the updates was time consuming and seemed to hang..maybe given enough time it would have worked. I had little time since he needed his computers for work. Now then the other had no dvd drive and the factory restore partition was corrupted so I created a usb flash drive using the latest downloaded image. Everything went great and within 2 hours it was working and fully updated while the other one just sat there waiting for the updates. Anyway I did not have the time to wait so I started from new this time using the flash drive. 2 hours later perfection and my friend got his laptops in time for work the next day.
It seems wise, quick and easy to do a fresh usb install using the latest win 10 image.

Note: Both laptops originally had win 8 installed.

As I mentioned earlier update database corruption is quite common and Microsoft have made a tool to fix this type of problem only this can hang, and be very slow.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 9:47 am
go to "services" and make sure windows "time" and "update" are turned to automatic. then go to the windows update panel. and go to advnaced. and have it set to get updates from other pcs and internet

askvg.com is a great place to get legit isos

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:08 am
what im furíous about is my new machine has an intel kaby lake chip. (i7-7700k). which now MS has decided that windows 8.1 is not allowed to be updated or basically use.

8.1 for me is faster, lighter, and some of my other , older music apps that work perfectly fine. but were not updated work.

so im forced to go to 10.

rekordbox runs on 8.1

on ten i get a hard crash after about 10 mins.....but with some tweaking will work. sorta. but i dont use it. but it would have been nice to be able to with my xdj rx. now im returning it.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:12 am
another hint for djs. get ccleaner. its a free utility. and go to "uninstall". this will permanently delete things like skype or minecraft and other bs that you dont need. free up some cpu cycles and make it a bit faster.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:18 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm.. I like all my stuff to come direct from Microsoft servers including the Windows images. I did get the Win 10 image extremely fast so on this occasion that was not a problem. If it had been slow I would perhaps look at other methods.

The settings should have been fine and many updates came in quickly whilst using the older dvd install..but then it hung. There seemed to be too many.
Using the latest image via usb only a few updates were needed.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:20 am
hh73 wrote :
another hint for djs. get ccleaner. its a free utility. and go to "uninstall". this will permanently delete things like skype or minecraft and other bs that you dont need. free up some cpu cycles and make it a bit faster.

Just a warning about CCleaner from their very own blog: https://www.piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users

I know it is the older builds but I think I am done with them. My fans have been silent since I uninstalled.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 12:06 pm
Also, I have seen Win 10 updates fail. But they always seem to work if you make a thumb drive. I always want one of those on hand anyway in cases where I want a fresh install.

Always a good idea to have on hand. With managing about 15 other work Win 10 machines, it has just been the most reliable way to update.

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 12:09 pm
use rufus. and a good usb 3.0 drive. yeah that warning link was for 32 bit windows. but i have used it for years. the link didnt open. is there malware or something?

发表时间 Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 3:02 pm

Works all well here, no issues with any programs or hardware

发表时间 Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 3:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)