快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Sound distortion issues with VDJ - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

BertFMPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Sometimes, after 2 or 3 hours of use, sound starts getting distorted. Not very heavy at first, but after a while (1 song maybe) it gets up to the point that music is barely recognizable. As it happened during my gigs, I couldn't try and test which was the cause. I only had time to play something from my phone, while closing / reset controller / start controller / open VDJ. After that issue solved, at least temporarily. Not happening again in those nights but you can figure that it's not very professional or even possible to mix from a mobile phone...

It doesn't always appear (so I suppose it's not a heating problem, as it goes away with the reset), and I think it seems not to come from the controller (Vestax VCI 400), as I have two of them and the problem appears in both. It shouldn't be a clipping/gain problem (volume knob was at 50%, gain 0 dB, no effects..)

I'm currently running VDJ 8.2 b3848, with a Mac OS 10.11 version.

Any thoughts of what could it be? I'm doing some test (playing a super-long automix waiting for the sound to appear and see what happens) but no results yet.

发表时间 Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 8:47 pm
Got let down very badly crackling sound through vdj8 any ideas please I'm running through a Sony vaio laptop and my mixer is a dedon mc6000 mk2

发表时间 Sun 10 Dec 17 @ 9:28 pm
ololii1969 wrote :
Got let down very badly crackling sound through vdj8 any ideas please I'm running through a Sony vaio laptop and my mixer is a dedon mc6000 mk2

That usually means that you have to increase the latency in the asio settings for your controller

发表时间 Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 4:01 am
Has anyone got anywhere with this?

I used to get it on my old PC, rolled back a version (off the top of my head I can't remember which one) and it was fine but I couldn't upgrade to get any new features or stability.

I then changed to a laptop towards the end of last year and it was fine on the latest until last months release where I'm getting it again. A distorted and crackling on playback, never the same file, doesn't matter at what speed. The only workaround I have found is to restart VDJ and then it goes away for a while. Had the last update and I've tried the 2018 beta over the weekend, both have had this issue.

I am using a Asus Strix GL702, so performance is not an issue and I was using it with a Pioneer DJM-5000, now a DDJ-1000. Doesn't appear to be the mixer/controller soundcard as playback is fine when I switch to the other PC input with a different laptop or use Rekordbox (prefer not to!) and the reboot of VDJ8 fixes it, albeit temporally.

This is getting rather irritating and embarrassing.

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 3:19 pm
From what you've said, it sounds specific to Virtual DJ so you need to fiddle around with the various sound settings in the VDJ config.

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 5:36 pm
I've been seeing a similar issue the last few weeks as well with my Hercules RMX. I've tried every possible combination of ASIO settings and nothing makes much of a difference. Seems to be much worse on videos but it's a slight crackling on just about everything. Laptop is pretty new and never gets close to 25% CPU.

Everything was working great for a while with this setup and then suddenly this started happening. I'm 90% sure nothing changed either when it did unless something updated without me know it. This laptop is almost never on the internet so that would be odd if it did.

I'm still trying to pin this one down and will let you know if I find anything helpful.

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 18 @ 2:15 pm
Just been playing with this more and the problem seems to be with my RMX 2. I plugged my old RMX in and there is no clicking or popping there. Really odd

发表时间 Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 2:38 am
djdarkwave wrote :
Seems to be much worse on videos

Possibly your graphics driver then. As a test, start a video playing in VDJ and when the crackling starts, minimise VDJ.

If it goes away or gets much better then I'd say the cause was as above.

It happened to me once with Ableton Live.

发表时间 Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 4:38 pm
Not sure about that, I switched out my controller for my old RMX and it does not appear to do it there. But I'll make sure my drivers are updated. Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 17 Jun 18 @ 12:59 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I get this too, on Windows 10 with audio only, no video. It varies between different controllers (and therefore audio drivers), some perfect, some distort after a few minutes, some at random and the worst completely freeze the audio... Anyway, some of the issues are fixed by calling up the audio setting and hitting apply (make no changes). If it works it's a lot easier and quicker than restarting VDJ

发表时间 Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 11:31 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
So contrary to my last post.. now on 8.3 b4444 and I've just encountered the distortion again BUT this time re-applying the current sound settings did not
fix this? So on this version my quick fix for the last 3 months no longer works and now I have a problem too!

Using a Numark NV (so no ASIO driver) I switched the sound to internal card then back to NV and it was still distorted, tried on and off for ultralatency, set latency from auto to 768, 1024, 4096 and reapplied audio config to no avail.

The sound issue was only corrected when I switched on "exclusiveaudioaccess" but that had the side-effect of making the waveform scrolling really jerky, switched "exclusiveaudio" back off and the waveforms scrolled smoothly again and the sound was now ok. To check I switched exclusive audio back to on and the graphical waveform immediately started to jerk again. Tested again with Win10 task manager open and saw no change in CPU or GPU usage, both under 20%.

So something has changed in the VDJ 2018 as my prior fix no longer works. So now my question is what happens when setting exclusiveaudioaccess on/off that would have fixed the distortion and what has changed to the "apply" audio config that means it no longer fixes ir?

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 11:45 pm
While using VDJ8 at a recent gig I got the "latency from hell issue" it had surfaced once before at home but I thought I corrected it by upgrading software to Vdj8 from 7e. The story is similar to others 2-3 hours into gig the stutter/static distorted one song I quickly switched to deck 2 and slowly it also distorted, turned off/on software and it worked fine for a bit then again it -st-ar-t-ed--to-di-st-or-t and screw up my set. I quickly switched to my backup PC and finished the gig, but that didn't cure my embarrassment or the impression I left on the guests.
I still believe VDJ is a top-notch professional DJ software and because of my controller (Denon 6000) I've been predetermined to use VDJ, but popular issues like these can be exploited by the competition and have djs looking elsewhere if this"latency issue" isn't addressed quickly.
I may be able to discount this as a PC fan or heat issue or even a soundcard or WiFi location thing but judging from all that I've read here and other forums I'm almost certain I haven't heard the last from this gremlin.

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 3:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
dwelly wrote :
The sound issue was only corrected when I switched on "exclusiveaudioaccess" but that had the side-effect of making the waveform scrolling really jerky, switched "exclusiveaudio" back off and the waveforms scrolled smoothly again and the sound was now ok. To check I switched exclusive audio back to on and the graphical waveform immediately started to jerk again. Tested again with Win10 task manager open and saw no change in CPU or GPU usage, both under 20%.

When exclusiveAudioAccess is on, the latency setting is used, so if the waveforms are jerky, perhaps the latency setting was still set at a high value?
Try exclusiveAudioAccess on and latency at 512.

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 4:22 am
So an update to my playing around...

Using the AISO driver (latest) at the default settings and my Pioneer DDJ-1000, I have the exclusiveAudioAccess set (btw not seeing the jerky waveform issues mentioned by @dwelly) and ZeroDb at -9. Pretty much everything else is default. I got about two and a half hours into last nights gig before the same distortion and crackling was experienced. This time I also checked the cue output on all 4 channels, the issue was experienced with all. Laptop resources were fine processor was ticking over 5-10% usage memory and disk usage were well within normal expectations, there is no bottleneck with the hardware.
Yet again restarting VDJ fixed the issue and this time it lasted for the rest of the evening. I'm back out Thursday so I'm going to see if it's any different using the WASAPI driver with the same settings.

As a Software Tester and Sound Engineer I'm not a big fan of trial and error and would prefer to see some logging to try and trace this!

发表时间 Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 8:33 pm
What's your ASIO latency set at? If it's too low then you will be more prone to glitches.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 8:38 pm

发表时间 Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 9:47 pm
OK, on the Wednesday I soak tested it on automix with the the WASAPI driver and experienced the same issue, in the same time period.
Thursday I opted to run rekordbox using the ASIO, I checked and it is using the identical latency settings to VDJ of 255 or 5ms, ran for almost six hours of the gig, not a single issue in playback.

Thanks, @wickedmix I'll give it a look, but this seems more like a memory leak issue in the sound handling to me. As @groovindj mentioned latency would give you glitches. This is a permanent issue once it happens.

发表时间 Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 6:50 pm
Thursday I had 20 minutes to spare after I set up so went with giving @wickedmix's suggestion a try. I want back to the ASIO driver and upped the latency from 255 to 512. Rather than waiting the two hours or so to fail it instantly distorted playback. There are some serious issues with this audio handling and there is no way that should of triggered it.

I give up, maybe it will be unwittingly fixed again by an update again at some point in the future, but for me this is a blocker for ever using this software again.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 7:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try this ...
- With the DDJ-1000 connected to USB and powered on, open the Windows Sound-->Playback devices and set your Built-in sound card as default playback device instead of the DDJ-1000 (if was set as such) !! This is the important part !!!
- Do this for the Recording devices too
- Open VirtualDJ, goto Settings, apply the DDJ-1000 Audio setup (with ASIO) and then set the latency to 10-12ms from the Pioneer Utilities not from VJ Options. You can get the Pioneer Utilities if you click on the ASIO button you will see at the bottom of the Audio setup window when the DDJ-ASIO is selected.
- See if you get any distortion in sound now.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 8:49 am
I have started having this same issue with virtual dj on 2 controllers. I assumed my sound card on my ddj-sz was failing so i ordered a new main board and used myy ddj-sb3 last night, and started having the same issues!!!

Im on early access.

发表时间 Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 8:52 pm
28%