快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Photo Booths

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok so after doin a handful of weddings and still have a few left this year I think I need a cheap photo booth type thing until I can get enough money saved for a real one.

Would something like this be a viable option??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3YgS_62yDHI&feature=youtu.be

I know it's cheap but I already have the iPad and I could definitely build something like this. As for the app it will print the pictures to any Air Print enabled printer which I would buy.

So fellas would this be an option for a guy who's just starting out??

Honest feedback only, I'm grown and can take whatever, lmao!!

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 2:57 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would invest on a good printer first if I were you.
Instant print is what makes Photobooth a Photobooth in the first place.

You can never go wrong with the DNP Brand, I have the DS40. (If you want to start with Ipad, research first how to print without a wi-fi... Hassle!)

Darkroom Booth Software - highly recommended - Windows only!

DSLR - Check which are supported by Darkroom.

The rest: props, backdrop, lighting, etc. are cheap.

*You can be competitive if you have the above*

Just like DJ gear - if you start with a beginner set up, you will need to upgrade every now and then.
The above combo is like 1200s+Mixer...well proven and won't go out of fashion.

Just my 2 cents though.
I jumped in doing the Photobooth on my mobile events a little bit late too... Jan 2015.

I am a late starter with PBooth myself... Jan 2015.
And I do mine as an Add-on to DJ service only (I don't go out to do PB alone).

I was able to upsell about 30% - 40% plus to my regular fees.

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 2:18 pm
Thanks!

And yeah I know I'd need to upgrade but right now it's not feasible so I what I've done in the past is use those tiny white Polaroid cameras, forget the name of them but it worked well until someone stole 2 of them, lmao!!

As for printing from an IPad I already have a Canon Selphy CP910 which works pretty good but this means I have to have someone manning the booth as it's not a one step process and I wouldn't except guests to figure it out.

I'll definitely look at the things you posted and keep plugging away.

Thanks for the info!! Most appreciated

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 2:58 pm
938MyDJ wrote :

You can never go wrong with the DNP Brand, I have the DS40. (If you want to start with Ipad, research first how to print without a wi-fi... Hassle!)

Darkroom Booth Software - highly recommended - Windows only!

DSLR - Check which are supported by Darkroom.

The rest: props, backdrop, lighting, etc. are cheap.

*You can be competitive if you have the above*

Just like DJ gear - if you start with a beginner set up, you will need to upgrade every now and then.
The above combo is like 1200s+Mixer...well proven and won't go out of fashion.

Just my 2 cents though.
I jumped in doing the Photobooth on my mobile events a little bit late too... Jan 2015.

I am a late starter with PBooth myself... Jan 2015.
And I do mine as an Add-on to DJ service only (I don't go out to do PB alone).

I was able to upsell about 30% - 40% plus to my regular fees.

Is this system fully automated after it's up and running or do I have to hire someone to run this??

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 7:15 pm
It works by itself!
NO ATTENDANT required if you have a touch screen!

I've heard/seen other operators let their clients use a wireless mouse if they don't have a touch-screen .

(Darkroom, just like VDJ boasts of not being CPU Hungry - So older computer/laptop should work - Please check supported OS)

It can also run an automatic slideshow of previously taken shots/sessions if you have TV/Projectors on the venue (to attract more clients).

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 10:27 pm
Ok definitely gonna check it out because it being automated almost has me sold, lol!

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 10:52 pm
I would never let the clients have run of the booth, as I always have an attendant. Yes, the booth will work fine, but it's the software and the printer that makes the difference. Even with an enclosed booth, I have an attendant outside, as something always needs attention. Forget kids and sweet 16s, they are animals. Just starting to play, so will get back to this later.

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 11:24 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
@freppa

I have some interesting differences of opinion with Beatbreaker..and quite often I learn something useful.
It's ok.

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 6:10 pm
I leave for a moment and this thread goes sideways. So back to the subject of photo booths. For me, photo booths are not just an add on, but a second business. I don't know how long I will be able to lift subs in and out of venues. Things are good now, but a photo booth for me is the future. I have 2 now so I can send my niece out. Even though the one you are looking at will work fine, it just looks a little fragile to me because of the tripod. I have a thing about tripods, near traffic. As I said earlier, they can be like animals, no respect for your equipment or props. There is no way I would leave the booth and printer unattended. I have 2 attendants for teenagers. I don't know the cost of this booth but there are plenty of used booths available, that seem a lot more stable and sturdy, and are still compact. I will get a link for you.

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 6:36 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I would never let the clients have run of the booth, as I always have an attendant. Yes, the booth will work fine, but it's the software and the printer that makes the difference. Even with an enclosed booth, I have an attendant outside, as something always needs attention. Forget kids and sweet 16s, they are animals. Just starting to play, so will get back to this later.

I totally understand your concern.

I am posting my comments here not to argue but to explain my side:
*I have a well written contract for possible equipment damage that might be caused by my clients and their guests.
*I could charge less without an attendant (or get more money by not paying an attendant) - *As mentioned, PBooth is just an Add-on to my DJ Service.
*I set up the Photo booth always closed to the DJ set up so I could feed the slideshow on my projector screens and at the same time monitor the activities.
*There are gear that I consider personal, semi-personal, and public... I will not put my own favorite hat on my PBooth props, I only send SX2 to my other DJs if I won't be with them on the gig. I let them use my CDJ set up if I'm there...etc.

Probably I am just lucky not to have bad experience about damages caused by my clients so far.
But even if that happens, I might still leave things the way they are now.

But this is a good info to consider (yours and mine) for new or future photo booth operators in this community.

Cheers!

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 6:38 pm
Or you could take a completely different view....

So i have done many events with a home made photo booth that has been very successful, and not printed a single photo !

I had in stock a couple of touch screen podiums, they consisted of a nicley styled 5 foot podium with a 17 inch touch screen and a pc in the base , so i added the highest quality webcam i could get (at the time logitek 920) and downloaded sparkbooth , woch is a great piece of software, this allows you to send your pics to email, twitter and facebook.

When i do an event i ask the client to add to their Facebook account a event page, and they log into that on sparkbooth on the night with their facebook details , the pictures are then sent direct to an album on the clients Facebook events page.

If you really want to go HQ, spark booth has a pro version which supports DSLR cameras.

So the advantages i have found.....

Client invites all the guests to the face book event.
As soon as the first person uses the booth , the pictures upload to the clients face book event , and all the invited guests see it and then more guests come to use the booth!

No printing costs

This has worked so well for me in the past , the next booking ,i get will just upgrade to the sparkbooth pro , and bay a basic canon Dslr, the only problem i have had with the HQ webcam is low light performance, partly cured by a couple of led strips on the front of the podium.

You can download a demo version of spaekbooth if you want i check it out

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:46 pm
Did mean to add.

O ten to market it as facebooth , the social photo booth

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:52 pm
@sureview...

Are you related to bigron? LOL!

938MyDJ wrote :

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:52 pm
Beatbreaker, sorry for the delay. Look here for used booths and ideas. My first booth had a DNP RX1 printer, and worked well but it was slow, 16 seconds to print. Beware, they discontinued that model and changed the paper that it uses. They have an updated version out that's supposed to be faster. I also have a Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S and a DNP DS40, that will do 2 2x6 in 8.7 sec.

Do not rely on the plastic catch trays, because the guest will break them, if left unattended. They cost $70 to $90. The real cheap ones, will not last the affair, if the quest get the pictures. They are thinner than the plastic on battery packs. There are metal ones that are better, but they cost money also. There are also covers for the printers, that have built in catch trays but cost $250 and up. I have one of those for my newer booth, as my other booth has the printer inside.

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 8:49 pm
Hey no problem, I've had a very busy weekend as well.

But since I don't have Facebook I can't see your link because it says I need to login.

I think I'm gonna get an LED light ring and build the box to hold my iPad. I'll be using this software for now, https://www.simplebooth.com/diy-photo-booth

And yes as I said in my first post I know this isn't the best but it'll get me by until I come up with the cash for the real deal..

发表时间 Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 2:06 am
I can confirm I am not related to bottom lol

I do have two sony snaplabs, which i can use in usb mode for great quality dyesub prints if that's what the client wants, but i do find the avalanche effect of the upload into the social media works really well, for example a small party it often uploads over 400 pictures , and at weddings sometimes in access of 2000

Obviously with the cost of printing most booth hire limits the clients to a set number of prints.

I cam easily hire the connected booth for as much as the printing booth option, which makes me more money!

The younger clients love it, the older clients like the physical pic , so i do offer both options ...

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 6:20 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)