快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Our Sampler v Traktor Remix decks

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
http://djtechtools.com/2014/11/09/creative-ways-to-use-the-traktor-remix-decks-or-samples-in-a-real-dj-set/

The above link is applicable to our Sampler, which has much in common with the Traktor Remix Decks.
Traktor Remix Decks are very well documented, and have lots of sets prepared specifically for them.
We have less tailored material but we can use Tracktor ideas and material.

Best of luck remixing on the fly !

Notes:
There are some VDJ remix sets available in the Sampler Addons..but not many.
I've finally got around to looking at Traktor once more, and it's advantages over VDJ 8.2 might be stability due to it's limited capabilities (no video and internet functions) and of course the sophisticated Remix Decks.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 3:57 pm
I ben asking for something close to remix decks, even tried to build a remix skin see....this was done by JMF for me, but im thinking the VDJ people need to actually help with it. I think its a great feature. Even with using a timecode and jog wheel control we were able to almost there. I believe we have done most of the work i think all it need is the scripting. What you think?

But Its doesnt sync or snap into phase like traktor. It really needs operational work but the idea is there...would you like to test it.....in all its lacking glory...lol

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 6:31 pm
Quote: But Its doesnt sync or snap into phase like traktor. It really needs operational work but the idea is there...would you like to test it.....in all its lacking glory...lol

VDJ 8 manual p72 Sample Editor

Sync Start: the sample will play at the same tempo as the Master Output and will be synced with the CBG (phase) of it.
Sync Lock: the sample will play at the same tempo as the Master Output and will be synced with the CBG (phase) of it. The sample will start at the same CBG number. E.g. if the track on the Master Output is at beat Nr 3 of its 4-beat phase, the sample will start from its 3rd beat as well.

I don't really have a problem with sample/loop sync.
Also I'm fond of our sampler so would rather see improvements within what we have already.
I've got an F1 setup with VDJ 8.2 which functions in a similar way to what it would do in Traktor Pro 2.11 (latest)

It's interesting that the Traktor Remix Decks have been upgraded to function as a Step Sequencer.
I'm looking at that now.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 7:18 pm
Just in case anyone is missing the point..we can have a kick drum sample supporting a deck track in sync and control it's volume on something like an F1, then we can press another pad..say kick drum + stick and if both samples are members of the same group we will get a smooth synced "sampler" transition.
It's of course very, very important that the deck track has a good beatgrid.

THE OPTIONS ARE CRITICAL!

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 7:44 pm
A sequencer is what we need*. Then it'd be possible to write drum patterns rather than rely on loops. It'd also come in useful now that VDJ can host VSTi's (instruments).

* well we need lots of things, but a sequencer would be nice.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 7:44 pm
+1

Anyway our sampler is coming along fine..I think a sequencer won't be too far off.
I'm happy with my loops for the time being. We can make them ourselves using a software drum machine of some type.
I think I made a crude set in Ableton about a year ago but it might have been the free software Hydrogen. Whatever...

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 7:53 pm
So my F1 is set up as a Traktor step sequencer and I have loaded a suitable remix set (one shot drum kit... kick drums, toms, hi-hats, sticks whatever) and I can program it to play any sequence of these one shots synced with the main decks. However I can do something very similar with VDJ 8.2 after loading the same set into our sampler???

I do think I can extract some good stuff from Traktor and load it in our sampler.
Hm..Traktor may be a top provider of dj beats.
Move over Ableton.
However VDJ is the ultimate versatile DJ tool..which is why I think its great.

There again I'm still a little confused...

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 4:12 pm
Yep..the F1 and Remix Decks plus the Step Sequencer are confusing me..it may be awhile until I get the hang of them.

This is a big area where I think VDJ 8.2 is behind both Traktor and Serato so it's just as well VDJ 8.2 is ahead in other ways.

Gotta say again..they have loads of free and lovely sample sets that I could borrow for VDJ 8.2 !!!!

It's all very interesting.

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 17 @ 11:21 am
Keep us posted, it'll be interesting to see how you get it to work like or similar to the 'other two'

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 17 @ 5:14 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Quote: But Its doesnt sync or snap into phase like traktor. It really needs operational work but the idea is there...would you like to test it.....in all its lacking glory...lol

VDJ 8 manual p72 Sample Editor

Sync Start: the sample will play at the same tempo as the Master Output and will be synced with the CBG (phase) of it.
Sync Lock: the sample will play at the same tempo as the Master Output and will be synced with the CBG (phase) of it. The sample will start at the same CBG number. E.g. if the track on the Master Output is at beat Nr 3 of its 4-beat phase, the sample will start from its 3rd beat as well.

Now those are the specifics that cant be applied to the remix deck skin, well by me anyway. This is separate from the sampler, so the the sampler can still be used will using the remix decks in the skin. But also being a pad page for triggering but still able to control like vinyl. Though the decks handle complete tracks, its loops that will shine in remix mode. The one shots (kick, snare) with step sequencer can still be the sampler capabilities can be used in sync also.
Example when test the skin i could add a loop to one of the mini remix decks, bring it into focus, then use locodogs routine to flip the loop and then use the flip as the new loop, all on the fly. And still dropping sound efx from the sampler. But until its worked out the sync and phase is not automatic or have certain controls to keep the mix clean.

发表时间 Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 12:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)