快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NOTE] Spotify integration in VirtualDJ (Update pr Sept. 2017) - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm thankful for the Spotify intgegration as I've been getting requests for Brazilian music and that's my goto to find tracks. I've developed a following thanks to being able to play those tracks.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 11:35 am
As per the other post they could have let people know or even included it in the changelog. It's almost like they're scared to give bad news.

发表时间 Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 1:47 am
I'm on the previous build 3870 and it was working a couple of hours ago.

The new build probably deletes the supporting files and going back the way won't recover them if the plugin is no longer available.

That's one of the reasons I have auto updates off.

发表时间 Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 2:01 am
i don't see spotify in my list others like deezer i see

发表时间 Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 10:01 am
That's because it's been revoked. Read the comments above.

发表时间 Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 10:08 am
Just 1 more reason for me to always buy my music and make sure I'm part of a couple good record pools.....

When will you learn, you can't count on these types of services, smh...

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 6:36 pm
I agree Huey however most people here probably use these services to get them out of a tight spot. With people listening on streaming its virtually impossible to keep up. For 99 per cent of us it's not for a whole nights music but the problem is that if VDJ add something then take it away there will be some people that get upset.

Because I work in so many diverse gigs even since being a DJ and buying music since 1985 I don't have every request.

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 7:12 pm
Yes I agree Keith, which is why people also need to learn you can't and won't please everyone. It's ok to not have every song in the world.

This trying to always have every single request is just nonsense to me. What's wrong with saying "sorry I don't have that"??

We don't even take requests at the club, lol!

I have an CU license and barely use it. I mainly see it as a way for me to help the software I use.

i know I'm not the only here who thinks like this???

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 7:33 pm
Generational differences I suppose...

Those of us old enough to have started DJing when vinyl was the only way, then moving on to CDs - we know what it's like to have to leave your house and go to the store to buy music (you had to pay for it) and to not have every track when you're gigging.

This new generation that have only ever known the internet, MP3s, computers & smart phones - they're used to listening to any track at any time without needing to buy it, and watching any music video they want, without having to buy it. They expect to DJ the same way. Don't buy anything, just stream it.

When things like this happen, who's gonna be able to carry on gigging? We are, because we still buy our music. :-)

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 8:04 pm
"Spotify is currently no longer available in VDJ 8 "

:-(
thats to bad.. and stupid me just cancelled my deezer account because I wasnt using it (have the spotify family plan)..
I did really like being able to use spotify in VDJ , I guess I need to re-order deezer again. (ironically they now have a family plan too which was the whole reason i flipped to spotify)

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 8:06 pm
@Groovin, you're still living in the seventies mate :)

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 9:58 pm
Yes, I must admit that I shop for clothes here.

I worked at Sears in the men's department, and remember selling #35. I also own my own music, because as the older guys know, you had to pay for your music. Even when you are in a record pool, you had to paid the dues, and I still went to 3 record stores, every day. Yes, those days are long gone, but the principal is the same. Some times I tell people I don't have a song, and I do (no Jimmy Hendricks or Meatloaf).

发表时间 Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 10:15 pm
Mine still pulls up Spotify but only loads the first 30 seconds of the song. :( Now I have to redo several playlists. I just signed up for Deezer if it works well for me I will cancel my Spotify subscription.

发表时间 Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 8:40 pm
Is it possible to go back to the previous version?

发表时间 Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 7:19 am
No, it's been removed from the server and is not version specific.

发表时间 Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 7:22 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
May be that why others ARE against VDJ technology before its time or may be give the Dj's free tool and not charging you for bells and whistles you don't need. Some CAN't use or do not need at a paying gigs/events,others look good doing the same thing when the night over at a gig/event playing music one song after another.

发表时间 Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 4:55 pm
djtrogyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
No Fair! Why does algoriddm get spotify but no VDJ I legit need this to be fixed this is my main music source for internet radio streaming! (TruckersFM)

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:44 am
You might want to check the terms and conditions before saying it's not fair. Very much doubt Spotify is licensed for internet radio streaming!

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:49 am
trog566 wrote :
No Fair! Why does algoriddm get spotify but no VDJ I legit need this to be fixed this is my main music source for internet radio streaming! (TruckersFM)

My guess is that Algoriddm has paid Spotify a lot of money for that

Anyway... There really is no fix, since I guess Spotify currently doesn't want to be a content provider for Virtual DJ

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:52 am
kradcliffe wrote :
You might want to check the terms and conditions before saying it's not fair. Very much doubt Spotify is licensed for internet radio streaming!

Yeah... I noticed that part too...

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:53 am
49%