快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: vdj 8 vs rekordbox dj sound difference - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So you are not using Pioneer ASIO drivers, why not?

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 7:29 am
sorry should have said im using a apple macbook pro

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 7:56 am
Why are you not using the pre-defined "master/headphones" audio setup?

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 9:11 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yea go for master/headphone setup and make sure you choose DDJ-SZ Asio. I imagine this will solve your output issue.

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 2:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, the correct Audio setup for DDJ-SZ is "external mixer" with Deck 1,2,3,4 as shown above.

If there is a big difference in audio output, check the following..
- zeroDB setting to 0db (default)
- CrossfaderCurve to "Full"

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 2:13 pm
bagpuss wrote :
choose DDJ-SZ Asio

He can't. He's using a Mac (see previous post).

djdad wrote :
No, the correct Audio setup for DDJ-SZ is "external mixer"

My mistake. I looked at the setup guide for the RZ. It's strange though, as I thought the difference between them was Rekordbox vs Serato DJ, not the hardware.

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 2:13 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djdad wrote :
No, the correct Audio setup for DDJ-SZ is "external mixer" with Deck 1,2,3,4 as shown above.

If there is a big difference in audio output, check the following..
- zeroDB setting to 0db (default)
- CrossfaderCurve to "Full"

He's taken these steps and still has the issue.

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 2:24 pm
Hi all thanks for all the help and tips the main problem im having is the sound difference ie VDJ as a very dull low end and screaming high end as rekordbox well just sounds a lot better but unfortunately rekordbox does not offer all that VDJ does i have tried all that as been suggested again thanks all

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 5:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Please make a recording of both then so that we get a better understanding of what might have gone wrong.

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 5:55 pm
hi thanks will do but i have loaded a video but will take a audio rec

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 5:57 pm
VDJ 8 is a big step up from the disaster that was VDJ 7's late 32bit DSP implementation that mutilated the earlier, simple, pristine, and shimmering v7 16bit DSP sound when features were turned on. Granted, they made VDJ 7.3 and 7.4 bit perfect with limiter, key lock, and auto gain off, but few people use it like that. Maybe that was just a proof of concept for the new DSP? Ignoring the extra EQ settings in Traktor that may affect frequency response and extension, Virtual DJ 8 measures very similarly to the newest versions of Traktor. In some areas, it measures better. With the various EQ settings, Traktor measures less neutral. With Classic EQ, Traktor has exactly the same impulse response and bass separation as VDJ 8. I suspect Atomix used Traktor 2 as the benchmark on what they had to meet or exceed. I think Atomix slightly bested Traktor 2. Frequency sweeps are flatter and more extended and the response is always more neutral, regardless of where the EQ bands are set in VDJ 8.

Deckadance, you should know, beats the pants off them on its low end, frequency response & extension (nearly indistinguishable from reference in those areas), and all its measurement numbers are very slightly better. Deckadance 2 numbers are, for the most part, slightly improved over v1, but has a mutilated Torq 2-like impulse response and a glossy sort of tone to it that is not reflected in the numbers. I'm thinking the DD 2.42 might actually be inverted phase like Torq 2 was, and doing something funky with its post-DSP filter or dithering. I don't know what Image-Line has done to their 64bit DSP, but at least it's not as bad as Torq 2's very processed sound. Deckadance 1's impulse looks more normal, but has some slight bizarre pre-ringing and almost no post ringing. I don't know if that's bad or an achievement. To my ears sometimes Deckadance 1 has a touch of almost like grit or something that I detect. Not sure if that's the FIR-like pre-ringing or my imagination. I think DD2 has the edge in the bass over even DD1. VDJ 8 has less character of its own to my ears, though. No gloss. No grit.

Mixxx has come a long way but still has some various issues with the behavior of its low-pass post-DSP filter math on a frequency response sweep, more inter-modulation distortion than the others, and strange measurements with THD and stereo separation that I can't quite figure out.

I have not tested Rekordbox DJ and it's been a long time since I've tried Serato DJ on my computers. Considering Pioneer DJ's new foray into collecting personally identifiable information and downloading your library list, I probably won't try the former.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 9:25 am
What's this "reference" you mention?

Measurement numbers? How are these "measurements" taken? With what?

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 9:48 am
Using RMAA and test waveforms. Reference is the original test file "Test signal (44 kHz 16-bit).wav". Impulse response viewed in Soundforge.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 9:58 am
That looks useful. Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 10:03 am
I narrowed down the problems on VDJ 7's 32bit DSP to inconsistent performance with Advanced Stretching key lock enabled, even with zero percent pitch (or what you think is zero). So it's not autogain or the limiter on it. I sometimes get completely mutilated impulse responses, but subsequently upon restart it just has more ringing on the impulse and they are offset in the temporal domain (phasing). Switching to the simple algorithm improves measurements substantially in v7.4. But like I said, v8 is at least as good as Traktor 2 and you get advanced stretching. If you want bit perfect, though, it appears to be easier to switch on in the last version of VDJ v7. I'm not sure which settings in v8 would get you there or if it's possible. By the way, no changes in Traktor or Deckadance settings ever get you to bit perfect, no matter how many features you turn off.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 11:37 am
For vdj 8, you can set pitchQuality to 3 (only available since one of the most recent updates).
If pitchQuality is set to 3, pitch is at 0% and samplerate of the input file is the same as samplerate of your output you should get close to bit-perfect. With autoGain off, zeroDb to 0dB and all volumes at 100% it should be bit-perfect.
To improve frequency response in non-0% pitch (or input samplerate different from output samplerate) you could increase the scratchQuality setting.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 11:55 am
Ok. I assume there isn't a "Pure" scratch mode as in v7 anymore.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 1:05 pm
I don't remember what that did exactly. What exactly are you still missing?

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 1:22 pm
PureScratch just completely disabled the master key coding.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 2:06 pm
pitchQuality 3 and turning off master tempo would have the same effect. (or pitchQuality 0 would turn it off even with master tempo on)

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 2:40 pm
68%