快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Reloop Mixtour Failure (sound cuts/noise/crashing) with Virtual DJ 8.x

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LibTechControlleristMember since 2016
After incessant testing and a few live disasters as of now my Reloop Mixtour is completely unreliable for performing with Virtual DJ 8.x.

Does anyone have similar experience? Any solutions?

(Communicated with Reloop support eventual solution was to test/use Traktor.... which is not a solution).

The Problems:

using the Mixtour controller with VDJ and one of following happens without warning or pattern:

- the sounds cuts out but Mixtour and VDJ continue working and marking levels
- noise and cracking suddenly starts and renders the music completely inaudible
- VDJ and controller freezes and sound cuts

Only solution is to restart VDJ and Mixtour and occasionally the PC

Details:
- Reloop Mixtour + Virtual DJ 8.x with controller license
- tested on various PC´s ( Windows 8.1, plenty of RAM, CPU and space)
- tested using external harddrive and locale harddrive
- all drivers and software versions up to date
- VDJ works flawlessly when MixTour is not used

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 2:01 pm
No issues here at all. Which sound drivers are you using as it sounds like an ASIO problem.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 2:11 pm
Sound drop outs, cracking, and working fine when not connected. All points to a latency issue to me. Something is not set right and is trying to get the laptop to work harder than it is capable of. I would check the following settings. Exclusiveaudioaccess = No. Samplerate = Auto

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 3:01 pm
I use the Windows 1.23 ASIO Diver that Reloop suggests/provides.

But also I have also tried the WASAPI driver.

On one of the computers I also have the Reloop Play driver installed which is for a Reloop Play device. (the Play and VDJ8 work fine)

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 3:05 pm
I am using WASAPI and have no problems. Try that instead as I would guess it will sort the problem.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 3:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would also try..
- a new/different USB cable
- run a Utility showing real-time performance such as LatencyMon ( http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon ) and DPC Latency Checker ( http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml runs with Win7 but not sure about Win 8) . There may be a device in your computer creating real-time performance issue. Disabling such a device (bluetooth, wi-fi, web-camera etc) may improve performance and resolve your issues.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 3:29 pm
Thanks for replies and suggestions.

So far I have:
- changed USB cable (this i did a while ago and only improvement was that Mixtour turned on without problems it had with previous cable)
- changed to "WSAPI Mixtour" driver
- changed this setting: Samplerate = Auto (it was at 44.1)
- installed and ran LatencyMon

Mixtour/VDJ8 ran all night with no crashing or sound cuts (not sure about cracks/noise) ..... But....

but LatencyMon reported significant problems and high latency. It seems that the problems center around "Wdf01000.sys"

From there I am ot sure what the next step should be. Research into Wdf01000.sys returns a serious amount of deep computing solutions.

Again the question here is why VDJ8.x worked fine without the Mixtour?

The only real difference as far as I know, is the installment of the Reloop ASIO driver for the Mixtour, should I uninstall that driver (or all auido drivers) and use a new driver?

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 11:56 am
Are you running Windows Vista?

If that's the case then that will be the overriding issue as it is absolutely terrible for bad latency and audio applications.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 12:08 pm
This is the computer I am currently testing on (I have run VDJ8.x on less specs without problems but without Mixtour):

OS version: Windows 8.1 , 6.3, build: 9600 (x64)
Hardware: 20AQCTO1WW, LENOVO
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8087 MB total
Reported CPU speed: 2295 MHz

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 12:23 pm
As far as i can read in the Internet , it would be safe to terminate the Wdf01000.sys service without causing any stability issues.

I would also consider upgrading to Windows 10.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 12:44 pm
So far all recommended changes to improve Mixtour/VDJ failures on windows 8.1 to no avail.

Testing over 6 hours in live dj conditions (track changes, mixing etc) the Mixtour/VDJ set up failed and need to be restarted 3 times.

On one occasion one of the channels on the Mixtour distorted the sound while the other sounded fine (this is a first in the long line of frustrating, unpredictable bugs)

Again I am stupefied why I have no issues when using VDJ with other soundcards (ie without the Mixtour)? If the computers I tested on and latency problems where the issue then in theory VDJ would have similar problems but it doesnt.

Not sure of the next step?
possibly...
- for each DJ session manually terminate the Wdf01000.sys and all other services causing latency problems
- use a program like GameBooster to terminate background services more safely (any experience with this?)
- upgrade to Windows 10 (a scary prospect as with all system upgrades )
- test/use Traktor and Mixtour
- return Mixtour/VDJ, find better more reliable setup

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 10:10 am
Did you try removing the Reloop drivers completely, restarting the PC and using the generic WASAPI ones?

As I said before I am using the same controller on Windows 8.1 with no issues, but then I have never ever installed the Reloop drivers. My home entertainment PC I use it with is also Lenovo, but lower spec (i3, 4gb RAM)

Could also possibly be a hardware fault in the unit itself.

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 10:17 am
- Removed ASIO drivers (had to get into the registry to fully remove them)
- Ran VDJ and Mixtour, VDJ chose "Mixtour WASAPI" as the driver
- While playing also ran Latencymon and system still shows same high latency problems as before

next
- restarted computer
- disabled all network devices
- ran VDJ with Mixtour
- LatencyMon showing less latency issues
- but still marking MEDIUM high "interrupt to process latency" and VERY high "hard page fault resolution"

Any suggestion?

thanks

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 6:09 pm
Is it possible that the controller is faulty? Bad USB port? Have you tried on another computer? What is the reason for staying with Widows 8.1?

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 8:20 am
yes it is possible that the controller is faulty or the controller combined with VDJ.

So after at least 20 hours of troubleshooting/testing this is where things are:

Improvements:
apart from uninstalling ASIO drivers and switching to WASPI i have also disabled WIFI, WLAN, webCam devices and adjusted battery/power settings have had some improvement at least according to LatencyMon, and no sound cuts or noise.

BUT
I am still getting reports from Latencymon of high latency related to the Wdf01000.sys file.

So I am still concerned about stability for a live event. (As I have said previously VDJ8.x without the Mixtour was almost 100% stable)

Any ideas about Wdf01000.sys latency issues?

Is upgrading to Windows 10 a good option? Is it really worth the hassle/expense to later encounter the same problems?

发表时间 Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 4:53 pm
Have you considered a factory reset of Windows on your laptop?

I have been using 8.1 on my current gig machine for 3 years or so and haven't had any issues at all.

P.S Don't read too much in to the latencymon app. It's like lying in bed at night listening to your pulse and worrying about it. If everything sounds fine on the outside then there's probably nothing to worry about.

My previous gig machine showed in the red all the time but never gave me any physical problems whatsoever. Sometimes these apps highlight things that aren't really a problem at all ......

发表时间 Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 4:59 pm
@LibTech
Firstly, here are some topics from reloop forum regarding the same issue.

http://support.reloop.com/mixtour/audio-output-noise-problems!/
http://support.reloop.com/mixtour/sound-cuts-out-during-performances/

In the second topic i'm reporting the same issue. Then, i tried mixtour with wasapi driver and everything worked ok. I have to admit that i use it only at home, for a few minutes i didn't perform so many tests as you did.
Overall i don't believe this has something to do with your system and will explain myself.
My main system is very old, having an Intel Centrino Duo CPU. I mainly used the American DJ VMS4.1 & Hercules RMX2 with asio drivers. Both controllers work fine with ASIO drivers without having any noise distortion etc. Reloop told me that the issue i had was because ASIO requirements are i5 CPU minimum something that not fit into your case. Even if this was the case, why ASIO drivers of other controllers are working fine?

I thing it is something with Reloop, most probably driver, i'm not an expert in ASIO but facts drive me to this conclusion.

发表时间 Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 6:44 pm
I had no problems with my Reloop Mixtour until last night. Vdj8 recognizes the controller. The problem I'm having is no sound playing through earphones or speakers. I tried the both audio settings wasapi and Reloop audio drivers with no luck. I updated the firmware and drivers with no luck. I even tried restoring to earlier point with still no luck. I'm using Windows 10 and even made sure everything was updated. I even ran trouble shooting for usb ports with everything coming back fine. The problems started one night out of the blue the vdj8 froze along with the Reloop Mixtour controller. Once i rebooted the system Reloop Mixtour controller is recognized by vdj8 and controller functions work but no sound in headphones or speakers. Could it be sound card internally in controller went out ? Frustrated. Any suggestions ?

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 17 @ 8:25 pm
Not sure if you will be able to reproduce this at home, but i would check the Task Manager and see if an additional instance of VirtualDJ is left running there (could happen if the drivers were not properly released when VirtualDJ closed)

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 11:20 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)