快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: First Controller choice?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm curious as to what people reading this chose as their first DJ controller? I'd imagine it's how most people get their start nowadays, being so affordable and compact. The trouble is that the choice is enormous at every price point. It almost seems like it doesn't even matter what gets chosen as it's like trying to drink from a firehose and you could waste your life away trying to decide what you want it to be able to do.

Which one did you pick? Why?

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 6:30 am
I picked one of the few ones that existed - a Hercules DJ Console. It was a lot easier back in 2006.
It was certainly not a good controller compared to todays standards, but it got me started

If I was looking for an entry level controller right now, I would go with one of these:
- Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 or Platinum
- Pioneer DDJ-SB2
- Reloop Beatmix 2 (MK2)

I would normally also suggest the Denon MC2000, but that has been deprecated, and sadly it doesn't look like Denon is making a entry level controller at the moment

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 7:13 am
DDJ RB: Full pads with separate transport buttons (My only gripe with the ddj-sb/sb2), dedicated mode buttons, gain, filter knobs, nice jogs <250$.

Also comes with a full license for Rekordbox (Before I get jumped on: It's good to have options) so you can plug in to someone else's computer if they use Pioneer Stuff.

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 9:54 am
FumpsHome userMember since 2016
I'm still new to digital mixing so my first controller was a Pioneer DDJ Wego 3 which is great fun. I still use it to practice with or take to friends houses where they want a bit of a party mix doing for them.
I chose the Wego 3 because I tried one out in a shop & loved the way it felt solid but uncluttered, there maybe better choices out there but I'm a firm believer in choosing for yourself & not worrying about what others feel is better.
For me the Wego is easy to use, looks nice & does what its supposed to. I'm a simple man who likes simple things

My main controller now is the Pioneer DDJ-SR. I upgraded because I wanted to do more than the wego can, but I'd never sell the Wego it will always be the fun toy

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 9:59 am

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 7:28 pm
Buyed my First Conrtroller American Audio VMS2 includes VDJ LE License in Dezember 2011,this works since 5 Years with No Problems wirth VDJ 7 and VDJ 8

Love this Controller,is for Mobile Disco ,have this buildt in in a 19 Inch Rack.

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 9:18 pm
Thanks for all the responses.

Anyone have any regrets on their choice?

DJPhaseFour, thanks for the tip but one thing I'm pretty sure of is wanting a built in sound card and I think you have to go up to the mixtrack pro for that.

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 9:42 pm
Mine was the first DJ controller on the market.

The Numark DMC-1, which worked over a serial port connection (USB was just being born back then) to control PCDJ software.

I first saw it being used at the yearly PLASA exhibition in London, with the stand being manned by Jorgen Hedberg himself. After seeing what was possible, I purchased the software and controller, and away I went. That was 1998 apparently.

As for what you should buy now, I'd suggest not going for the cheapest or the most basic. Get one that has more features than you think you might need, as you'll grow into it as you learn. If you get a cheap/basic one, you'll probably regret it after a while and have to spend more money on another one.

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 10:00 pm
it all depends on the current use and what you might intend to use it for in the future. I would recommend something with a audio card built in. If you are going to use VDJ, it would be nice if it is natively supported. if you are going to be mobile with it go a little smaller / lighter. don't buy something with all the bells & whistles unless you are going to use all the bells & whistles.

发表时间 Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 6:46 pm
I started with the Alactech BPM Studio RCP-2001A controller. Serious piece of kit and my colleague still uses his one with BPM Studio as a backup.

发表时间 Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 7:11 pm
groovindj wrote :
Mine was the first DJ controller on the market.

The Numark DMC-1, which worked over a serial port connection (USB was just being born back then) to control PCDJ software.

I first saw it being used at the yearly PLASA exhibition in London, with the stand being manned by Jorgen Hedberg himself. After seeing what was possible, I purchased the software and controller, and away I went. That was 1998 apparently.

As for what you should buy now, I'd suggest not going for the cheapest or the most basic. Get one that has more features than you think you might need, as you'll grow into it as you learn. If you get a cheap/basic one, you'll probably regret it after a while and have to spend more money on another one.

I totally agree. Do not get the controller that you can afford, but the one that you want. I'm not saying you should buy the Pioneer DDJ-RZX, because you are just starting out. However, if you get the one that you can afford, you will get the one that you wanted anyway, sooner or later. It will be a lot sooner, because you will discover a lot more possibilities than your controller can handle. Save your money and get a controller that you will not out grow quickly. Then when you progress your controller will go with you. After your abilities advance, get a better controller, and your first controller will be your backup, or home practice controller. Good luck in your search

I still have two Numark DMC 1 controllers. It was the turning point in me becoming a totally computer DJ.

发表时间 Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 12:51 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
My first controller was the Denon MC3000- It still works great, and looks pristine. From there, I upgraded to the MC6000, then the MC6000MK2. I now have about 18 different controllers, however I would say that my MC6000MK2 sees more usage than any of the others.

发表时间 Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 4:12 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)