快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Problem with Sound Quality in Latest Builds 3523 & 3568-3573 !!! Please Help ... - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

BTW: Since VirtualDj can record in FLAC (which is loseless) use FLAC.
And record the exact same spot of the tracks you can hear the difference

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:06 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Will do so PhantomDeejay,

I'll record the whole song in FLAC, 16 Bit 44100 Hz and send it to you guys.

You can tell the difference even form the beginning of the song.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:25 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Actually, after seeing this thread I now know how bad my hearing has become, a few weeks ago the boss at a bar I do mentioned in conversation that the top end was now starting to feel a bit "piercing/hissy" especially when the singers came on. I adjusted the settings but he could still hear it, sorry I can't add any more to the thread but maybe's it may help.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:53 pm
You know what, I have also noticed this in two separate venues of late.

Last Friday in my regular gig, the sound was piercingly high, with too much treble and midrange. So much I had to turn both the treble and midrange way down on the external mixing board. On Wednesday night, at a gig I have not done since Mid December (due to the students being away) I also noticed the sound was far more piercing than normal and thought my ears were screwed or someone had messed with the amps.

I'm not joking, this is a real issue but I never ever thought it would be the software.

Glad I noticed this thread as I thought I was going mad or something had changed at the venues. Can you please look in to this as a matter of urgency.

Windows 8.1, denon MC6000 running in external mode. B3523

Let me see if I can do a recording of different versions of VDJ.

Thanks

Keith

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:15 pm
OK, I have recorded sections of the same song from VDJ to Audacity through WASAPI using both b3311 & b3573 and with current settings.xml and also a fresh one.

There is no discerenable difference at all.

Not unless this is something affecting output to controllers but I can't see how that would be different.

Very strange indeed.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:51 pm
Has the signal stayed digital in that arrangement Keith? maybe its something that only gets affected when converted to line level analogue.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:56 pm

SpBlackCat wrote :
sidneysides wrote :
I am using a Macbook Pro and last week really noticed the harshness of mids and treble and thought it must be my speakers. I never thought that it might be VDJ. Strange because it's only been recently that I've noticed. I'm going to revert back to a 'summer' version tonight and see if it is any different.

Hello sidneysides,

I'm afraid it's not your speakers that are at fault but the Treble High & Mid Ranges from the latest builds.

You might encounter the same problems when rolling back to previous builds.

Is there a build that I could try that won't have this problem? I was going to try a summer build?

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:58 pm
Yeah. I will dig out my MC6000 later and compare. Definitely something fishy going on since I have noticed it quite clearly in two different venues.

But it is a recent change though .......

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:58 pm
I'm not sure what it is, but I had to drop my zerodb to -3, after the last couple of releases. The input was always high, and during the mix, the limiter was kicking in. Don't know when it first started, but something has changed.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 10:21 pm
Normally the club mixer is flat but as you can see I'm having to reduce the mid and top to stop the sound piercing.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 11:58 pm
tayla wrote :
Actually, after seeing this thread I now know how bad my hearing has become, a few weeks ago the boss at a bar I do mentioned in conversation that the top end was now starting to feel a bit "piercing/hissy" especially when the singers came on. I adjusted the settings but he could still hear it, sorry I can't add any more to the thread but maybe's it may help.

Hello Tayla :-)

I'm afraid your boss is right, there is nothing wrong with your hearing, there is a lot of Hissing - Piercing Sounds coming out of Virtual DJ with the Latest Builds.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:46 pm
sidneysides wrote :

SpBlackCat wrote :
sidneysides wrote :
I am using a Macbook Pro and last week really noticed the harshness of mids and treble and thought it must be my speakers. I never thought that it might be VDJ. Strange because it's only been recently that I've noticed. I'm going to revert back to a 'summer' version tonight and see if it is any different.

Hello sidneysides,

I'm afraid it's not your speakers that are at fault but the Treble High & Mid Ranges from the latest builds.

You might encounter the same problems when rolling back to previous builds.

Is there a build that I could try that won't have this problem? I was going to try a summer build?

That's what we are trying to find out Sidneysides, a proper build.

I tried to roll back to the builds that I remembered Virtual DJ had an awesome sound, 3398 and 3409 but I'm afraid that they are not working properly.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:51 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I'm not sure what it is, but I had to drop my zerodb to -3, after the last couple of releases. The input was always high, and during the mix, the limiter was kicking in. Don't know when it first started, but something has changed.

I've noticed this problem with WAV files (.wav).

I transferred recently audio files from some CDs that I borrowed from a friend, I checked out the wave-forms in each song and they we're OK,

but the limiter in most songs started kicking in, making each song sound terrible.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:58 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Normally the club mixer is flat but as you can see I'm having to reduce the mid and top to stop the sound piercing.

Hello kradcliffe,

I had to do the exact same thing this Saturday at one of the major clubs that I play at.

I went early at the Club so I could set my gear, like I always do, when I put a few songs to sound check to see if everything is OK, the owner of the club came immediately to the DJ Booth and subtracted High and Mid Ranges, it was that obvious and annoying.

I also usually have the club mixer flat.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:03 pm
just a FYI for you guys...

if you are driving the limiter hard your highs and mids will become harsh and fatiguing to listen to

might want to set zerodb to -6 and auto gain to auto .... more then likely all your sound problems will magically disappear :-)

if it still sounds bad after that it must be VDJ but i would think more people would have noticed by now :-)

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:09 pm
djdad wrote :
I dont think anything is changed on the Sound Engine recently. Perhaps you could try to delete the settings.xml just in case i missed some new/modified setting.

For the waveform issue with previous builds, try setting the MaxPreloadLength to something like 20 (constant value in mins instead of "automatic")

Hello djdad,

I'm afraid by deleting the settings.xml file, reinstalling the older build and setting the options manually doesn't do the trick, the older builds are still not working properly.

Neither does setting the MaxPreloadLength help in any way.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:11 pm
It's definitely not the limiter in my case. I haven't changed any settings in months and my output is set at -3db.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:20 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I'm afraid by recording you can't (capture) the problem. I tried.

You can only hear the difference when the sound is passing through the Master, coming out of the speakers.

But the problem is very Obvious, Annoying and Damaging to the ears !!!

My ears are still Aching from a Gig that I had this Saturday at one of the Major Clubs that I play at.
There is so much Hissing and Piercing sound coming out of V DJ with all the latest builds.

Once I started playing, the owner of the club came immediately to the DJ Booth and Subtracted High & Mid Ranges from the Club Mixer and that's how it remained all night.

I usually have the Club Mixer Flat ...

Please Fix the Sound, I had the worst sound this Saturday than ever !!!

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:23 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's definitely not the limiter in my case. I haven't changed any settings in months and my output is set at -3db.

I don't think it's the limiter either,

I always had zerodb set at -3 db and always had amazing sound.

When I had it set at 0 db the Limiter would Kick in easy.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
SpBlackCat wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I'm afraid by recording you can't (capture) the problem. I tried.

You can only hear the difference when the sound is passing through the Master, coming out of the speakers.

But the problem is very Obvious, Annoying and Damaging to the ears !!!

My ears are still Aching from a Gig that I had this Saturday at one of the Major Clubs that I play at.
There is so much Hissing and Piercing sound coming out of V DJ with all the latest builds.

Once I started playing, the owner of the club came immediately to the DJ Booth and Subtracted High & Mid Ranges from the Club Mixer and that's how it remained all night.

I usually have the Club Mixer Flat ...

Please Fix the Sound, I had the worst sound this Saturday than ever !!!

Connect the output of your sound card to a line input on your computer then and try to record it that way.

发表时间 Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:54 pm
21%