快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Problem with Sound Quality in Latest Builds 3523 & 3568-3573 !!! Please Help ... - Page: 10

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

dwelly wrote :
Hi, did you mean change "ControllerWaveformZoom" from 3 to 0?

I need to try that... still having loads of audio issues with recent builds on my DJ laptop, my older backup laptop has less has less issues.

I tried WASAPI with and without exclusiveaudio and had problems all of Pioneer DDJ-S1, DDJ-SX2, CDJ-2000s but all worked fine on ASIO. Have a lovely NS6 II that I can't risk using as the audio (& VDJ 8.2 early access) completely freezes and I can't track down why (thinking ASIO driver issue or problems with latest Windows 10 builds...). Unfortunately it is 100% stable in Serato!?

And for the last few months my ultra-reliable Numark NV has had audio problems, mainly a distortion that sounds like it's under-water. The correction is simple, go to audio settings and hit "Apply", no changes just apply then it runs happily for anything from 2mins to 2hrs or more before it returns. Any ideas welcome...?

I think you're running on Windows and i'm running on Mac, but maybe the problem is the same just try move the waveform form 0 to 3.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 12:04 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Yeah, running on windows and was suspecting Microsoft updates over past 12 months have been the cause of my issues especially as they seem to affect different laptops differently.

Anyway, dusted off my NS6 II that I'd nearly given up with and to my surprise it worked perfectly so maybe a Microsoft update has fixed something? Previously I'd get 2 - 20 minutes before audio totally freezes and now I've had it on for around 6hrs without a glitch :) Didn't even get around to altering the waveform setting. And just when I actually feel confident to take the NS6 II out in public I have this evening had to sit through a 2hr windows update, so I'll have to wait till the weekend to re-test it. Fingers crossed.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 11:02 pm
dwelly wrote :
Yeah, running on windows and was suspecting Microsoft updates over past 12 months have been the cause of my issues especially as they seem to affect different laptops differently.

Anyway, dusted off my NS6 II that I'd nearly given up with and to my surprise it worked perfectly so maybe a Microsoft update has fixed something? Previously I'd get 2 - 20 minutes before audio totally freezes and now I've had it on for around 6hrs without a glitch :) Didn't even get around to altering the waveform setting. And just when I actually feel confident to take the NS6 II out in public I have this evening had to sit through a 2hr windows update, so I'll have to wait till the weekend to re-test it. Fingers crossed.

must be a kinda old laptop if updates are taking 2 hours??

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 11:12 pm
It was the big bi-annual Microsoft update that effectively replaces the whole operating system, though a full install would be quicker!
The laptop's a 2 year old HP Envy, 8GB RAM, running an AMD A10-8700P quad-core cpu. It's faster than my older core i3 laptops.
Interestingly (or not..), one of these i3 laptops can't even run Serato DJ now yet runs virtual dj 8.2 perfectly, but the faster AMD laptop runs Serato DJ perfectly but struggles with vdj8.2, with audio glitches, distortion, total audio freezes etc. It doesn't make much sense, especially as Serato says "AMD processors not supported".
Thankfully I use Linux for my day job!

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 11:37 pm
If we still talking about problems Virtual Dj
I have another set up:
Pioneer DJM S9 + Turntables
After two hours I have issue, the sound is pumping volume very loud for 1/4 of a second, randrom is hapening, aprox every 5-6 minutes.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 2:43 am
When I get distortion on my Numark NV I call up settings, audio config, hit "apply" (make no changes!) and the sound is fine again. It's a different OS but if this cleared your problem too, or "reset" it for another hour or more, it may point to something going on withing VDJ rather than the platforms audio drivers.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 11:40 am
dwelly wrote :
When I get distortion on my Numark NV I call up settings, audio config, hit "apply" (make no changes!) and the sound is fine again. It's a different OS but if this cleared your problem too, or "reset" it for another hour or more, it may point to something going on withing VDJ rather than the platforms audio drivers.

To me that sounds like a buffer issue in the audio driver

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 1:46 pm
Yea, I could understand that but it never used to happen, hence wandering if windows updates have caused it?

As there are no ASIO drivers for the Numark NV I can't adjust the buffer size there, so what options in VDJ can I try to adjust? Latency(768)? SampleRate(48000)? I've never changed either of these. I did play with ExclusiveAudioAccess setting but it made no difference (currently set to off)

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 3:36 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I used VDJ for the last 4 years paired with Denon mc600mk2, mc7000 and NI kontrol s4mk3 - sound is indeed very harsh on top end, mids are metallic, and bass is flat most of the times. VDJ has so many great features, that it's hard to change to other software - VDJ is the best in functionality terms, but sound quality is definitely not it's best feature.

发表时间 Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 11:11 pm
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djxhalx wrote :
I used VDJ for the last 4 years paired with Denon mc600mk2, mc7000 and NI kontrol s4mk3 - sound is indeed very harsh on top end, mids are metallic, and bass is flat most of the times. VDJ has so many great features, that it's hard to change to other software - VDJ is the best in functionality terms, but sound quality is definitely not it's best feature.

I kinda seem to agree with you on the sound quality issue( I sometimes experience it the most when mixing two songs together). I personally dont think anyone would care much if vdj decided to colour their sound like other softwares do. Because in the end,those other companies have done it and their customers like it because the sound quality is great.

发表时间 Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:01 am
Ziglar wrote :
[quote=djxhalx]I sometimes experience it the most when mixing two songs together

set zerodb to -6
set autogain to auto

and you will no longer experience distortion due to hitting the limiter

have a great day :-)

发表时间 Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:14 am
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
wickedmix wrote :
Ziglar wrote :
[quote=djxhalx]I sometimes experience it the most when mixing two songs together

set zerodb to -6
set autogain to auto

and you will no longer experience distortion due to hitting the limiter

have a great day :-)

I never hit the limiter,i have tried almost every tweak available including sometimes -9db or less. The problem we seem to be talking about when it comes to sound quality is in comparison with other software and not limiter/distortion issues. Even with the same controller and different software,u instantly recognize the difference when in use in big setups,etc,etc. Like dj halx wrote: maybe only a few people will accept that this issue persists. But i am hopeful,till that day comes,i will keep on tweaking and using it as it is.

发表时间 Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:33 pm
i'm afraid without recorded samples of the issue nobody is going to take this seriously.

发表时间 Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 11:35 pm
wickedmix wrote :
i'm afraid without recorded samples of the issue nobody is going to take this seriously.

Hello wickedmix,

If you see this thread-conversation from the start, I had sent recorded samples, indicating the difference in sound quality.
There was a lot of sibilance in the high frequencies, even the bass was weak and in General the sound was flat.
I came to this conclusion using 3 different Audio Interfaces.

Despite my efforts to show and explain in detail the problem with sound quality in the latest builds, nothing positive ever came out of it.

The only thing I can suggest for a solution to this issue, is for Virtual DJ to incorporate within the software,
different EQ Settings, depending on the type of controller one is using.

Different Controllers equals to different hardware inside, different Audio Interfaces equals to different Sound Quality produced.
So I think it is virtually impossible for any software to be properly optimized for all of the DJ Controllers and Audio Interfaces,
especially sound-wise.

For the last 2 years at least, I have remained at a build that produces the sound quality that I prefer, without updating ever since.
I own 2 laptops and 1 PC. I only update on the PC, and each time I do,the sound is flat with harsh sibilant piercing my ears.

Virtual DJ is an Amazing Software and giving it EQ Setting Options depending an the Audio interface would make it Perfect & Unrivaled.

发表时间 Thu 25 Apr 19 @ 3:14 am
djxhalx wrote :

Hello djxhalx,

I had the same issues with sound quality, Harsh and Sibilant Highs and Mids, weak Bass and in General flat sound.

A Solution that worked and still works for me is that I Uninstalled Virtual DJ and Reinstalled it at a Build that I remembered Sound Quality was Great !
And at each venue that play at, sound is Great ! With Rich and Deep Bass, Clear and detailed Mids and decent Highs.

I never updated since, at least on neither of my Laptops that I use for DJing, just on my PC, and each time I do, sound quality is not satisfying.

People will say, sound quality is subjective, but bad sound is bad sound.

More detailed INFO on what I exactly did is in this Post-Thread, if it interests you and anybody else.

发表时间 Thu 25 Apr 19 @ 3:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)