快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Questions about Sync, Tags, and Song Matches...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am a new user of Virtual DJ but I like what I see.

My setup is:

iMac 27"/16GB Ram/4TB/2.6GHz CPU
Numark NS7 III

I have a few questions:

1) Sync - regardless of whether I turn SYNC off on my controller or try to turn of SYNC in the application, the songs always seem to sync with the previous song. Is there a way to turn this off (or at least have better control of when this gets engaged)

2) TAGS - Is there a way to automate which Tags get synced to the VDJ database. For example I use Mixed In Key to get the harmonic key. It looks VDJ also analyzes for key. Sometimes there is a difference. I would prefer to use MIK's which shows up in the Tag for that parameter. Or I noticed some of my older songs had incorrect Artist and Titles. I have fixed that and it shows up in the Tags but not in VDJ. Is there a way to fix (automate) this?

3) Song Match - Let's say two songs are playing and I really think they sound awesome together. Is there a way to tag each song so the next time I play one of them, there will be a reminder of the songs that mixed well with (sort of a manual Genius DJ).?

I think this a good start!

Thanks for taking a look at my questions.

DJ Roubo

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 3:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 search the options for autoBpmMatch -set to off
2 search options for useKeyFromTag -set to yes
3 I use the comment field for this.
I have been thinking about how/if I could use the my library plugin. I haven't figured it out yet.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 4:38 am
Funny, I was thinking about mentioning a match feature here since finding out that Rekordbox DJ has one.

Theirs is so simple. An icon that you click if you want to match two tracks.

From then on, those two tracks are paired - but to display matches is not so great. You have to open the 'related tracks' window then select 'matching' as the criteria.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 5:55 pm
I'm trying to imagine it with vdj,
creating a vfolder for every track matched and then adding the matched track into the vfolder would be one way,
but it will fall apart if you move or rename a track
another would be a database tag, again the rename issue and search would have to be able to use OR || operators
Even if that is solved, 2 decks no problem 1 button 1click, 4 decks which deck are you matching to ? 6 buttons. 6 decks, 15 buttons,you've got to start thinking about a dropdown for more than 2 decks

I just use the comment tag, it's quick to call and I don't use full track names just a key word,
Having the machine remember for you is alright but... I like a live performance and part of that for me is how's my brain firing this evening

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:35 pm
locodog wrote :

I just use the comment tag

Similar here.

I've been doing this so long that I either just know which tracks go well together, or I'm not bothered about being able to repeat a mix.

I tend to use comments to remind me about tracks that are linked in some other way (sample of track A used on track B etc).

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:45 pm
Is this not what Genius DJ was supposed to be for?

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:49 pm
I knew I saw that feature somewhere!

Part 1 - Save data to both songs

press a button

From Deck 1
VDJ examines Titles in other decks.
If not empty
Copies & Appends %Artist%-%Title%-%File Location% to Field1

From Deck 2
VDJ examine Titles in other decks
If not empty
Copies & Appends %Artist%-%Title%-%File Location% to Field1

Part 2 - Display Data (Somehow this would require a sideview window.)

After loading song
Check if there is data in Field 1
Display Songs in Side view
Drag song into other deck

This is the rough thinking.

Is this doable?

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:56 pm
GeniusDJ is an automated solution. I want something with a bit more control.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:57 pm
@grovin
Yeah it's how it was in the day, I sort of miss the vinyl only ways, one look at a cover bringing up dozens or possibles in your head but then having to find them in the pile was a different story, in practising I'd mixed everything into everything, so I ran on instinct, I've never been a fan of playlists.
Playing by ear makes my sets eclectic. I rarely think more that 3 tunes ahead.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:59 pm
@DJ Roubo, no not possible with field 1, you can't write to that via script, actually I'm not sure you can write a string to any field via script
colour won't work
I think only vfolders will do the job
I have a play.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:06 pm
nope can't create a vfolder by name.

I tried a few things, this sort of did it but the name wouldn't take.
add_virtualfolder `get_title_remix` & select & get_title_remix & param_cast & search & virtualfolder_add

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:25 pm
I'll have a go at a plugin,
I'm imagining a fx that sits on master deck always on. 4 buttons for the 4 decks [maybe do 6] another button "match" will create a vfolder called "matches" in my library inside that folder it will make a vfolder for each deck lit up writing the filepath of all other lit decks inside that,then all the buttons switch off.
to recall matches, press another button "Find" and the next pushed deck button will go to the virtual folder for that track, and just for the sake of ease have a padpage.

What do we think?

mac users are going to hate me XD

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 9:50 pm
I take it that FX don't work on a mac? (I'm on a mac and I've been trying to figure out how to add VST's. Perhaps because I'm on the demo version currently I don't have access.

I was wondering if there was any way to call any command line scripts outside of VDJ?

I took a look at the VDJ database and it's just simple XML. Here's an example (keeping in mind that I'm on a Mac)

<Song FilePath="/Users/DJ Roubo/Music/Convention/2015-2020/2016/Dance/Flo Rida ft. Sam Martin - Dirty Mind (Remixes) (eSquire Remix).mp3" FileSize="10955389">
<Tags Author="Flo Rida ft. Sam Martin" Title="Dirty Mind (Remixes) (eSquire Remix)" Genre="Hip Hop/Rap" Remix="eSquire Remix" TrackNumber="3" Grouping="7" Year="2016" Bpm="0.487805" Key="Fm" Flag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="273.240816" FirstSeen="1477944750" Bitrate="320" Cover="2" />
<Comment>4A - Energy 7</Comment>
<Scan Version="800" Bpm="0.487800" AltBpm="0.365850" Volume="0.994420" Key="Fm" />
<Poi Name="Cue 2" Pos="46.855000" Num="2" />
<Poi Name="Cue 3" Pos="62.465000" Num="3" />
<Poi Pos="0.027506" Type="beatgrid" />
<Poi Pos="0.018866" Type="automix" Point="realStart" />
<Poi Pos="270.329615" Type="automix" Point="realEnd" />
<Poi Type="automix" Point="fadeStart" />
<Poi Pos="265.822041" Type="automix" Point="fadeEnd" />
<Poi Pos="0.021769" Type="automix" Point="cutStart" />
<Poi Pos="264.904127" Type="automix" Point="cutEnd" />
<Poi Pos="0.025238" Type="automix" Point="tempoStart" />
<Poi Pos="249.780408" Type="automix" Point="tempoEnd" />
<Poi Name="Break 1" Pos="46.368073" Type="remix" />
<Poi Name="End Break 1" Pos="93.192562" Type="remix" />
</Song>

Assuming you could use call a Windows or Mac script outside of VDJ, you could populate data in the database itself.

Just a thought.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 10:03 pm
I don't think so, vdj has the database open while running. How would your external save the changes it makes?
FX should work on a mac even as a home licence user. I don't know the ins and outs for macs x64 vst's I think or AU's

Oh also as a mac no licence user you'll be out of luck on 2 counts if I do write this plugin 1 I don't have a mac, 2 the windows plugin will be pro only

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 11:22 pm
One of the reason's I'm asking so many questions if to really see if VDJ will work for me. And if you get it working on the Windows side, I can help get it working on the Mac side!

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 1:32 am
If you can port my c++ into xcode then perhaps you can

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 1:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)